Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE
7 hours ago, xXFitzXx said:

Hey guys! This weekend i just shot my first revolver. I also shot a .22 cal smith and wesson, that looks almost identical to an ar15. It was really fun, we shot at paint cans. 

Gateway drug - the first gun I ever shot was a .38 special snub nose revolver. 

6 years and £££££ later..... 

What kinds of flashlights do you recommend for EDC?

I was looking at some a month or 2 ago but didn't order anything. idk what's garbage or not & wanted something firearms tough. Not a gun mounted one, but a handheld so I don't need to whip out a gun every time it's dark.

Any top brands or something you recommend? Any companies that have done no wrong in every product they released?

I was looking for something small with a clip maybe under $50 but if that's not viable, then I'll look at more premium options if needed. Just want to put it in my phone pocket.

Only requirement is a button on the back & to be a toggle on/off. (Guy I take military/firearms training from says it's the way to go & showed me methods to use it.)

3 hours ago, fpo said:

Only requirement is a button on the back & to be a toggle on/off. (Guy I take military/firearms training from says it's the way to go & showed me methods to use it.)

Honestly, strobe function works great for disorienting opponents.  I still haven't picked up a good one myself that has it, but I'm looking.  I presently have one that doubles as a taser, but that portion of it has stopped working, unfortunately (it was a cheap one anyway).

Kar98k is imo, the best marksman rifle to ever exist. The best pistol, imo, is the 1911. And the best ar, imo, is the M4/AR15 when chambered in 9mm. Oh and best sniper is obviously the WA2000!

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

11 hours ago, fpo said:

I was looking at some a month or 2 ago but didn't order anything. idk what's garbage or not & wanted something firearms tough. Not a gun mounted one, but a handheld so I don't need to whip out a gun every time it's dark.

Any top brands or something you recommend? Any companies that have done no wrong in every product they released?

I was looking for something small with a clip maybe under $50 but if that's not viable, then I'll look at more premium options if needed. Just want to put it in my phone pocket.

For $50 you're not going to get into the really serious brands, it's going to be Chinese made and these brands arent going to be 100% sell no shit kind of groups, But if $50 is what you have, I'd probably recommend the Nitecore P12, for $48 on amazon. Then pick up a few keep-power 18650 rechargable batteries for it and you'll be set.

https://www.amazon.com/NITECORE-Version-Tactical-Flashlight-Waterproof/dp/B00GZYNX8G/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw_sn8BRBrEiwAnUGJDrCwRvVSSUPkBoP_EupsG7HwnQRLtlJuuH1Gjwg71CMqa4nsSSu4xRoC50MQAvD_BwE&hvadid=409936128150&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9020758&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=66697604100014341&hvtargid=kwd-59388509316&hydadcr=19102_11276208&keywords=nitecore+p12&qid=1603457407&sr=8-5&tag=googhydr-20

If you're willing to spend a little more money there is the Streamlight HL-X which is a pretty good light at about $100:

https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-88085-ProTac-battery-holster/dp/B079DDC5C6/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2Z5VQUYEXZXUX&dchild=1&keywords=streamlight+hlx+1000&qid=1603457818&sprefix=streamlight+hlx%2Caps%2C196&sr=8-5

If you spend a little more yet you can start getting into the US produced and IMHO much more durable lights like SureFire. The EDCL-1T is a good option at about $150

https://www.amazon.com/SureFire-Handheld-Flashlight-Everyday-Lightjunction/dp/B07BHV8GRS/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=238LEQ35EZT9T&dchild=1&keywords=surefire+edcl1-t&qid=1603457842&sprefix=Surefire+edc%2Caps%2C198&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExMERWMFlaREhaSkg1JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzA5MjMxMzROSFVBU042QUpYTiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNzY0ODU2VEVNMVJQMEtCNURNJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Or if you're cool with a slightly larger light the Surefire EDCL-2T or Surefire E2T-MV Tactician:

https://www.amazon.com/SureFire-Handheld-Everyday-Flashlight-Surefire/dp/B07BHTST5K/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=surefire+edcl2-t&qid=1603457883&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUE1WldZTzBLMllQMTImZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA1MTMzNTUyM0xXQTZHVVpGMVA0JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA0OTk2ODQxOExLWjhMVkZHR0gxJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

https://www.amazon.com/SureFire-Tactician-Dual-Output-Flashlight-Lightjunction/dp/B07BTH2WVL/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=surefire+edcl2-t&qid=1603457944&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyVDZUTkNEUklUWFBQJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjM0MzM4M1VNTDlVUFJMRzlZMiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTQ4MzQ5MURSM0NNWENTT0pRQyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Then up from there, we start talking about some real money and really serious lights like Modlite Handhelds for $300+ available in both 18650 and 18350 batteries. 

https://www.bigtexoutdoors.com/product/modlite-plh-v2-18650-handheld-light-package-54000-candela/

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

12 hours ago, fpo said:

$50 won't get you much. 

I have an armytek predator - good light for the money. The 7 day low wattage output mode is very useful when camping. 

https://www.armytek.com/flashlights/models/predator/armytek-predator-pro/

@Real_PhillBert @LordVetinari

Im okay with spending more, i just guessed something decent could exist in $50~. 

Are there any flashlights where it’s a toggle back button to be on/off? the surefire is momentary or twist constant on. 

I also don’t want different modes. On or off. Do they make things like that or is everything 1001 functions nowadays? 

Thank you for your variety of suggestions! They all look superb. I’m mostly looking for something less complex. 

6 minutes ago, fpo said:

Im okay with spending more, i just guessed something decent could exist in $50~. 

Are there any flashlights where it’s a toggle back button to be on/off? the surefire is momentary or twist constant on. 

I also don’t want different modes. On or off. Do they make things like that or is everything 1001 functions nowadays? 

Thank you for your variety of suggestions! They all look superb. I’m mostly looking for something less complex. 

Sounds to me what you really want is a Surefire E2D Defender Ultra single mode. Most of the chinese lights seem to have a ton of different modes, which I agree with you, is dumb. The only reason I didnt recommend the E2D before is because it has a pretty stupid pointed lens cover which does little more than tear up pants, but otherwise it's a great light. Single mode (1000 lumen) with a clicky tailcap.

https://www.amazon.com/SureFire-Flashlight-Defender-Tactical-E2DLU-T/dp/B07J2BWN53/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2ODJTGZM1YG3F&dchild=1&keywords=surefire+e2d+defender+ultra+single&qid=1603460819&sprefix=plantronic%2Caps%2C180&sr=8-2

E2DLU-A-isoL__33068.1562963765.1280.1280

It runs on CR123s but you can also run them on 16650 cells (not 18650, 16650 only) if you want a single  rechargable option. I do wish Surefire made an 18650 version, but unfortunately, they do not. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

14 hours ago, fpo said:

I have a cheap Nebo Inspector RC ($30 msrp, penlight size rechargeable) for around the house and going out on the motorcycle.  Friend gave it to me and I had seriously dismissed it but it has been working good for me now for almost 8 months and has never given me trouble. 

https://www.nebotools.com/p/INSPECTOR-RC/632

For a more serious flashlight I have a S&W brand (sw1006str) tactical light that runs off a pair of the cr123 batteries.  Not the brightest compared to some of the more modern lights at only 165 lumen on high but I have had mine for 7-8 years now and is still working well.  Has the tailcap on/off button, light press for momentary, hard press for constant on.  It does the high/low strobe thing like modern lights but the strobe is a separate button on the side of the light so you aren't going to have to cycle past it when using the tailcap button to turn the light on.  The tailcap only does the high/low function.  They don't make this model anymore but the closest looking on their website is the M&P12 tactical ($62 msrp).  Not sure I would get it though just because as much as the shape looks the same as what I have I can't see in any of the pictures that it has the separate strobe button so I gotta assume they have it incorporated into the tailcap button like most others these days.

https://store.smith-wesson.com/tactical/flashlights/tactical-lights/mp-12-tactical/110215.html#start=1

3 hours ago, fpo said:

The predator is  back button on/off with a light press for momentary on. 

I use it for a work light as well, it's a tough little bugger. Been dropped more times than it should and barely scratched.

11 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Sounds to me what you really want is a Surefire E2D Defender Ultra single mode. Most of the chinese lights seem to have a ton of different modes, which I agree with you, is dumb. The only reason I didnt recommend the E2D before is because it has a pretty stupid pointed lens cover which does little more than tear up pants, but otherwise it's a great light. Single mode (1000 lumen) with a clicky tailcap.

Oof... expensive, but if that's what it costs... Buy once, cry once.

Batteries aren't that bad. I pay for gas in the car, I can afford some $3 batteries every month. haha.

It does look annoying that they made it a barbarian's spiked club. How do you find lights that only on or off?

Any time I am looking, it's mostly like hiding that it has 2 or more modes or just outright says "HAS ALL THESE COOL MODES! WOWZA."

@fpo i think yuor lying. i wil not take ur posts seriously

Don't ask to ask. 
Thanks!

Once this cold front passes might go just shoot 3 - 4 boxes out of 13 of this last reasonably priced 9mm I got even though I should probably  save it lol. so far only three range trips with this firearm

On 10/23/2020 at 8:54 PM, fpo said:

It does look annoying that they made it a barbarian's spiked club. How do you find lights that only on or off?

Any time I am looking, it's mostly like hiding that it has 2 or more modes or just outright says "HAS ALL THESE COOL MODES! WOWZA."

I've been kinda into flashlights for a few years now, and have a fair collection spanning most major manufacturers. After a while, you kind of get to know who's going to make what and how it's going to work. Most of my handheld lights are Surefire and have even ordered just the tailcaps from them before when I thought I wanted momentary only on my P2X Fury, but after a bit of use decided against it.

Personally I hate all multimode lights, they're never in the mode you want and in general are made by people who think having 19 light modes is more important than a good light.

6 hours ago, Nine Tailed Fox said:

Once this cold front passes might go just shoot 3 - 4 boxes out of 13 of this last reasonably priced 9mm I got even though I should probably  save it lol. so far only three range trips with this firearm

I also have severely cut back on my shooting. In 2019 I shot about 7k rounds of 9mm, and I'm still well under 1k in 2020. Sucks.

2 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I've been kinda into flashlights for a few years now, and have a fair collection spanning most major manufacturers. After a while, you kind of get to know who's going to make what and how it's going to work. Most of my handheld lights are Surefire and have even ordered just the tailcaps from them before when I thought I wanted momentary only on my P2X Fury, but after a bit of use decided against it.

Personally I hate all multimode lights, they're never in the mode you want and in general are made by people who think having 19 light modes is more important than a good light.

What’s your EDC choice? 

1 minute ago, fpo said:

What’s your EDC choice? 

Currently my EDC light is a FourSevens Quark (16650, 800 Lumen, single mode), it's an ok light, but I really like the size. The Surefire defender Ultra is probably the closest thing SureFire offers but quite a bit larger. Sadly FourSevens is no longer around, so if/when it dies I'll have to go elsewhere.

I've been looking hard at Modlite Handhelds, specifically the 18350 version to replace it, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I have two modlite rifle lights and LOVE them, even more than the Surefire M600DF. Modlite is also going to launch a pistol light, the PL350, with the 18350 battery and the same heads as the rifle lights, so once those drop I'll pick one up basically immediately as it's supposed to mirror the profile of the Surefire X300U, and will fit holsters designed for them. 

20 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Currently my EDC light is a FourSevens Quark (16650, 800 Lumen, single mode), it's an ok light, but I really like the size. The Surefire defender Ultra is probably the closest thing SureFire offers but quite a bit larger. Sadly FourSevens is no longer around, so if/when it dies I'll have to go elsewhere.

I've been looking hard at Modlite Handhelds, specifically the 18350 version to replace it, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I have two modlite rifle lights and LOVE them, even more than the Surefire M600DF. Modlite is also going to launch a pistol light, the PL350, with the 18350 battery and the same heads as the rifle lights, so once those drop I'll pick one up basically immediately as it's supposed to mirror the profile of the Surefire X300U, and will fit holsters designed for them. 

This? 

Spoiler

BC1BF51D-B604-4760-92A7-FFCB435C168F.png.402e740544036a9f6f52192c2335eef4.png

3 minutes ago, fpo said:

This? 

Hide contents

BC1BF51D-B604-4760-92A7-FFCB435C168F.png.402e740544036a9f6f52192c2335eef4.png

Basically yes. Foursevens was bought a few years ago by Prometheus lights.

Any recommended EDC pistols other than a glock? I want to see whats out there and get it when I am legally allowed. :)

Don't ask to ask. 
Thanks!

5 minutes ago, xXFitzXx said:

Any recommended EDC pistols other than a glock? I want to see whats out there and get it when I am legally allowed. :)

I carry a M&P Shield or a SP101 depending on what I'm feeling that day.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

2 minutes ago, xXFitzXx said:

Any good cars other than Chevys? 

Haha but seriously, there are so many good options right now it's easier to list the shit ones. Most every major manufacturer makes at least one great pistol. 

3 hours ago, xXFitzXx said:

I bought a Walther PPS M2. (Didn’t get yet cuz of laws and CCW process. I’m going to have it mailed to another country.)

Its like the PPQ but skinny. 

Another cool one is the Sig p365. It does have a design flaw. Something breaks. Idk the part. 

Glock is good tho. Definitely a fun gun. 

Edit:

i recommend anything without a safety. Get a holster that covers the trigger. I did a shooting class using an M9 & doing malfunction drills, I engaged the safety soooo many times racking it to clear. 

I've personally been happy with my H&K P2000, even though I don't carry it very often.  I typically carry my Ruger instead, because it's smaller (single stack) and easier to conceal while at work.  If I could conceal the P2000 easier, I'd much rather carry it every day.

4 hours ago, fpo said:

I bought a Walther PPS M2. (Didn’t get yet cuz of laws and CCW process. I’m going to have it mailed to another country.)

Its like the PPQ but skinny. 

Another cool one is the Sig p365. It does have a design flaw. Something breaks. Idk the part. 

Glock is good tho. Definitely a fun gun. 

Edit:

i recommend anything without a safety. Get a holster that covers the trigger. I did a shooting class using an M9 & doing malfunction drills, I engaged the safety soooo many times racking it to clear. 

What would be illegal about the Walther PPS M2? At least in the US where I live? BTW doesn't Taurus version of 92 have the Decocker/Safety where it suppose to be, the Frame?