Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jack.EXE

Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

24 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

According to a FB post it's going to be compatible with X300U holsters, use the 18350 rechargable battery, and use the same heads as the rifle lights, so 1,500 lumens at 54,000 candela with the PLHv2 head, or 780 lumens at 79,000 candela with the OKW head.

well well well... I'll be keeping my eye on this then.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

4 minutes ago, Velcade said:

well well well... I'll be keeping my eye on this then.

I'm pretty excited, but I'm also a bit of a light snob/geek. 

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID0 + 2 x 8TB WD Red's in RAID1 

14 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I'm pretty excited, but I'm also a bit of a light snob/geek. 

Did you see the company axeon makes one that screws into the magazine tube of pump shotguns? 

Don’t take any of my posts seriously. 

LTT Fan Fiction:

PC game list: 

Cool video:

Glad to see the AK is just clarified as “durable.” Almost nothing much else to say. 

Yeah, the AK can jam from dirt in the giant receiver hole but if you keep it clean, it’ll last! 

Glock VS 1911 was interesting to see as well. Especially the $500~ 1911s being regarded well by them. 

LTT Fan Fiction:

PC game list: 

17 minutes ago, fpo said:

Cool video:

Glad to see the AK is just clarified as “durable.” Almost nothing much else to say. 

Yeah, the AK can jam from dirt in the giant receiver hole but if you keep it clean, it’ll last! 

Glock VS 1911 was interesting to see as well. Especially the $500~ 1911s being regarded well by them. 

If you're interested, Ron from Battlefield Vegas has a couple threads at ar15.com where he talks about different firearms reliability and durability in pretty deep detail. I know in the thread he said they go through more than 100,000 rounds per month! They have many firearms with greater than 100k rounds on an individual receiver. 

Rifles:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/High-round-count-AR-M4-s-over-100-000-rounds-and-how-they-have-handled-on-our-range/118-677135/?page=1

Pistols:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/High-round-count-pistols-100-000-observations/4-160140/

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID0 + 2 x 8TB WD Red's in RAID1 

50 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

If you're interested, Ron from Battlefield Vegas has a couple threads at ar15.com

That’s awesome! 

Ill definitely check that out. Thanks!

I love hearing about that information. I fix airsoft guns in my day job so I’ve become interested in how long things last & repairing things. 

LTT Fan Fiction:

PC game list: 

Just did a pixel art M13 from modern warfare. (IRL It is a SIg Sauer MCX Virtus)

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 9.34.42 PM.png

My (SOON TO BE) pc. Will build hopefully around christmas of 2020. 👉👌 pcpartpicker.com/list/rsF3x6

When possible, I want to go hunt on some large acreage for elk, so I decided to start getting prepared for that. Just the rifle at the moment, I still need optics and loading components.

Mauser.JPG

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 2700X 50th Anniversary

Corsair Vengence LPX 3200mhz 16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

PNY GTX 1060 6GB

ADATA SU800 1TB

EVGA G3 750W

RAIDMAX Monster II

beQuiet PureWings 3 140mm x5

I wish I could legally buy a firearm.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

1 hour ago, Fatih19 said:

I wish I could legally buy a firearm.

If you're in indeonesia, as your profile states, check out airsoft. The gas blowback guns are pretty cool.

KWA makes reliable gas ones.

Tippmann's "HPA" model makes the highest recoil airsoft I've tried.

You can also get electric ones but nothing really happens with most of them. I hear the sport is popular in your speculated country.

LTT Fan Fiction:

PC game list: 

15 minutes ago, fpo said:

If you're in indeonesia, as your profile states, check out airsoft. The gas blowback guns are pretty cool.

KWA makes reliable gas ones.

Tippmann's "HPA" model makes the highest recoil airsoft I've tried.

You can also get electric ones but nothing really happens with most of them. I hear the sport is popular in your speculated country.

Thanks for the info!

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

Not that people are seeking it but... Even more information on non-lethal.

I finally took a shot from the 43 caliber T4E CO2 powered pistol with rubber balls.

You hear em. They don't hurt at first, but 2 or 3 when not expecting it can take someone back I'd think.

If you really want to stop someone, they make PVC hard plastic 68 caliber balls called "Riot Balls." Take about 100~200 and fill up a hopper for an electronic paintball gun & no one will mess with you. Some markers can crank up the velocity to shoot normal paintballs at over 300 feet per second.

For non-firearm look alike, pepper spray & Bear mace are wicked. I saw a youtube channel called active self protection where a computer repair place used one on an aggressive individual & it stopped his intentions really quick. I saw another video of someone that lost a bet and had to get pepper sprayed by something Rothco distributes which has intense pepper spray, tear gas & UV dye, & he was suffering for a very long time.

Bear spray can be $50~100 USD. Pepper spray can be $10~30 USD based on some local stores that have products past or present.

Pepper balls are a waste of time. They're great for movies & scaring those who don't know. It's the fear of what they're supposed to do than what they can do imo. Getting hit with a paintball without ever being hit by one could be scary & feel as if it hurts more. That or there's some magic potion in the police/military formulas.

I won't give up my firearms for these though. Just extra information that can be useful.

PS cool tactic a militaryman gave me...

If you have a flashlight in your hand & a pistol in the other, Hold the flashlight way up & out to the side. People shoot at lights. They aren't likely to hit you if they're not aiming at your true location. Fun strat I thought I'd share.

LTT Fan Fiction:

PC game list: 

Does anyone know of a scope with a canted red dot for under 50ish dollars?

My (SOON TO BE) pc. Will build hopefully around christmas of 2020. 👉👌 pcpartpicker.com/list/rsF3x6

14 hours ago, xXFitzXx said:

Does anyone know of a scope with a canted red dot for under 50ish dollars?

Either one of those individually would be trash if it only costs $50.  Putting them in the same package for that amount would make them double-trash.  

Unless you're talking airsoft, in which case no: I'm not aware of any scopes that include a canted red dot sight.  I'm not sure the form factor would even work: canted sights usually are mounted to the barrel itself; having a canted sight mounted to a scope would force a very weird grip and would make the sights very hard to zero accurately (and would make them wildly inaccurate outside of their zero'ed distance)

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger                        Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1                       Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G                 Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO                     Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo              MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200              16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2                    WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              MSI RTX 2080 Super            MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80Plus Gold        EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD PSU

2 hours ago, Rybo said:

Either one of those individually would be trash if it only costs $50.  Putting them in the same package for that amount would make them double-trash.  

Unless you're talking airsoft, in which case no: I'm not aware of any scopes that include a canted red dot sight.  I'm not sure the form factor would even work: canted sights usually are mounted to the barrel itself; having a canted sight mounted to a scope would force a very weird grip and would make the sights very hard to zero accurately (and would make them wildly inaccurate outside of their zero'ed distance)

As LVPOs are becoming more popular, the canted dot is also becoming more of a thing. There are several good mounts out there for putting an RMR/ACRO/DPP etc on the receiver behind or in front of the LVPO mount. However most (probably all) of the mounts worth using are going to be greater than $50 for just the mount.

Here's an Arisaka example, $135:

ari-4_large.jpg?v=1597866622

ari-5_large.jpg?v=1597866622

I even saw someone (Scalarworks maybe?) has a 30mm mount that has a built in offset mount, but that was $300+

39 minutes ago, Morris_lee_9116 said:

Man I want to hold a set of FAL and M1911 once in my life

how easy is that to do in Taiwan? I've never looked into the laws there.

Anyone here have experience with M10X's? I'm strongly considering getting one around tax return time, either that or a WS-MCR.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: CM ML240R  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

Posted (edited)
On 9/29/2020 at 7:51 PM, Real_PhillBert said:

how easy is that to do in Taiwan? I've never looked into the laws there.

I don't think it's possible here, either one day in the future when I'm on vacation to US or I will experience it in Virtual Reality (H3VR)

Edited by Morris_lee_9116
forgot to input the place

Got a little titanium goodness in last night!

SLR Rifleworks titanium adjustable gas block:

20201005-175223-1.jpg

Also got in a .120 carbide drill bit and a 2/0 taper pin reamer to pin the gas block for extra security. The barrel has been on order for a bit over two months now, so hopefully that shows up soon. Once the barrel comes in, I'll get a measurement for the handguard, I want the handguard to be as close to the suppressor as possible without actually contacting. 

It's been a long road of collecting parts, but this SBR is getting very very close to a functional rifle. 

So dumb question, life has gotten in the way and I have not had time to look into this, but are all scope calibration/adjustments done the same way, or is it per scope maker?

The one I have on my rifle was sighted/adjusted for about 100 yards, but the sighting range near me only goes out to 50, so it's off a tad, I can manually compensate for this, but having the scope sighted right would be a plus.

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

43 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

So dumb question, life has gotten in the way and I have not had time to look into this, but are all scope calibration/adjustments done the same way, or is it per scope maker?

The one I have on my rifle was sighted/adjusted for about 100 yards, but the sighting range near me only goes out to 50, so it's off a tad, I can manually compensate for this, but having the scope sighted right would be a plus.

Everything is different.  Generally they'll have two knobs -- one for height (up and down) and one for windage (left and right).  And generally the knobs will click as you spin them, and one click will generally equal some fraction of a minute of angle adjustment.  Beyond that, though, you'll definitely need to look up the specs for your scope/sight to see which direction to spin the knobs and what increment a click represents. 

And also there are the ballistic characteristics of the bullets you use and the gun you fire them out of.  Once you memorize the tables, it'll be much easier to adjust when you're not at the range your rifle is sighted to.  

#Muricaparrotgang

Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1                       Fractal Design Meshify C
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80Plus Gold        EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD PSU

13 minutes ago, Rybo said:

specs for your scope

While we are on the subject...how does one buy a scope? In other words, do you buy the biggest one you can, or do you get it based on what the round can do? This is the 1st rifle I've had with anything other than iron sights, and I feel the scope is...perhaps not all it could be.

The round is a 7,62x54r out of a ww2 Mosin

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

While we are on the subject...how does one buy a scope? In other words, do you buy the biggest one you can, or do you get it based on what the round can do? This is the 1st rifle I've had with anything other than iron sights, and I feel the scope is...perhaps not all it could be.

The round is a 7,62x54r out of a ww2 Mosin

You buy the scope based on your use case.  If you're mostly going to be shooting at 50 yards, iron sights are honestly fine.  But fine isn't good enough :) For your purposes, you *might* like a 1-4x variable power scope -- which means you'll be able to look through it with anywhere between 1x to 4x magnification.  

I unfortunately don't use scopes myself, so I don't know the specific tables of what scopes are best at what ranges, but 1-4x seems to be a good middle ground for people who shoot near range, but want the ability to zoom in for precise shots from time to time.  

As far as what features you look for in a scope...hard to say.  The only really important thing is not being knocked out of zero by being fired, and there's no real spec for that...it's mostly "the more you spend, the more you get."  The next thing is durability.  You don't want to drop the thing on the ground and have the scope outright break on you.  Another feature where some sights differ is the precision of their adjustments.  Some are 1/2 MOA per click, others are 1/4.  Honestly, this doesn't matter to me.  I'm not looking to keyhole things at 50 yards, so 1/2 MOA at that distance is good enough.  

There's also one thing to consider: whether you'll be looking through the sight for long periods of time.  If you will, then you want to consider getting one with no magnification: 1x only.  Even if you get the 1-4x mentioned above, the 1x will be going through lenses and putting additional strain on your eyes.  I don't believe it's a strong effect, though, so I wouldn't be *terribly* worried about it, but it's something to be aware of.  

#Muricaparrotgang