Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE
6 minutes ago, fpo said:

I recently bought a Wasr AK47 in the baby killing style.

Reveal hidden contents

Picture from online. Not showing my real one for privacy.

image.png.04d945e53d4d6a2ca79a4b7344fc57ce.png

What accessories (aside from magazines) would one put on it? I have the side rail so I can put a sight on it. What muzzle threaded things would one put on there? What does the existing one do? I don't need to be all tacticool with magpul stuff but I'm just curious because I'm so excited I got an ak.

Oh & btw, I got a bayonet. My state only lets me have 10 bullets & I got the fixed mag so like... what else am I supposed to do if I run out of ammo? Bayonet baddies xD

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Same deal. Picture online. I have the same model with the "barbed wire cutter" with the sheath.

PS don't google sheith. It's ... nothing to do with the knife holder...

image.png.2c678e2581f6a3fb65bbdcdb7fe56f1e.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

5 minutes ago, knightslugger said:
  Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Spoiler

image.png.49f4861145f14bdf6c3926f4531379ea.png

• 1 month later...

I filed a F1 to SBR one of my ADM lowers last night. It was my first time using the eFile system and it was way better than the paper form; super easy. 

I've seen lots of people getting efile F1s back in about a month or so, fingers crossed. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

2 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I filed a F1 to SBR one of my ADM lowers last night. It was my first time using the eFile system and it was way better than the paper form; super easy. 

I've seen lots of people getting efile F1s back in about a month or so, fingers crossed. 

Good luck, hope it goes quickly for you! 

• 2 weeks later...

I got the lower back from engraving last night. I sent it to Tar Heel State Firearms in NC, took less than a week to make the round trip from ND to NC and back.

I had them do the engraving in the trigger area, so it's a bit tricky to get a good pic, but they did a very nice job.

Edited-Engraving.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

• 3 weeks later...

Aww yiss!

Submitted 15 Jan 2020

Prints recieved 21 Jan 2020

Approved 12 Feb 2020

Screenshot_20200212-092925_Email.jpg

On 9/13/2015 at 6:13 PM, TheAmazingCookieFromSquare said:

So AK with a sniper scope and bigger bullets is your version of a sniper?

What else can could you expect from a russian lol.Not that im saying it's a bad thing

I know I’m 4 years late, but that would be the dragunov 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

• 1 month later...

So the other day I picked up a Mosin Nagant that had seen some better days (as an aside, I have one that is historically significant) and someone had put it into a synthetic monte carlo stock.

If you know anything about a MN, they kick pretty hard (IMO) and the SMC stock is, as near as I can tell, hollow. There seem to be two small holes in the buttplate that might be a spot for screws, but I am uncertain.

Anyone know? I'd like to remove the rubber plate and perhaps fill the stock with something to ease some of the recoil.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

So the other day I picked up a Mosin Nagant that had seen some better days (as an aside, I have one that is historically significant) and someone had put it into a synthetic monte carlo stock.

If you know anything about a MN, they kick pretty hard (IMO) and the SMC stock is, as near as I can tell, hollow. There seem to be two small holes in the buttplate that might be a spot for screws, but I am uncertain.

Anyone know? I'd like to remove the rubber plate and perhaps fill the stock with something to ease some of the recoil.

I have no knowledge of that particular stock, but what I do know is that Mosins kick pretty good in the original wood one. What'd you pay for the one you just bought? I picked a haggard, forced-matched M44 for $89 back in 2006 or 2007, but sold it after I bought a numbers-matching 91/30 For $135 later in 2007. The last time I saw they were in the $299+ range for a decent one.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

I've fired a stock mosin once before, went through a full clip or two.  Wood stock and all.   I didn't think the recoil was any worse than my .308 Savage bolt action.

Though they have one of them Chinese Type 53's at the local gun store, with bayonet and all.  I kinda wanna get it.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Mosins aren't to terrible unless you load something that's really hot. Same for Mausers.

I'd really like to find an Arisaka though, preferably one that hasn't been butchered.

A girl who loves to love.

30 minutes ago, Aimi said:

Mosins aren't to terrible unless you load something that's really hot. Same for Mausers.

I'd really like to find an Arisaka though, preferably one that hasn't been butchered.

I'd like to get a mosin cause 7.62x54R doesn't seem pricey.  But the rifles aren't a great price anymore.  I can sometimes find $200 special .308 bolt actions, meanwhile mosins in my area go for about $400.  Not amazing, but a bolt action will already eat anything you put in there, steel, aluminum, brass... and I can grab 20 rounds of .308 steel cased Tulammo at Sportsman's warehouse for $7... so I can stock up on .308 for not a lot of money.

1 minute ago, kaiju_wars said:

I'd like to get a mosin cause 7.62x54R doesn't seem pricey.  But the rifles aren't a great price anymore.  I can sometimes find $200 special .308 bolt actions, meanwhile mosins in my area go for about $400.  Not amazing, but a bolt action will already eat anything you put in there, steel, aluminum, brass... and I can grab 20 rounds of .308 steel cased Tulammo at Sportsman's warehouse for $7... so I can stock up on .308 for not a lot of money.

Yeah, unfortunately the time for cheap Mosins has passed. Thankfully they're still not at really horrible pricing yet.

4 minutes ago, Aimi said:

Yeah, unfortunately the time for cheap Mosins has passed. Thankfully they're still not at really horrible pricing yet.

I mean,  I'll probably eventually grab one.  But not before the Hi Point Yeet Cannon 9 comes out.  That will by my next gun purchase no matter what.

Had two mosins, a Russian hex and a Chinese t53

Sold them both because corrosive ammo sucks, the Russian is better as a spear than a rifle, and the t53 kicked like a bitch and only was accurate with the bayonet out.

Rather just shoot my Remington 700 ADL .308

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

11 hours ago, atxcyclist said:

What'd you pay for the one you just bought?

The proper matching historically significant one I paid 300$ for, a bargain in the current day and age.

The non-matching (or, as others have mentioned, force matched) SMC stock one came with a scope and bipod, and I paid 200$ for it. It's a hex whereas my nice one is a round receiver.

The SMC stock one shoots nice and is accurate enough for my needs (it'll never be a MOA rifle, they weren't designed for that).

3 hours ago, Aimi said:

Good luck, I have yet to see one in unmolested condition, they've all been pretty badly bubba'd up, and what is left on the market seem to be the 1945 final war year rifles going for insane money (and so dangerous to fire, you might as well hang them on your wall instead)

4 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

I didn't think the recoil was any worse than my .308 Savage bolt action.

It's the same as a .308, felt recoil wise, but when you are shooting 50 to 100 rounds the mosin starts to hurt.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

38 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

t53 kicked like a bitch and only was accurate with the bayonet out.

This is on purpose, they were sighted with the bayonet out, because, you know.

0f3158ae40cc32b98e2e92b8fd5d74fa.png

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

It's the same as a .308, felt recoil wise, but when you are shooting 50 to 100 rounds the mosin starts to hurt.

Fair, I figured it might.  I've only fired 100 rounds of .308 in one sitting out of my CA C308.  With the factory muzzle brake and rubber butt pad, your shoulder doesn't really start hurting with that.

Maybe I should try 100 rounds out of my savage, lmao

3 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

This is on purpose, they were sighted with the bayonet out, because, you know.

0f3158ae40cc32b98e2e92b8fd5d74fa.png

On the subject of Chinese guns, I love my cheap Norinco Type 56 SKS that I got for $150 back in the day....i love me some SKS's

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

18 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

back in the day

And that seems to be the problem currently. Anything "Soviet" has a ban on it now and what's out there has stupid prices. 

Ditto ammo, I'm seeing certain "soviet" rounds being offered for 2$ a round. Are you people insane? It's 20-40 cents a round during normal times, but like everything else, a national crisis brings out the worst in people.

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

And that seems to be the problem currently. Anything "Soviet" has a ban on it now and what's out there has stupid prices. 

Ditto ammo, I'm seeing certain "soviet" rounds being offered for 2$ a round. Are you people insane? It's 20-40 cents a round during normal times, but like everything else, a national crisis brings out the worst in people.

i haven't bought ammo in years......i guess all the panic buying over the past decade or so has me pretty much set. And been just too busy to go plinking.

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

I consume about a case of 9mm per month, I'm sure glad I have a reasonable back stock right now. Prices have jumped from ~$163/case to ~$250/case in the last month. 

9 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

(and so dangerous to fire, you might as well hang them on your wall instead)

That's what makes it so fun though

9 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

The proper matching historically significant one I paid 300$ for, a bargain in the current day and age.

The non-matching (or, as others have mentioned, force matched) SMC stock one came with a scope and bipod, and I paid 200$ for it. It's a hex whereas my nice one is a round receiver.

The SMC stock one shoots nice and is accurate enough for my needs (it'll never be a MOA rifle, they weren't designed for that).

Good luck, I have yet to see one in unmolested condition, they've all been pretty badly bubba'd up, and what is left on the market seem to be the 1945 final war year rifles going for insane money (and so dangerous to fire, you might as well hang them on your wall instead)

I have a legit Korean War converted Arisaka chambered in .30-06, it is not for the faint of heart. Thankfully, it’s not a last ditch but it sucks so much to fire that I’ve only function tested it. Got it for a song from a shop that didn’t know what they had, and I didn’t either until I got it home and researched it.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1