Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jack.EXE

Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

3 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Nice catch. ?

Thanks!  I'm glad I picked it up!

It has a 3" chamber.  I'll probably just pick up some cheap 2 3/4" target loads to test it out.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.  Here's what I got so far.  

Keep in mind I'm still grabbing multiplatform games on PC, unless they happen to be cheaper on PS4 or Switch (such as RDR2 as of right now)

Currently Playing:  

• Pokemon Sword - Switch
  • Super Mario 3D All-Stars - Switch

Games Beaten:

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Switch
  • A Way Out - PS4

(will be reset at the beginning of each month)

Put on hold:

• Splatoon 2 - Switch

How many games I'm needing:

• DS: 82
  • Wii: 38
  • 360/PS3: 84
  • 3DS: 60
  • Wii U: 7
  • PS Vita: 34
  • PS4: 18
  • Switch: 14

59 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Nice catch. ?

It’s a youth model, but I’m still able to get a proper cheek weld so I’m not too worried (plus I could probably find a replacement stock online if need be).  I’ll just grab a cheap box of target loads to test fire it.  It has a 3” chamber.  But yeah, everything cycles perfectly.  Pump, hammer, firing pin, bolt rotates, safety, shell lift. 

Keep in mind I'm still grabbing multiplatform games on PC, unless they happen to be cheaper on PS4 or Switch (such as RDR2 as of right now)

Currently Playing:  

• Pokemon Sword - Switch

Games Beaten:

• A Way Out - PS4

Put on hold:

• Splatoon 2 - Switch

1 hour ago, kaiju_wars said:

It’s a youth model, but I’m still able to get a proper cheek weld so I’m not too worried

They can still be fun to shoot.  I haven't used it in a long while now, but I still own a little Henry .22 bolt action single shot rifle (was my first gun purchase and all I could afford at the time).  I should probably pull it out and clean it up, now that I think about it.

11582117_Henryyouth22rifle.jpg.a7727e1f5d4bf2c2aa7fe90aab3c51dd.jpg

Just picked up my new lowers!

A pair of American Defense Manufacturing UIC lowers:

20190816-172137.jpg

One will get an ATF Form 1 filed on it this weekend to be a 12" 5.56 SBR, and the other will become a 9" 300BO pistol.

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID 0 + 2 x 2TB WD Green's in RAID 1 

How is the Dererttech MDR panning out in 2019?  Don't keep up with guns but seemed pretty cool, and i always find myself rooting for new bullpups since it always seems as there hasn't been a good one since the AUG

YES!  I finally managed to get my order in for the EP9 pistol carbine.   Every single time I checked, they listed as out of stock (including earlier this afternoon).  I happened to check a few minutes ago, and they were finally available again.  I already paid and contacted the gun store about uploading their FFL license, so now I'm just waiting for it to ship.

1 hour ago, Otto_iii said:

it always seems as there hasn't been a good one since the AUG

Tavor

RFB

KSG

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

5 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Tavor

RFB

KSG

As somebody who plays BF games and watches gun jesus rather then lives in texas and has 30k$ a year burning a hole in my pocket to buy guns, let alone owns anything outside of practice rifles; never heard of RFB, KSG is a shotgun?, The Tavor is cool, but the more the merrier.  You could of added the Groza it wasn't the point, its not new. 

I'm mostly interested in bullpup as a short dimension high power, 5.56 MDR could interest me less, the 308 interests me but maybe its not worth caring about(?).  On kinda similar note 5.56 micro-tavor is p-cool relatively, small package with decent accuracy and relatively high power but i don't see practical case for it in the wild, more of a thing that is interesting so far as spec-ops and or body guards etc, which i am neither or never will be.

Was just wondering if the MDR worked out of it its destined to be forgotten. 

40 minutes ago, Otto_iii said:

Was just wondering if the MDR worked out of it its destined to be forgotten. 

It's destined to be forgotten. To expensive for what it is.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Otto_iii said:

shucks

Yeah, MSRP on the MDR is $2270. Actual price is close to MSRP.

MSRP on the RFB, Keltec's ambi .308 of similiar (if not better) reliability is $1930 but is consistantly found at the $1400 mark. Cheaper Than Dirt sells them for $1050 for the 24" version and $1300 for the 18" version.

And if you're after 5.56, the RDB is a $1270 MSRP and can be found sub $1000. CTD has them for as low as $800. And Keltec is very accommodating with warranty work if you get a first gen. Only issue is accuracy with the factory handguard.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Emailed Remington and Winchester about my old 870 Wingmaster and the old Model 1300.

The 870 was made in 1976, the 1300 was made in 1989. 

Currently Playing:  

• Pokemon Sword - Switch

Games Beaten:

• A Way Out - PS4

Put on hold:

• Splatoon 2 - Switch

TFB TV Discord got mad at me.  My coworker was letting me try out his G19 for conceal carry.  He let me try out his Tier 1 holster, among the other holsters we sell.  I couldn't find a comfortable way to carry it, and no matter what I tried, it kept printing.

Like the G19 is just too big for me to conceal carry.  It's part of the reason I like to stick to actual compact and sub compact, single stack 9mms and 380s.  That's what I find I can conceal the best.  Cause you know, the whole point of conceal carry is to conceal the gun.

Anyways, I said, "I find it to big, let's be real, this recent trend of "compact" doublestack 9s really aren't compact.  They're midsized at best and more fullsized almost."

Currently Playing:  

• Pokemon Sword - Switch

Games Beaten:

• A Way Out - PS4

Put on hold:

• Splatoon 2 - Switch

44 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

That's what I find I can conceal the best.  Cause you know, the whole point of conceal carry is to conceal the gun.

Most of the time I don't tuck in my shirt, which eliminates most issues with printing.  I have found that one of my shirts is extra tall (long), so I'm able to tuck it in and then pull it back up out to go over the top of my holster and gun.  I'm able to carry my P2000 double stack fully concealed in that manner.

Having said that, my work shirts are pretty tight on me, so I can only conceal carry there with my single stack Ruger.  Even then I get some occasional printing when I lean over, despite having my shirt not tucked in.

3 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Most of the time I don't tuck in my shirt, which eliminates most issues with printing.  I have found that one of my shirts is extra tall (long), so I'm able to tuck it in and then pull it back up out to go over the top of my holster and gun.  I'm able to carry my P2000 double stack fully concealed in that manner.

Having said that, my work shirts are pretty tight on me, so I can only conceal carry there with my single stack Ruger.  Even then I get some occasional printing when I lean over, despite having my shirt not tucked in.

I don't tuck in my t-shirts.  But I still have an issue with printing with the G19. 

Currently Playing:  

• Pokemon Sword - Switch

Games Beaten:

• A Way Out - PS4

Put on hold:

• Splatoon 2 - Switch

2 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

TFB TV Discord got mad at me.  My coworker was letting me try out his G19 for conceal carry.  He let me try out his Tier 1 holster, among the other holsters we sell.  I couldn't find a comfortable way to carry it, and no matter what I tried, it kept printing.

Like the G19 is just too big for me to conceal carry.  It's part of the reason I like to stick to actual compact and sub compact, single stack 9mms and 380s.  That's what I find I can conceal the best.  Cause you know, the whole point of conceal carry is to conceal the gun.

Anyways, I said, "I find it to big, let's be real, this recent trend of "compact" doublestack 9s really aren't compact.  They're midsized at best and more fullsized almost."

Try the Glock 48 basically a single stack G19.  

As you say many of the compacts are not that compact. But you usually give up a good deal of shoot ability.   

2 minutes ago, JohnMc45 said:

Try the Glock 48 basically a single stack G19.  

As you say many of the compacts are not that compact. But you usually give up a good deal of shoot ability.   

I'm actually looking at the G43X, M&P 380 EZ, and M&P Shield M2.0

Currently Playing:  

• Pokemon Sword - Switch

Games Beaten:

• A Way Out - PS4

Put on hold:

• Splatoon 2 - Switch

I wasn't a fan of the 43x myself, it's just not a nice gun to shoot imo. Have you tried a p365? It's double stack but around the same size as a 43x, and around the same width of a shield.

12 minutes ago, Slumberjack said:

I wasn't a fan of the 43x myself, it's just not a nice gun to shoot imo. Have you tried a p365? It's double stack but around the same size as a 43x, and around the same width of a shield.

I have not.  I might look into it if it's roughly the same width, cause right now, I'm really loving the dimensions (and overall feel) of the 380 EZ.

Currently Playing:  

• Pokemon Sword - Switch

Games Beaten:

• A Way Out - PS4

Put on hold:

• Splatoon 2 - Switch

41 minutes ago, Slumberjack said:

Looked into it when I got a chance.  That is now on the list and has immediately tied with the 380 EZ.  These are the two final contenders for my next CCW.

Currently Playing:  

• Pokemon Sword - Switch

Games Beaten:

• A Way Out - PS4

Put on hold:

• Splatoon 2 - Switch

16 hours ago, Slumberjack said:

Interesting. Haven't got a chance to fire the G48 or G43X but they felt good.  What where you using standard or +p loads? 

My AR15 has gone through so many changes. 

I am never happy with it, so I just keep changing it. 

My next upgarde will be a MI-G3M15-BLK tactical handguard. 

here is some pictures of the changes I've made and where it is now. 

Pretty much stock at this point, I modified a standard sling and worked pretty well.

smith-wesson_mp15_sport_2.thumb.jpg.f05a28bf85bcbbada92c6314fe7d6418.jpg

WP_20160323_20_02_49_Pro.thumb.jpg.cd76dc551f99c33f35a02971d1d7dd65.jpg

Upgraded the entire rifle with a Troy Alumn battlestock, Magpull grip, forward gripm magpull sling, and attachment points, light.

the scope was POS. the mag is a vice block. btw. this is a drop in handguard, I will be installing a free float MI soon.

WP_20170314_22_09_11_Pro.thumb.jpg.2924b28a1f09b79e7a52f6de547207e2.jpg

tried out this scope, another POS.

WP_20170423_13_21_24_Pro.thumb.jpg.dc1ecd63b7ad226f25e35f4d569b4ca6.jpg

Right now I am using a co-witness red dot, I thought I had a picture. I will update it as soon I take an updated photo.

14 hours ago, JohnMc45 said:

Interesting. Haven't got a chance to fire the G48 or G43X but they felt good.  What where you using standard or +p loads? 

Just standard FMJs, but my issue with it wasn't it being snappy or anything. My issue is the trigger, it's just as mediocre as every other glock, and in that small a package, the safety blade causes trigger finger blisters like nobody's business! All things you could totally fix with aftermarket parts like every glock, but I don't like to modify a gun I plan to carry.