Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jack.EXE

Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

18 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

f1mxmeqz7iz31.jpg

Saw this on reddit. Holy shit that's retarded.

I'm glad I'll be firing on private land this weekend, family owned.

Both of my long guns probably make any Fudd rage.

A girl who loves to love.

18 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

*SNIP*

Saw this on reddit. Holy shit that's retarded.

Fudds gonna fudd. Lucky for me both of my local indoor and local outdoor host a ton of different shooting competitions from PRS to sporting clays to USPSA. 

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID 0 + 2 x 2TB WD Green's in RAID 1 

Because you can never be too safe, or something.

DB196370-6E24-4C0A-BA5A-8035A29885A4.thumb.jpeg.b5242d454de836642d684cb395312f32.jpeg

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

6 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

So the copper round will "compress" when fired out and this is nothing to worry about? I'd rather not get the bolt blown back into my skull

the correct word is OBTURATE. and to be perfectly honest, it will elongate, not compress.  the bullet diameter is .268 in 6.5 carcano, and the first hole they bore in the barrel is .262-ish. when they go to cut the rifling in the barrel, that groove size from wall to wall will be .268. because the rifling is smaller than the projectile diameter, something has to give. copper and lead will yeild much sooner than steel, so the projectile will obturate into the bore.

what you have to be concerned with is the actual cartridge specification. if it chambers hard, DO NOT SHOOT IT. the bolt should drop without use of excessive force (wrist pressure at most, or whatever you can muster using just your thumb). any more and you could have a head spacing issue which can cause excessive pressure and in most cases, a pierced primer sending hot gases rearward (safety glasses bro)

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

On 11/19/2019 at 12:05 PM, Radium_Angel said:

So the copper round will "compress" when fired out and this is nothing to worry about? I'd rather not get the bolt blown back into my skull

Don't worry.  If you die, I'll tell the overseer you were a total hero.

......I've been playing too much Fallout Shelter.

18 hours ago, knightslugger said:

what you have to be concerned with is the actual cartridge specification. if it chambers hard, DO NOT SHOOT IT. the bolt should drop without use of excessive force (wrist pressure at most, or whatever you can muster using just your thumb). any more and you could have a head spacing issue which can cause excessive pressure and in most cases, a pierced primer sending hot gases rearward (safety glasses bro)

As a test last night, and since I don't have any en-bloc stripper clips yet, I loaded a single round into the breech, and closed the bolt, with little pressure (much smoother than my Mosin)

Then unbolted it and pulled back. the ejector grasping the round and flipping it out without issue.

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

5 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

As a test last night, and since I don't have any en-bloc stripper clips yet, I loaded a single round into the breech, and closed the bolt, with little pressure (much smoother than my Mosin)

Then unbolted it and pulled back. the ejector grasping the round and flipping it out without issue.

sounds like a great fit. go shoot it.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

8 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

sounds like a great fit. go shoot it.

I look forward to this.

Any idea (and this is a long shot) since the sights are fixed, I'd like to slap a scope on it, nothing fancy, but the main concern is the mounting hardware...any ideas what I could use?

14 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I look forward to this.

Any idea (and this is a long shot) since the sights are fixed, I'd like to slap a scope on it, nothing fancy, but the main concern is the mounting hardware...any ideas what I could use?

well it's a side mount scope rail, but you're gonna have to give me a little more info on the manufacturer.

System specs:

30 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I look forward to this.

I have an 1891 Argentine Mauser that I bought a scout scope mount for. Scope selection is a lot less, but it involves one screw and one pin to remove the rear sight, so no permanent modification. I have a Burris 2.75x on there, just waiting for the time to sight it in.

Check this company out and see if they have one that fits your particular model:

http://www.scopemounts.com/index.html?main.html

29 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

well it's a side mount scope rail, but you're gonna have to give me a little more info on the manufacturer.

Sorry,

Italian 6.5 Carcano Cavalry Carbine

(ww2 era, they didn't change much, so I don't know exact manuf date)

I recently bought a Wasr AK47 in the baby killing style.

Spoiler

Picture from online. Not showing my real one for privacy.

image.png.04d945e53d4d6a2ca79a4b7344fc57ce.png

What accessories (aside from magazines) would one put on it? I have the side rail so I can put a sight on it. What muzzle threaded things would one put on there? What does the existing one do? I don't need to be all tacticool with magpul stuff but I'm just curious because I'm so excited I got an ak.

Oh & btw, I got a bayonet. My state only lets me have 10 bullets & I got the fixed mag so like... what else am I supposed to do if I run out of ammo? Bayonet baddies xD

Spoiler
Spoiler

Same deal. Picture online. I have the same model with the "barbed wire cutter" with the sheath.

PS don't google sheith. It's ... nothing to do with the knife holder...

image.png.2c678e2581f6a3fb65bbdcdb7fe56f1e.png

LTT Fan Fiction:

PC game list: 

6 minutes ago, fpo said:

I recently bought a Wasr AK47 in the baby killing style.

Reveal hidden contents

Picture from online. Not showing my real one for privacy.

image.png.04d945e53d4d6a2ca79a4b7344fc57ce.png

What accessories (aside from magazines) would one put on it? I have the side rail so I can put a sight on it. What muzzle threaded things would one put on there? What does the existing one do? I don't need to be all tacticool with magpul stuff but I'm just curious because I'm so excited I got an ak.

Oh & btw, I got a bayonet. My state only lets me have 10 bullets & I got the fixed mag so like... what else am I supposed to do if I run out of ammo? Bayonet baddies xD

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Same deal. Picture online. I have the same model with the "barbed wire cutter" with the sheath.

PS don't google sheith. It's ... nothing to do with the knife holder...

image.png.2c678e2581f6a3fb65bbdcdb7fe56f1e.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

System specs:

I filed a F1 to SBR one of my ADM lowers last night. It was my first time using the eFile system and it was way better than the paper form; super easy. 

I've seen lots of people getting efile F1s back in about a month or so, fingers crossed. 

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID 0 + 2 x 2TB WD Green's in RAID 1 

2 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I filed a F1 to SBR one of my ADM lowers last night. It was my first time using the eFile system and it was way better than the paper form; super easy. 

I've seen lots of people getting efile F1s back in about a month or so, fingers crossed. 

Good luck, hope it goes quickly for you! 

I got the lower back from engraving last night. I sent it to Tar Heel State Firearms in NC, took less than a week to make the round trip from ND to NC and back.

I had them do the engraving in the trigger area, so it's a bit tricky to get a good pic, but they did a very nice job.

Edited-Engraving.jpg

Aww yiss!

Submitted 15 Jan 2020

Prints recieved 21 Jan 2020

Approved 12 Feb 2020

Screenshot_20200212-092925_Email.jpg

On 9/13/2015 at 6:13 PM, TheAmazingCookieFromSquare said:

So AK with a sniper scope and bigger bullets is your version of a sniper?

What else can could you expect from a russian lol.Not that im saying it's a bad thing

I know I’m 4 years late, but that would be the dragunov 

-it’s scuff Gang btw, I hated the name and needed a change
Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx580 @1.45ghz mem=2100mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 @3800mhz

mobo: Asus b450f

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

So the other day I picked up a Mosin Nagant that had seen some better days (as an aside, I have one that is historically significant) and someone had put it into a synthetic monte carlo stock.

If you know anything about a MN, they kick pretty hard (IMO) and the SMC stock is, as near as I can tell, hollow. There seem to be two small holes in the buttplate that might be a spot for screws, but I am uncertain.

Anyone know? I'd like to remove the rubber plate and perhaps fill the stock with something to ease some of the recoil.

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

So the other day I picked up a Mosin Nagant that had seen some better days (as an aside, I have one that is historically significant) and someone had put it into a synthetic monte carlo stock.

If you know anything about a MN, they kick pretty hard (IMO) and the SMC stock is, as near as I can tell, hollow. There seem to be two small holes in the buttplate that might be a spot for screws, but I am uncertain.

Anyone know? I'd like to remove the rubber plate and perhaps fill the stock with something to ease some of the recoil.

I have no knowledge of that particular stock, but what I do know is that Mosins kick pretty good in the original wood one. What'd you pay for the one you just bought? I picked a haggard, forced-matched M44 for $89 back in 2006 or 2007, but sold it after I bought a numbers-matching 91/30 For $135 later in 2007. The last time I saw they were in the $299+ range for a decent one.

I've fired a stock mosin once before, went through a full clip or two.  Wood stock and all.   I didn't think the recoil was any worse than my .308 Savage bolt action.

Though they have one of them Chinese Type 53's at the local gun store, with bayonet and all.  I kinda wanna get it.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.  Here's what I got so far.  

Keep in mind I'm still grabbing multiplatform games on PC, unless they happen to be cheaper on PS4 or Switch (such as RDR2 as of right now)

Currently Playing:  

• Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Switch
  • Super Mario Maker 2 - Switch

Games Beaten:

• God of War - PS4
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Switch

(will be reset at the beginning of each month)

Put on hold:

• Splatoon 2 - Switch

How many games I'm needing:

• DS: 82
  • Wii: 38
  • 360/PS3: 84
  • 3DS: 60
  • Wii U: 6
  • PS Vita: 34
  • PS4: 20
  • Switch: 16

Mosins aren't to terrible unless you load something that's really hot. Same for Mausers.

I'd really like to find an Arisaka though, preferably one that hasn't been butchered.

A girl who loves to love.