Google accidentally launches Climate Change

jos
Google map accidentally launches Climate Change. Google turned on a new feature in Google Maps that showed the California coast line under water with just a 2-inch rise in those levels.  What a better way to make people aware of the effects of those gas guzzling SUV’s then to show a map of their neighborhood underwater as a sort of doomsday scenario.   Google has said the feature was turned on accidentally which seems to be a big coincidence and timed just right to match the worst case scenario report. Now they have turned it off. 

What a good way of showing the consequences and making people aware..But hope people will at least view the option to become aware of it..

Source: http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015/09/google-maps-testing-climate-change-feature.html

If only California would be submerged in the ocean. Hippies, the whole lot of 'em. :angry: :angry: :angry:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I'm above any potential flood zone so I really don't care, I care about renewable energy from an economic perspective not a moral one and unless improvements come about once subsidies end it isn't a great market due to the unpredictability of weather(this is in regards to solar and wind) nuclear seems like a likely winner in the short term to me, oh and google has invested in the solar industry so I will take their information with a small grain of salt as fear mongering benefits them.

Umm, you do realize that if you eliminate all coastal cities from the face of the earth the entire world economy would just collapse and you'd be trapped in a technological and economical dark age....but to be fair to your point completely dry.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'm above any potential flood zone so I really don't care, I care about renewable energy from an economic perspective not a moral one and unless improvements come about once subsidies end it isn't a great market due to the unpredictability of weather(this is in regards to solar and wind) nuclear seems like a likely winner in the short term to me, oh and google has invested in the solar industry so I will take their information with a small grain of salt as fear mongering benefits them.

What ?  If anything Renewable energy should be enforced EVERYWHERE. This is the only planet called home. Without this planet there is no us.

Last thing we need is Earth being like Fallout.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

What ?  If anything Renewable energy should be enforced EVERYWHERE. This is the only planet called home. Without this planet there is no us.

What do you propose we use during the night when there is no wind, hydroelectric can't be implemented everywhere

Edited by AresKrieger

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

What do you propose we use during the night when there is no wind, hydroelectric can't be implemented everywhere

We need to use the water to our advantage. We have water all around us.

Something that can use the currents and shit or something.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Fusion, at some point in the future anyway. Batteries before then.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

We need to use the water to our advantage. We have water all around us.

Something that can use the currents and shit or something.

Not everywhere has hydroelectric capabilities and tidal is currently pointless despite our efforts (also ocean currents are too far from shore for energy transfer to be worthwhile), continuing geothermal only works in places like iceland, wind is the least dependable and efficient, solar is fine during the day but cost a lot up front and is useless at night, fossil fuels are the original problem, and lastly nuclear creates radioactive waste. Without the use of fossil fuels some form of nuclear will have to used within the upcoming years to keep up with demand and nuclear is the only one that doesn't rely on geographical features besides fossil fuels so unless we find a new way to harness or store energy those are the only viable backbones for the grid

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Fusion, at some point in the future anyway. Batteries before then.

Batteries cause more pollution what's the point of using that over say a thorium reactor? Fusion is a good idea but I was talking about the present so until we make a fusion plant it can't help us

A few years back, the local council in my area released flood maps of the suburb I live in.

There is a creek like 600 metres away, what seems like 50 metres lower down or more from where I am.

And they apparently thought that my property is still in danger of flooding....

So what happens when potential new owners notice this information? Of course, property prices will go down.

All because of some damn greenies in the council who don't know what in the hell they're doing.

Congratulations, you please try telling the Chinese government or an African warlord to only use "renewable" energy. Oh wait, you're already dead because in any non western European country or America, talk like that will get you killed or thrown in some hell hole that "doesn't exist"

Also, it would be physically and economically impossible to use green energy everywhere. Also, America isn't world police and it would be ethically and politically wrong to for our ideals and opinions on other nations.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

If only California would be submerged in the ocean. Hippies, the whole lot of 'em. :angry: :angry: :angry:

I'll be much more happy to see Florida underwater.

As for a map showing regions underwater. My university (UofC) has several globes which project the regions that will be underwater with a timeline. It's actually pretty nice but being in Calgary I really don't care that much about ocean level rises. Sorry coastline inhabitants. What's much worse for me is the change in the weather that will be happening as a result of climate change. I don't want to have extreme weather.

Not everywhere has hydroelectric capabilities and tidal is currently pointless despite our efforts (also ocean currents are too far from shore for energy transfer to be worthwhile), continuing geothermal only works in places like iceland, wind is the least dependable and efficient, solar is fine during the day but cost a lot up front and is useless at night, fossil fuels are the original problem, and lastly nuclear creates radioactive waste. Without the use of fossil fuels some form of nuclear will have to used within the upcoming years to keep up with demand and nuclear is the only one that doesn't rely on geographical features besides fossil fuels so unless we find a new way to harness or store energy those are the only viable backbones for the grid

Nuclear would actually be the best option if the system hadn't hamstrung the industry over the decades. Modern reactor designs are: more efficient, safer, more productive, capable of using a wider range of fuels, and capable of reusing fuel to the point the amount of waste, its radioactivity, and its halflife are all significantly reduced. We have tens of thousands of years worth of Uranium and conceivably hundreds of thousands of years worth of thorium, but fear and government's ulterior motives will keep us from benefiting from the advances made over the last few decades.

Climate change is a constant cycle-people might accelerate it slightly-but its going to happen one way or another.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

But those are our Shameful North Californian Brethren! Only submerge Northerners, Southern CA is the greatest.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

But those are our Shameful North Californian Brethren! Only submerge Northerners, Southern CA is the greatest.

I very much doubt it. :angry:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Climate change is a constant cycle-people might accelerate it slightly-but its going to happen one way or another.

Oh shut up and educate yourself.. http://www.skepticalscience.com/global-warming-natural-cycle.htm

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

fusion.

- snip-

Why Turn it off?

oh mighty google tell us

iter.org

Gives me reason to be excited about the next 15-20 years of physics outside of the LHC!

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Careful, might upset their closed off universe where "facts" and reality have nothing to do with one another.

Yeah....try looking at some actual scientific evidence

800px-EPICA_temperature_plot.svg.png

800px-Five_Myr_Climate_Change.svg.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperature_record

*plot twist* NOTHING IN THE UNIVERSE REMAINS THE SAME. Looking at only the past 100 years or so is the only way to support that idea that "global warming" is entirely man made.

Notice how the bottom graph is in the scale of millions of years, and how the line goes up and down rapidly? Gee......that would seem to suggest that the climate changed BEFORE mankind evolved....which just isn't possible because global warming is entirely mankinds fault.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Umm, you do realize that if you eliminate all coastal cities from the face of the earth the entire world economy would just collapse and you'd be trapped in a technological and economical dark age....but to be fair to your point completely dry.

why would you think an economic collapse would lead to a technological dark age?  that makes as much sense as "If you run out of food everything will die!"