Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE
6 hours ago, RedAV8R said:

You are still failing to justify how a mob rule people elected state legislature then electing senators is so fantastically different than the mob rule people directly electing the senators themselves.

The concept of the Senate (2 per state) regardless of population still keeps things 'equal'.

Because the original way of doing things, meant the Senators were beholden to the interests of the state that appointed them.  While you could argue they were indirectly responsible to the people, the 17th amendment made them directly responsible to the people, and thus completely ignores the interests of the states.  That's not to say they don't address the interests of their respective states, but said states have virtually no influence in directing their policies now.

Also, you need to be aware of how the 17th amendment came about.  Just as today, the left used lies and made up statistics to present this case that there was rampant corruption in the selection process.  While some corruption did occur (there was only one documented case, to my knowledge), it was hardly the norm.  Alas, people fell for it and now the states' power is weakened because of it.

It was a bad idea then, it's a bad idea now.

Maybe an analogy would help.  Let's say there's a large corporation.  Within this large corporation is a couple committees that meet to determine the future direction of said company.  One group is made up of employees, while the other is made up of managers.  Suddenly, the rules change and both groups are now made up of employees.  That means management has virtually no say in these committees that determine what direction the company will go.

That's what happened with the 17th amendment.  The management (states) were kicked off the committees and only employees (the people) were allowed on.  You might think that sounds like a good thing, but you'd be wrong.  The whims of the people are fickle, and their direction can be easily swayed through lies and manipulation.

@knightslugger Um... No a senator can not be removed willy nilly. Even originally written senators were elected for 6 years. Removal of which is governed by Section 5 of Article I. Sorry all i hear is whining because the state is predominately republican while you have a dem for senator. and if it were the way it was 100 years ago that R legislature could ensure a R senator.

With that.. Eh I can see more one term senators, (I'd be much more supportive of term limits for congress). Less special interest lobbying, less money, etc. But as for states rights being enhanced, eh, still not seeing it work as you describe. I'm not saying I wouldn't be supportive of a repeal of the 17th, there really is no need for it, but I can see those not in favor as seeing it as more a gerrymandering than anything.

I've seen exactly one rep of mine actually have any sort of common sense, while he has an R behind him, much more of a L in practice. Unfortunately i'm moving here into a new district and I need to do some research.

I don't believe much of any elected official actually reps their respective state unless it comes to money for jobs at the taxpayers teet. This officials lobbying for funds for gross spending on money pits like the F-35 and the SLS. So yeah they are repping their state, but not for the betterment of the country. If so those costly programs should have been killed YEARS ago.

Sorry rambling. Hell I feel the pain. We've got a new D governor while thankfully a super R majority in both state house and senate. So she can pound sand for 4 years all she wants.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, ArtoriaPendragon said:

Dang, I've been gone forever and this place seems dead.

Don't leave then.

This thread is the only place I have to talk about things like the M27 and it's problems.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Jito463 said:

Simple solution, let's start talking politics!  That'll surely get this place hopping. ;) 

There's a new "assault" weapons ban in the pipeline.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

53 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

There's a new "assault" weapons ban in the pipeline.

We already discussed that one previously, but it's worth noting that the language of the bill basically bans virtually every semi-automatic rifle as an "assault rifle".

7 hours ago, Jito463 said:

We already discussed that one previously, but it's worth noting that the language of the bill basically bans virtually every semi-automatic rifle as an "assault rifle".

Just to append from my previous comment, here's the text directly from the bill:

“(v) (1) It shall be unlawful for a person to import, sell, manufacture, transfer, or possess, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, a semiautomatic assault weapon.

I would call them morons for not realizing what an "assault rifle" actually is, but I'm convinced that they're doing it intentionally to confuse people by conflating the language.

3 hours ago, Jito463 said:

I would call them morons for not realizing what an "assault rifle" actually is, but I'm convinced that they're doing it intentionally to confuse people by conflating the language.

It's exactly what they're doing.  

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Build progress.

Anderson Manufacturing lower.

Palmetto State lower parts kit.

Aero Precision upper (no forward assist).

Palmetto State full auto bolt and carrier.

Faxon 16" pencil barrel.

Faxon low profile gas block.

Can't remember what gas tube I got.

Just need a hand guard, charging handle and muzzle device.

20190209_235600-min.thumb.jpg.a3af0e20ceaba09bcc9aa6e4f7acf089.jpg

7 hours ago, Snadzies said:

muzzle device.

I'm a fan of both Odin Works' Atlas 6.5, and Strike Industries' Triple Crown. But go Odin Works to support a company that's less than 30 minutes away from me.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

On 2/13/2019 at 6:43 PM, Jito463 said:

Some would still argue that there is no such thing as an "assault rifle", and that the whole term is contrived to make the weapon itself seem like a crime.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

5 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Some would still argue that there is no such thing as an "assault rifle", and that the whole term is contrived to make the weapon itself seem like a crime.

Assault Weapon is a made up term (from the '94 ban of the same name), but Assault Rifle is actually legitimate with a specific meaning.  It originated with the German Sturmgewehr, which literally translates as "assault rifle".

The name was chosen for propaganda reasons and means "assault rifle" as in "to assault a bunker". After the adoption of the StG44, the English translation 'assault rifle' became a common class description of this type of infantry small arm.

The official classification is any weapon that has a toggle switch between semi-automatic and rapid fire.  Unfortunately, the leftist media and politicians have so conflated the terms assault rifle and assault weapon - then muddied that up with semi-automatic weapons - to the point where most people don't see any difference.

1 minute ago, Jito463 said:

German Sturmgewehr, which literally translates as "assault rifle".

Storm rifle. The literal translation is storm rifle.

2 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

toggle switch between semi-automatic and rapid fire. 

I don't know how to say this I know exactly how to say this but rapid fire by itself means nothings.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Storm rifle. The literal translation is storm rifle.

See what happens when I trust Crapipedia?  Having said that, I've heard it stated numerous times before, which is why I accepted it at face value.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I don't know how to say this I know exactly how to say this but rapid fire by itself means nothings.

Granted, I should have written "fully automatic".  My fingers were typing faster than my brain, it seems.

Just now, Jito463 said:

Having said that, I've heard it stated numerous times before, which is why I accepted it at face value.

Given the intention of the name, and in the English lannguage storm and assault can be synonyms, it is a strong indirect translation.

But it is, and always has been, a propaganda term intended to strike fear. Back then, in the Americans and Russians beating back the Germans, now, to turn unwitting good people against each other.

2 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

I should have written "fully automatic".

Yeah, because there are quite a few semi auto rifles that are rapid fire in my hands.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Who here has a ATN X-Sight II Night vision optic?? was trying to look at a new IR illuminator for it because the stock one is trash and need something that has more distance than 50 yards. let me know if you want one of these sights and have a recommendation for a new one.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

9 hours ago, Poohy14 said:

Who here has a ATN X-Sight II Night vision optic?? was trying to look at a new IR illuminator for it because the stock one is trash and need something that has more distance than 50 yards. let me know if you want one of these sights and have a recommendation for a new one.

When it comes to NODs, bring your wallet. 

I have never used an X-Sight, but I have looked into them a bit. They aren't REALLY a night vision device as they dont have a photocathode image intensifier, they're a digital recorder in the IR spectrum with a display output. I know that may seem like a fine hair to split, but the difference is that they don't do any light amplification, where something like a PVS-14 does; or course at a MUCH higher price point. Without light amplification a secondary IR light source is going to be pretty much required. 

As of right now, the general consensus within the NVG community is that the best course for newcomers is a good condition used PVS-7 or PVS-14. They are going to be more expensive than the X-Sight, but are going to offer you a much better experience. Used PVS-7s can be found for ~$1200-1500 and PVS-14s for ~$1500-2000. New PVS-14s start right around $3k I believe. But this route costs even more because you still need an IR laser, something like a DBAL I2 for $800. So yeah, NV is not a cheap investment. 

About a year ago I did a ton of reading (I'm still not an expert by any stretch) into NODs and went full mall ninja and bought a set of Gen 3+ WP RNVGs from TNVC. I'm still learning with them all the time, but let me tell you; being able to see in the dark is nothing short of a super power. I'm still financially recovering from the RNVGs and saving for a MAWL to make the RNVGs more useful. So far the sum total of my time under NODs has been wandering the woods, and driving my pontoon around the lake completely blacked out. 

There is a ton of discussion within the NVG community about what the future of digital light amplification could be, as it has potential to bring costs down by orders of magnitude. 

Be a bit weary of cheaper IR emitters, as I've heard many of the cheap IR emitters also emit small amounts of light in the visible spectrum as well, and this can be less than ideal for hunting. I don't currently own any IR emitters, so I really can't provide any useful information as to what's a good more affordable option. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

When it comes to NODs, bring your wallet. 

I have never used an X-Sight, but I have looked into them a bit. They aren't REALLY a night vision device as they dont have a photocathode image intensifier, they're a digital recorder in the IR spectrum with a display output. I know that may seem like a fine hair to split, but the difference is that they don't do any light amplification, where something like a PVS-14 does; or course at a MUCH higher price point. Without light amplification a secondary IR light source is going to be pretty much required. 

As of right now, the general consensus within the NVG community is that the best course for newcomers is a good condition used PVS-7 or PVS-14. They are going to be more expensive than the X-Sight, but are going to offer you a much better experience. Used PVS-7s can be found for ~$1200-1500 and PVS-14s for ~$1500-2000. New PVS-14s start right around $3k I believe. But this route costs even more because you still need an IR laser, something like a DBAL I2 for $800. So yeah, NV is not a cheap investment. 

About a year ago I did a ton of reading (I'm still not an expert by any stretch) into NODs and went full mall ninja and bought a set of Gen 3+ WP RNVGs from TNVC. I'm still learning with them all the time, but let me tell you; being able to see in the dark is nothing short of a super power. I'm still financially recovering from the RNVGs and saving for a MAWL to make the RNVGs more useful. So far the sum total of my time under NODs has been wandering the woods, and driving my pontoon around the lake completely blacked out. 

There is a ton of discussion within the NVG community about what the future of digital light amplification could be, as it has potential to bring costs down by orders of magnitude. 

Be a bit weary of cheaper IR emitters, as I've heard many of the cheap IR emitters also emit small amounts of light in the visible spectrum as well, and this can be less than ideal for hunting. I don't currently own any IR emitters, so I really can't provide any useful information as to what's a good more affordable option. 

I actually have the ATN sight and its actually pretty good just the stock IR light really sucks and cant see anything past 50 yards so that's why I was looking for a new IR light. I know the 850nm is a better option but it does emit a small light which is what I have no but I was looking into the 940nm since you see no light on the visible spectrum and it would be better for me for hunting. Just wanted a recommendation for what to look at.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

4 minutes ago, Poohy14 said:

I actually have the ATN sight and its actually pretty good just the stock IR light really sucks and cant see anything past 50 yards so that's why I was looking for a new IR light. I know the 850nm is a better option but it does emit a small light which is what I have no but I was looking into the 940nm since you see no light on the visible spectrum and it would be better for me for hunting. Just wanted a recommendation for what to look at.

Ahh! I'm sorry, I didn't realize you already owned the sight. 

I wish I could offer you good advice for an IR emitter, but I dont have one, and have never used any of the emitter only options, only IR laser/illuminator combos. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I like my Bushmaster AR-15, it accepts .223 and .556.  Funny I've had it 5 years and never fired it yet. I do keep it lubed every few years.   I was in the Army and had full training and maintenance knowledge on M4 Carbine which is pretty much like my AR-15.

Handgun I have is Beretta PX4 Storm .45 APC.  Very smooth shooting and no major recoil.  One of my friends is a gun nut and fired it, and same week bought one because he enjoyed it so much.

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |

Winchester's bringing back full brass shotshells. I wonder how they'll fair in mag fed shotties.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

SOOOOooooOOO....

Benchmade Knife Company helps police destroy firearms used in a crime, police praise benchmade on Social Media for their assistance and post a photo of them doing it, 2A supporters are IRATE and rip them a new one, BKC comes out and publicly and admits that they helped them, and lies through their teeth that they are 2A supporters...

My Thoughts: What's wrong with selling a firearm that was used in a crime (any crime)... and why is it department policy to instead destroy them? SOCIALLY DRIVEN POLITICS. That's why they can't sell them and they are forced to destroy them.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

48 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

SOOOOooooOOO....

Benchmade Knife Company helps police destroy firearms used in a crime, police praise benchmade on Social Media for their assistance and post a photo of them doing it, 2A supporters are IRATE and rip them a new one, BKC comes out and publicly and admits that they helped them, and lies through their teeth that they are 2A supporters...

My Thoughts: What's wrong with selling a firearm that was used in a crime (any crime)... and why is it department policy to instead destroy them? SOCIALLY DRIVEN POLITICS. That's why they can't sell them and they are forced to destroy them.

I've been following this pretty closely since yesterday evening, and I have to say, I'm extremely disappointed in the decisions Benchmade has made. 

I know you're almost certainly seen the Post by the Oregon City PD that started this whole thing, but for anyone who hasn't seen it, I've included a screen shot of it, since it has since been deleted from the Oregon City PDs facebook page.

FB-IMG-1550713698265.jpg

After approximately 90 minutes and a ton of comments criticizing Benchmades behavior, the Oregon City PD removed the post. Shortly after they posted a statement attempting to clarify a few things. I've included screenshots of this statement below.

Screenshot-20190221-130508-Facebook.jpg

Screenshot-20190221-130513-Facebook.jpg

There have been a ton of people and knife sellers that have come out with criticism of the choices made by Benchmade, including several major retail sellers. 

IMHO, if it's the policy of the Police Dept to destroy these guns, regardless of how they found their way to the PD, there's no way Benchmade should have been involved. They really should have respectfully declined the PDs request of help destroying firearms. 

Although, this isn't even really the whole story as to why the 2A community is upset. This was just the catalyst that caused some people to dig further into the company, and it turns out, even though the company claims to not do political donations, they've given some sizable donations to political candidates over the last 10 years, some 91% of that, to Democrats. More info on this can be found here:

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/totals.php?id=D000047693&cycle=2018

Personally, I think Benchmade makes some outstanding knives, and I have a couple of them, but I will no longer be doing business with them in the future. I dont have plans to sell my current benchmade knives, but I wont be adding to that stock. 

Also people on the internet are not wasting time making some memes out of the situation either, also a few of their competitors are starting to get in on the fun as well:

download-20190221-111924.png

52518037_10217788746621207_1341632347434

seeing-benchmade-helping.jpg