Things you wish you did with your PC, but didnt think of in time.

Jack.EXE

Antec doesn't "make" their PSUs, they have OEMs to do that. The vast majority of Antec PSUs are actually quite good. Saing you don't trust Antec because of exclusively that PSU is like discarding many other brands such as Corsair/EVGA/Seasonic as Seasonic is the OEM of the PSU. You're just very unlucky with them.

After a company cost a much smaller company $16,000, I may be a little salty if the smaller company was mine.

After a company cost a much smaller company $16,000, I may be a little salty if the smaller company was mine.

And yet it's no fault of Antec.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Man. I've been exceedingly pleased with the components I've bought for two computers in the last 12-18 months (however long its been).

Although, I did spend $5 on a 2.5/3.5" drive caddy for a 5.25" bay. I have zero use for it now. Woe is me.

waited for an rgb ducky shine instead of buying the ducky shine 4, didnt get a second 560ti when i never really used it, not gotten a black magic intensity pro(only used it like 5 times), not bought an h100i when i couldve bought something better for cheaper, got pcie wifi card instead of pci, not bought a triple monitor stand that i waited 2 weeks to open just realize it was too big for my new desk 

also not really a pc part, but not bought everything i could afford in a steam sale 70% of which i have never played and never will wasted money is all it is

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

970 is still a really good card. The Vram issue is overblown. If you're gaming at 1080p, then you wouldn't have gained any performance by going with a 390 instead. It's only in the higher resolutions that it pulls ahead of the 970.

I've got no problems now since I am at 1080P, but plan to up the resolution at some point this year. 

Build it.

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

my cooler master cosmos fits that description.

Cosmos II user here. It can be very awful at times.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Would have gone with the Air240 case over the 540 so my mATX mobo didn't look so damn small... also would have gone with a quad-channel kit, so my i7 4930k could have more abuse done with it. If only, if only...Also probably would have gone with a single PCIe SSD instead of an SSD array.

This is the Craft of PC Building. Mastered. #AshlarPC

When I bought my Core i5 4670K I wanted a gaming rig, but went with a very low-spec GTX 650 graphics card.

I wasn't really thinkin' with my brain at the time.

It's actually good though because it means I spent more money on an awesome quad-core CPU and other components, so it turned out to be the perfect workstation.

was it this one? http://www.antec.com/product.php?id=706887&fid=5022132&lan=nz if so then i dont know because its one of there top units, i believe they are delta units but i'm not sure, give me some time to find the oem, but i'm going to call two very knowledgeable on psu's @Aniallation and @STRMfrmXMN

The Edge are Seasonic G

"Rawr XD"

The Edge are Seasonic G

yeah i figured that out :)

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Wish I had saved up a little while longer and gotten the 780 rather than the 760 I have right now. I'm happy with the 760 but in hindsight, I would love to have spent the extra money for the 780.

i should have got the i7. I'm doing allot more cad work, cfd, and rendering now than i ever thought i would.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

~ going with a 965 over a 2500k

~ going with a 250GB HDD to save money because I thought I wouldn't need a 1TB HDD

~ not buying a HD6870 and going with a 560 and ended up missing out on a few thousand dollars worth of dogecoins

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

If i had waited longer before buying 2 970s, not only they stutter from time to time, they also dont have the ROPs that i thought they had because of Nvidia's internal "misscomunication"

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

I wish I had went for a motherboard that supported dual x8 pcie slots. Could have crossfired my r9 290.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I wish i went with a less flashy case but i do love all the features of my case and the build quality is decent.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

my cooler master cosmos fits that description.

Mine was a Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, it's super gaudy and heavy as fuck.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

get a smaller case, the Air 540 is great, but not great for a college dorm room

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 XX Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty H97 Killer XX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory XX GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II XX Case: Phanteks Evolve ATX XX Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB SSD ; Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD; Western Digital Caviar Blue 3TB HDD XX PSU: Thermaltake SMART 550W 80+ Bronze 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to say the GTX 970 is the best value card as of right now IMO. Maybe you can sell it, then use the money to get a 970? It's a really nice card.

Apart from the fact that the 390 performs better, especially at higher resolutions for the same price.

Gotten a fucking intel processor

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง