New monitor

Bruu Betyr

Is CS:GO and shooters your main genre of Games? CS:GO has a leader board issue at 21:9  the game itself works but the leader board doesn't display properly.

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Yeah the 29UM67 and 34UM67 but don't quote me on it I saw it in the comments of Linus's video might be a good question to ask in a separate thread from owner of the monitor then they can always check it for you.

Is CS:GO and shooters your main genre of Games? CS:GO has a leader board issue at 21:9  the game itself works but the leader board doesn't display properly.

ok, and no not my main but i will be playing it a bit. And as long as the gameplay looks nice i dont care about leaderbord

ok, and no not my main but i will be playing it a bit. And as long as the gameplay looks nice i dont care about leaderbord

Ok if it's not your main use you should be good with 75hz and ultrawide it if you play racing games at all ultrawide brings it to a whole new level, editing video will be easier if you are into that sort of thing as you can stretch the timeline right out. I was just going to suggest if you play a lot of fast paced games have you considered G-sync

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QS0AK6U/ref=psdc_1292115011_t1_B00SIZ8QDM

But then you don't get as wide it really depends on whats the most important things to you IPS looks absolutely amazing however it's not for everyone so I recommend going to a store if you can and looking at an ips display first hand as some people get easily annoyed by IPS glow which is apparent on all IPS screen however severity of it varies from display to display however viewing angles are superior and if you do any color work IPS is 100% recommended, if you don't mind occasional tearing then definitely go with the ultrawide its a very good all-rounder whereas TN panels are only really good for gaming and web browsing but if tearing is a 100% no no then G-sync or Freesync is the only way to eliminate it and on the LG monitor only AMD GPU's can use the Free sync feature but lastly I should add at 75hz tearing is no wear near as apparent as 60hz hope this helps. If you do get the LG ultrawide I would recommend a AMD graphics card just to make use of the free-sync functionality.

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Ok if it's not your main use you should be good with 75hz and ultrawide it if you play racing games at all ultrawide brings it to a whole new level, editing video will be easier if you are into that sort of thing as you can stretch the timeline right out. I was just going to suggest if you play a lot of fast paced games have you considered G-sync

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QS0AK6U/ref=psdc_1292115011_t1_B00SIZ8QDM

But then you don't get as wide it really depends on whats the most important things to you IPS looks absolutely amazing however it's not for everyone so I recommend going to a store if you can and looking at an ips display first hand as some people get easily annoyed by IPS glow which is apparent on all IPS screen however severity of it varies from display to display however viewing angles are superior and if you do any color work IPS is 100% recommended, if you don't mind occasional tearing then definitely go with the ultrawide its a very good all-rounder whereas TN panels are only really good for gaming and web browsing but if tearing is a 100% no no then G-sync or Freesync is the only way to eliminate it and on the LG monitor only AMD GPU's can use the Free sync feature but lastly I should add at 75hz tearing is no wear near as apparent as 60hz hope this helps. If you do get the LG ultrawide I would recommend a AMD graphics card just to make use of the free-sync functionality.

Thank you, ill get the lg ultrawide with free sync and the msi 390

Thank you, ill get the lg ultrawide with free sync and the msi 390

Great choice to be honest with you the R9 390 will probably perform better than a 970 anyway in terms of price to performance + you get mantle support and better DX12 support as it was based off mantle and freesync damn wishing I went for a AMD GPU now rather than two Titan X's lol. Have fun :)

Custom PC:

everyone says that those nvidia gameworks really look amazing. But I shouldnt choose those over fps right?

Exactly right.

Exactly right.

I know this is out of topic but because I chose the 390, my wattage went up 120w would the original choice of 550w suit a 550w system

I know this is out of topic but because I chose the 390, my wattage went up 120w would the original choice of 550w suit a 550w system

Are we talking power supplies? With a 390 600watt+ would be better because it is quite a power hungry card the 970 would be fine with 550watt however Whats the rest of the specs and I will have a look at power requirements for it alternatively check this website very good at determining what power supply you will need http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

Custom PC:

550W is fine if it's of decent quality.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that part cheers look for power supplies with 80Plus certification OP then 550watt should be good but if it isn't a good quality one likely hood is it can't supply as much power as it quotes (CIT cough cough avoid this brand at all cost so many stories of the exploding)

What sort of budget are you looking at? if your on a tighter budget have a look at Corsair CX series very solid power supplies or EVGA do some nice ones. 

Custom PC:

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that part cheers look for power supplies with 80Plus certification OP then 550watt should be good but if it isn't a good quality one likely hood is it can't supply as much power as it quotes (CIT cough cough avoid this brand at all cost so many stories of the exploding)

What sort of budget are you looking at? if your on a tighter budget have a look at Corsair CX series very solid power supplies or EVGA do some nice ones. 

Recommendations? my budget for the psu is £50, if you really think i need to spend more i can push a bit further. Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/L3GnRB

EDIT: i ment £60-£70 on budget

550W is fine if it's of decent quality.

Ok any suggestions on reliable 550w and 650w psu's? My budet is probs £60-£70

Ok any suggestions on reliable 550w and 650w psu's? My budet is probs £60-£70

If you want a semi modular power supply I recommend this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Builder-Modular-Bronze-Certified/dp/B00ALYOTTI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442607533&sr=8-1&keywords=cx600m+watt+psu

or if your not worried about semi modular

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-600W-Bronze-Power-Supply/dp/B00EN3FD20/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1442607382&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=600watt+psu+evga

hope this helps I have had experience with both of these and they are solid choices I currently have the Corsair one in my Media PC and the EVGA one I no longer have but it's still going strong in my cousins PC.

Custom PC:

If you want a semi modular power supply I recommend this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Builder-Modular-Bronze-Certified/dp/B00ALYOTTI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442607533&sr=8-1&keywords=cx600m+watt+psu

or if your not worried about semi modular

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-600W-Bronze-Power-Supply/dp/B00EN3FD20/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1442607382&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=600watt+psu+evga

hope this helps I have had experience with both of these and they are solid choices I currently have the Corsair one in my Media PC and the EVGA one I no longer have but it's still going strong in my cousins PC.

Ive heard the cx isnt good for gaming?

Power supplies aren't good or bad for gaming. CX are decent power supplies, they're not the best but it's not like they're going to explode on you or something.

Ok, is it worth investing in an 80 plus gold though?

Ive heard the cx isnt good for gaming?

My CX is 3 years old and it's powered graphics card all the way up to the Titan x paired with a AMD FX8320

Custom PC:

Ok, is it worth investing in an 80 plus gold though?

Bronze to Gold wont make a whole lot of difference it's 100% up to you

Custom PC:

Bronze to Gold wont make a whole lot of difference it's 100% up to you

Are bronze and gold ratings how long the PSU lasts will last?

And i'm convinced to get an EVGA, somehow seems a more solid option to me, idk y.

Are bronze and gold ratings how long the PSU lasts will last?

And i'm convinced to get an EVGA, somehow seems a more solid option to me, idk y.

80 PLUS ratings are for energy efficiency, nothing more. Generally speaking higher quality power supplies have higher 80 PLUS certifications, but high certification doesn't automatically mean the PSU is high quality.

80 PLUS ratings are for energy efficiency, nothing more. Generally speaking higher quality power supplies have higher 80 PLUS certifications, but high certification doesn't automatically mean the PSU is high quality.

Ok thanks