Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE
18 minutes ago, fpo said:

Yep, that's the stuff.  I've been meaning to look up some reviews of it, just haven't had time.  I'll take a look at the link later, right now I need to get back to work.  Thanks.

37 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Yep, that's the stuff.  I've been meaning to look up some reviews of it, just haven't had time.  I'll take a look at the link later, right now I need to get back to work.  Thanks.

I just googled it for myself. I thought you bought that stupid plastic bullet shell stuff that was “going to make war environmentally friendly.” Haha

4 hours ago, Jito463 said:

Frangible ammunition can be very picky with what it feeds. My Shield 9 doesn't like it, the shape of the projectile doesn't play well with the fairly steep feed ramp in her. She tends to hang at least once every mag, particularly on the first round in a 8-stack. My 1911 on the other hand doesn't have issues with it.

I don't see a practical use for it outside of 10yds @steel, but it's great for that purpose, if you don't have issues. Very little spalling and fragmentation kickback.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

15 hours ago, fpo said:

An hour long video explaining why the M16 got a bad reputation 

Whats unique is this guy actually cited his sources towards the beginning of the video. 

Didn't InRangeTV do a video on that too?

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Are you an M4/AR guy or an AK guy? Why are you one but not the other? I personally, am an M4/Ar guy. I find these to be much more customisable, and they are easy to modify. 

Question 2: What is your favorite handgun? I like glocks.

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

hello

Don't ask to ask. 
Thanks!

1 hour ago, xXFitzXx said:

Are you an M4/AR guy or an AK guy? Why are you one but not the other? I personally, am an M4/Ar guy. I find these to be much more customisable, and they are easy to modify. 

ARs and AKs both have their own uses, so I don't absolutely go for one or the other. ARs having ease of customization is nice, however.

For question 2, of the handguns I own it would easily be my S&W Model 629.

A girl who loves to love.

4 hours ago, xXFitzXx said:

I guess I would be more of an AR guy given that I own several ARs and do not own an AK. I have nothing against AKs but the parts availability for ARs absolutely demolishes the AK. 

As for handguns, I shoot my Glocks the most but that's because I compete with them. I'm also a big fan of the HK VP9 and Sig 226 line. Lately I've been drooling over an STI Staccato P though...

image694372-b46a87d677edb3727563d5a3dfa4

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

17 hours ago, Semper said:

I don't see a practical use for it outside of 10yds @steel, but it's great for that purpose,

Well, I was consider that it would be a viable alternative (not replacement) for hollow point, in that it would stop at my target instead of continuing on through.

11 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

Didn't InRangeTV do a video on that too?

I think they talked about it a little once. I think this video was cool to watch to get an in depth look.

8 hours ago, xXFitzXx said:

hello

Hi

9 hours ago, xXFitzXx said:

AK. I think they're more fun to shoot cuz you can feel the parts moving & all.
I think M4s are cool, but I need more experience with them. After shooting the AK 47, it feels like I'm handling an airsoft gun when I shoot an AR.

9 hours ago, xXFitzXx said:

The Glock 19 is very cool. I also like the Ruger MK series of target pistols. Very heavy & very smooth. Feels like pure quality.

I dislike the shield because I can't get a good grip on it cuz it's skinny. I really want to shoot a PPQ. I held airsoft and real ones & they are so comfortable...

IMG_3179.thumb.JPG.600b293ed9258cb41502b9cf502c7beb.JPG

IDK where to post this.

well this my modified bigshock.

mods I have on it

1. 10 KG spring
  2. Worker mega to elite adapter ( now shoots normal darts)
  3. 3d printed, grip, muzzle device, and charm
  4. painted it ( forgot to put a clear coat but I like it without the clear coat)

the holster I found on thingiverse and I dreamaled out the muzzle hole to make it bigger.

I know this isn't the best place to post this but i'm sry if I get you mad

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

6 hours ago, Jito463 said:

Well, I was consider that it would be a viable alternative (not replacement) for hollow point, in that it would stop at my target instead of continuing on through.

It wouldn't be my round of choice for home defense, but it's not wholly unviable, some do EDC it.

Reasons that I've decided against it:
It's a very lightweight projectile, which is relatively unpredictable in what it does once it impacts your target because of the nature of what it's designed to do, disintegrate. It'll also be carrying less energy on impact with your target as a result. Heavier clothing has the potential to drastically change the terminal effect of the fragmentation. If you're considering a home invasion scenario, were you needing to shoot through some object (say, a couch, drywall, doorway, etc), you're not likely to get any meaningful penetration through a solid barrier.

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

I was cleaning my gun today & I have eezox (not spray) and it smells a lot like brake cleaner.

An FFL I know recommends motor oil in favour of gun oil for price & it;s good enough (operates well on hot engine parts for extended periods of time) so I was wondering if there a carbon cleaning solution people use that doesn't have the "made for firearms" "tax."

Mostly looking at bulk for buck. A lot of gun stuff is like 5 dollars but for a tiny bottle.

13 minutes ago, fpo said:

I was cleaning my gun today & I have eezox (not spray) and it smells a lot like brake cleaner.

An FFL I know recommends motor oil in favour of gun oil for price & it;s good enough (operates well on hot engine parts for extended periods of time) so I was wondering if there a carbon cleaning solution people use that doesn't have the "made for firearms" "tax."

Mostly looking at bulk for buck. A lot of gun stuff is like 5 dollars but for a tiny bottle.

Honestly I use so little of the stuff to clean my gear that I still have the bottle I bought 2 years ago.  And I also use it to clean my sword collection.  So yes, you can technically save money by not paying the "gun tax", but cleaning solution is far from the first place I'd look for savings.  

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger				Biggerer				Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G			Ryzen 5 3600				Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO				Custom 280mm loop			Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo			MSI x570 mobo				MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2				WD 500gb m.2				WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              GTX 1070				GTX 1070 FE				MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

4 minutes ago, Rybo said:

Honestly I use so little of the stuff to clean my gear that I still have the bottle I bought 2 years ago.  And I also use it to clean my sword collection.  So yes, you can technically save money by not paying the "gun tax", but cleaning solution is far from the first place I'd look for savings.  

Yeah, it’s not a huge deal, but just some curiosity I ave. 

i already learned the paper patches are too expensive & I just use paper towels. 

The squares go through too quickly. 

59 minutes ago, fpo said:

Honestly, simplicity is my choice; Ballistol. I've had a gallon can of the stuff for somewhere near a decade now (more, likely) slightly less than half of it left, amounts to about $4/year for my volume of use - $80/gallon (current price), expect it to last me ~20 years) Cleans up nicely, lubricates well enough (as with all CLP products (in my opinion), It's not going to make the best lubricant) for storage. If I have particularly heavy cleaning needs doing, Pro Shot Copper Solvent is where I look. It's not often that I need to pull it out though, so i've had this stuff sitting around for a number of years as well.

The only thing I don't use Ballistol on is one of my 91/30's, she's got a particularly rough cocking cam surface that I've been too lazy to clean up, I use Super Lube on her, relatively inexpensive and is used for more than just my firearms. Never had a problem with it

Are you an M4/AR guy or an AK guy?

Don't ask to ask. 
Thanks!

1 hour ago, xXFitzXx said:

Are you an M4/AR guy or an AK guy?

AK depends on the manufacturer. Izhmash (Saiga) made excellent AK-pattern rifles but they're not imported anymore that I know of. I know someone with one converted to "military" grip configuration that will do sub-2 MOA with cheap ammo all day, it's really nice. The various Romanian and Yugo stuff can be spotty depending on who assembles it in the US.

I do prefer AR stuff though, my current one I built on a decent matched receiver set and it is quite nice. There is a lot more opportunity to fine-tune an AR, plus you can swap upper completely including for a caliber switch. I've considered building a .350 Legend upper as of late, but that would be in addition to the .223/5.56 one I already have. From what I've seen a cheap AR is almost always more accurate than a cheap AK, sometimes even more reliable as well.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

13 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

AK depends on the manufacturer. Izhmash (Saiga) made excellent AK-pattern rifles but they're not imported anymore that I know of. I know someone with one converted to "military" grip configuration that will do sub-2 MOA with cheap ammo all day, it's really nice. The various Romanian and Yugo stuff can be spotty depending on who assembles it in the US.

I do prefer AR stuff though, my current one I built on a decent matched receiver set and it is quite nice. There is a lot more opportunity to fine-tune an AR, plus you can swap upper completely including for a caliber switch. I've considered building a .350 Legend upper as of late, but that would be in addition to the .223/5.56 one I already have. From what I've seen a cheap AR is almost always more accurate than a cheap AK, sometimes even more reliable as well.

If you're in the US, the Russian import ban doesn't allow for them to be imported any longer. There's a long list of us who are hoping that it's lifted some time soon.
The Romanian, Yugo and Bulgarian AK's generally are rock solid if the parts kits are assembled by someone competent (I.E. not CAI)

Zastava is importing (Zastava USA? it's not entirely clear to me) a line of rifles tailored for the U.S. market right now, their ZPAP series, that are a whole lot of gun for what you pay for them. The issue with the AK platform is less with cost, and more with competence of manufacturing. Consider just about anything that comes out of CAI to be on the level of someone like Anderson Manufacturing, might work, might not, is probably within some spec of some kind that's vaguely close enough, might fail spectacularly. Brandon Herrera (AKG - The AK Guy) has done some deep diving on the subject in a number of his videos.

50 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

AK depends on the manufacturer. Izhmash (Saiga)

I think “Mishaco” (a blind gun dealer) said that Arsenal is a US company that imports parts from Saiga & assembles them in the US to make it legal. 

I have a Romanian... replica? Romania made an AKM (stamped sheet metal AK47) for their military in the Cold War. The same factory makes the guns to the same spec today as the WASR 10. First time I shot it, it did very well even with my inexperienced shooting technique. I need to spend more time with WOLF & realign my sights. I banged it & i think it’s out of alignment now. 

Several people say it’s an underrated rifle, I need more experience with it. 

“Honest outlaw” and the tool “local 47 74” say it can shoot sub 4 MOA & are extremely reliable. 

There are older models, so idk what exactly everyone has on YouTube. Mishaco has several video on AK imports. He has one on every imported AK ever, one on all Wasr, and so fourth. 

14 hours ago, fpo said:

Motor oil is make for motors, gun oil is made for guns. Just because something smells like break cleaner, doesn't mean it's brake cleaner. I don't know a single firearm that has an oil filter on it, the actual contents can be very different.

If it's an expensive/precision gun I wouldn't even use something marketed as "CLP" tbh. I'd recommend like MPRO-7.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

4 hours ago, Nine Tailed Fox said:

laying huge premium but worth it I guess since my first and most likely only firearm.

Good gun to be the only one. 

If you get any “stove pipes” hold the gun firmer. I got one or 2 of those when I shot my brother’s. 

53 minutes ago, Nine Tailed Fox said:

20200718_163739_copy_1600x900.thumb.jpg.a21a4b8e5c96099a8942b588fea48979.jpg

Range bag

Is it good quality & nice? 

I was a bit skeptical because of the visual style.