Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE

SUCCESS!

Lost a takedown retention pin for a few minutes (the kit comes with an extra pin and spring just in case) but I eventually found it.

I had trouble lining up the holes for the trigger/receiver for a bit but after I took the trigger and springs out and tried putting them together again everything lined up no problem. ?‍♂️

Going to get an armorer's tool from my local shop tomorrow so I can torque down the buffer nut and then the lower should be good to go.

So far the trigger feels pretty good.

I figured the trigger would feel very creepy and would need to be polished/replaced as this was definitely not some high end competition build kit but out of the box I'm quite happy with how the trigger feels.

Now it is on to the upper.

I have a pencil barrel already and will likely get a carbon fiber handguard as I want the upper to be as light as I can make it.

My goal is to hand the completed rifle to someone and have them go "Woah, that is really light."

53 minutes ago, Snadzies said:

My goal is to hand the completed rifle to someone and have them go "Woah, that is really light."

Meanwhile I'm still considering mounting a Mossberg 590, or 590A1, or 590DM onto my 10lb Grendel AR.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Forgot to post this. M82A1 .50 bmg. Shooting 1000 yards. 

Victor F. 

My hobbies include: machining, electronics, radiation, and guns

DESKTOP: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  Motherboard: Asus ROG B550-I RAM: Corsair Vegenence DDR4-3000 SSD: Samsung 970 Pro GPU: MSI GTX1070 Ti Titanium CASE: NZXT H1

LAPTOP: Apple MacBook Pro i7, 16gb ram, 256gb ssd. (2018 model) 

CAMERA: Panasonic Lumix G85

PHONE: iPhone 7 

DRONE: Dji Mavic Pro

So yesterday, I came home from work and I got my Christmas present early.  3AD2AAF8-9E39-405A-934F-45A83B6325BF.thumb.jpeg.7899d1391387f5207ade4f5129034146.jpeg

30-gun safe!  I love it!

Today there was a gun show, I picked up a couple firearms, can’t wait to take them out and shoot them.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

1 minute ago, kaiju_wars said:

I picked up a couple firearms

And those would be?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

And those would be?

Canik TP9SFL579B6653-DD75-4566-8508-488D9EEA571E.thumb.jpeg.c17935cbde7de605716d60ca924623a5.jpeg

and FEG PA-63BDF6C093-A40A-4A39-B417-58ACA3A661D1.thumb.jpeg.786f0811bd7c955f9a4284a733b75130.jpeg

Canik TP9SFL

Black ❤️

Meanwhile I have my TP9SFx and its grey ceracote that looks like a flat bronze ish color in the right light.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Black ❤️

Meanwhile I have my TP9SFx and its grey ceracote that looks like a flat bronze ish color in the right light.

I almost went with the SFX, the local gun store had it for $700, this one guy at the gun show had it for $580, then I talked the guy down to $400 for the SFL.  The only difference between the two that I can find is I don’t get a removable plate to add a small rail for a red dot.  

(Also, I kinda wanted gray, as all black in handguns I find boring... but I gotta admit I love the looks of the Canik)

Just now, kaiju_wars said:

the local gun store had it for $700, this one guy at the gun show had it for $580

Got mine for under $600 at Sportsman's Warehouse, and it's one that they regularly carry.

The only difference between the two that I can find is I don’t get a removable plate to add a small rail for a red dot.

The SFx also has an extended slide release and customizable mag release. Factory fiber optic front sight too.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Got mine for under $600 at Sportsman's Warehouse, and it's one that they regularly carry.

The SFx also has an extended slide release and customizable mag release. Factory fiber optic front sight too.

Not a bad price, but Sportsman’s warehouse is about 1 and a half hours from here for me.  

As for the other features, I see it’s still all stuff I don’t consider high priority, so I’d still like to think I got a decent deal, or at least, got a decent gun.

As for the other features, I see it’s still all stuff I don’t consider high priority

For me, the mag release itself makes the SFx well worth it over other Canik TP9s, the M&P Shield, and an equivalent Glock.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

For me, the mag release itself makes the SFx well worth it over other Canik TP9s, the M&P Shield, and an equivalent Glock.

I have no issues with using the mag release so far, I'll see when I get to fire it a few times.  
But as of right now, I see no issue with it

I have no issues with using the mag release so far, I'll see when I get to fire it a few times.  
But as of right now, I see no issue with it

I just really dislike how far out the releases stick on most handguns, or more accurately, how far they don't stick out. The M&P is the most tolerable without aftermarket modifications. The 1911 sucks in milspec config, and the Luger P08 is absolutely abysmal one handed. So, the longer release that the SFx has out of the box is a huge plus for me.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Anyone know of any good 20-24" AK heavy barrels?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Hey people,

I shoot practical pistol twice a month but i'm feeling really guilty at the minute.  I've been doing it now for a few months and the other week I accidentally muzzle swept the Range Officer and my Uncle (who introduced me to the club)  Does anyone have any exercises i can practice at home to stop this happening again?  Maybe a routine or a pose that I can hold while moving with the gun?

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

7 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Anyone know of any good 20-24" AK heavy barrels?

nyet.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

nyet.

Thanks bud.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

18 hours ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Hey people,

I shoot practical pistol twice a month but i'm feeling really guilty at the minute.  I've been doing it now for a few months and the other week I accidentally muzzle swept the Range Officer and my Uncle (who introduced me to the club)  Does anyone have any exercises i can practice at home to stop this happening again?  Maybe a routine or a pose that I can hold while moving with the gun?

The 180 rule is a big deal in shooting sports, did you get DQ'ed? 

Muzzle awareness is really just one of those things that you must be very cognizant of at all times. The more practice you have the less you'll have to really think about it though. 

I dont know of any drills that are specifically about muzzle awareness, but if you really wanted to do something, try moving around your house (with the weapon unloaded) and use Pictures or lamps or furniture as no shoots. Then move through the house without muzzling any of those objects. Just a thought. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I’m in the UK so only airsoft guns. Pisstake ik. 

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

21 hours ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Hey people,

2 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Muzzle awareness is really just one of those things that you must be very cognizant of at all times. The more practice you have the less you'll have to really think about it though. 

I dont know of any drills that are specifically about muzzle awareness, but if you really wanted to do something, try moving around your house (with the weapon unloaded) and use Pictures or lamps or furniture as no shoots. Then move through the house without muzzling any of those objects. Just a thought. 

Yep, pretty much this.  In fact, I failed my first CCW shooting range test, because I pulled my handgun out to reload it while my instructor was downrange.  I didn't muzzle sweep him (I had it pointed away), but it was enough for him to fail me, which was a fair point that I conceded.

There's not really any drills, it's just something you have to be mindful of at all times.  That's why the 4 rules exist, to keep people in the mindset of safety.  Even though you have to violate a minimum of 2 rules for your actions to even be potentially unsafe.

19 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Thank you i'll do this

17 hours ago, Jito463 said:

Yep, pretty much this.  In fact, I failed my first CCW shooting range test, because I pulled my handgun out to reload it while my instructor was downrange.  I didn't muzzle sweep him (I had it pointed away), but it was enough for him to fail me, which was a fair point that I conceded.

There's not really any drills, it's just something you have to be mindful of at all times.  That's why the 4 rules exist, to keep people in the mindset of safety.  Even though you have to violate a minimum of 2 rules for your actions to even be potentially unsafe.

Thanks, I'm still new to it all so hopefully it will get easier over time like Phillbert says

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

19 hours ago, josbeph83 said:

I’m in the UK so only airsoft guns. Pisstake ik. 

I'm in the UK too so have the same rules.  I've been assured though that this is a GUNS thread and NOT a FIREARMS thread ;) 

Too cold to shoot anything except deer, and even then, can't really age them without taking them to a butcher shop. They freeze too fast.

Really wish this barrel would get shot out or my Jeep project would get finished so I can get my rifle shooting 6.5CM. 260 Rem is a great cartridge, unless you mag feed and shoot low drag ELDs. Then it's tragic.

That's the only reason I want 6.5CM... So i can mag feed my ELDs.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

3 hours ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

I'm in the UK too so have the same rules.  I've been assured though that this is a GUNS thread and NOT a FIREARMS thread ;) 

So you guys have Airsoft sporting competitions?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

40 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

So you guys have Airsoft sporting competitions?

I'm part of a club.  We do practical pistol with COpropelled .177 pellets.  I have a Walther CP88 6" that does this.  I also own a Dan Wesson 6" revolver that fires 4.5mm steel BBs but i'm not allowed to use that at the range where we shoot.  There is a place near me that does Airsoft (6mm plastic BBs) and My cousin (also a member at the club) have said we'll go and check it out.  It looks like fun running around like a loon and shooting each other lmao