Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE
6 minutes ago, george357 said:

Customish, bought the upper from Radical Firearms in Texas. I bought it like two years back +/- and the upper was $599 USD I think. They can be found now around the $400+ mark in the right sale. Rest of it I DIY'd 

I'm actually familiar with that company, eye'd up not only that exact upper a few months ago, but the same thing in .50 Beowulf and .450 Bushmaster.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I tried the offset but didn't really like that for my uses while hunting. The tall would have given me a bit better cheek weld I think.

I'm not using my AR-15 for hunting though, tbf.  My uncle said he's giving me a .308 bolt action when I go visit in August, that's probably what I'll be using since I plan to start hunting anyways.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

I'm actually familiar with that company, eye'd up not only that exact upper a few months ago, but the same thing in .50 Beowulf and .450 Bushmaster.

I read a lot of bad stuff about them over the years but I have nothing but praise for em. This has been a perfect rifle for hundreds of rounds and several hunting trips. I am gonna be sad to see her go but I wanna build a 8" barrel Pistol Version and I am going a different route with my primary hunting rifle.  I looked at both those calibers as well, the primary reason I went with the 458 at the time is the wider selection of bullet choice and using rifle bullets instead of pistol bullets.

Also, I found something else I'm into now, AR pistols.  I also want another AR-15 (I'll probably get Ruger next time, unless Nodak Arms has good deals again)

But yeah, don't care if the pistols are practical or not, they look like they'd be fun to own and shoot, so I want one.  I'm probably going to wait till the gun show they have every year in Minot, so gotta wait till March, but I'll look there.

Been looking on Cheaper than Dirt at some of em, found these I like the looks of: 

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/part-number-6-0252216-815875017363.do?sortby=priceAscend&refType=&from=fn

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/diamondback-db15p-ar-15-semi-auto-pistol-556-nato-105-barrel-30-rounds-aluminum-modified-four-rail-hand-guard-polymer-pistol-grip-burnt-bronze-finish-815875014362.do?sortby=priceAscend&refType=&from=fn

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/io-inc-m215-ml7-ar-15-semi-auto-pistol-556-nato-75-barrel-30-rounds-free-float-m-lok-handguard-pistol-grip-anodized-black-finish-856867005869.do?sortby=priceAscend&refType=&from=fn

Just seems like they'd be fun little guns.  

20 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

Also, I found something else I'm into now, AR pistols.  I also want another AR-15 (I'll probably get Ruger next time, unless Nodak Arms has good deals again)

But yeah, don't care if the pistols are practical or not, they look like they'd be fun to own and shoot, so I want one.  I'm probably going to wait till the gun show they have every year in Minot, so gotta wait till March, but I'll look there.

Been looking on Cheaper than Dirt at some of em, found these I like the looks of: 

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/part-number-6-0252216-815875017363.do?sortby=priceAscend&refType=&from=fn

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/diamondback-db15p-ar-15-semi-auto-pistol-556-nato-105-barrel-30-rounds-aluminum-modified-four-rail-hand-guard-polymer-pistol-grip-burnt-bronze-finish-815875014362.do?sortby=priceAscend&refType=&from=fn

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/io-inc-m215-ml7-ar-15-semi-auto-pistol-556-nato-75-barrel-30-rounds-free-float-m-lok-handguard-pistol-grip-anodized-black-finish-856867005869.do?sortby=priceAscend&refType=&from=fn

Just seems like they'd be fun little guns.  

A buddy of mine got an SBR and after messing with it I knew I wanted a pistol version. You are correct very fun, and practical for the right situations.

A buddy of mine got an SBR and after messing with it I knew I wanted a pistol version. You are correct very fun, and practical for the right situations.

After seeing a few AR pistols in Demolition Ranch videos, I realized how much I just like them.

It's been almost half a year since I've visited this thread. Got two new toys since then.

One's my new Eddystone M1917 Enfield next to my first taste of properly good milsurp, a 1943 ROF Maltby No. 4 Mk I. I got the beauty back in April at a gun show where I got a hundred dollars off without real haggling. Literally asked 'Will you be willing to go lower" and he asked me to name a price that I thought was reasonable so I did. Both of us were happy with the price and he just so happened to be a firefighter and me an EMT so that kind of helped.

The other funsy's just a PSA pistol I built with an SB Tactical PDW brace and a meme of a FCG. Used Franklin Armory's BFS III in it and it's an absolute joy to mag dump with. Probably going to put a Geissele SSA once my new SSA-E arrives and I get it into my 16 incher with the ACOG.

Planning on selling my Glock 17 Gen 4 to a buddy of mine and using that money to work on a Glock 19 Roland Special using a Polymer 80 V2 Compact frame.

image_9.jpg

image.jpg

17 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

After seeing a few AR pistols in Demolition Ranch videos, I realized how much I just like them.

Love watching Dr Matt :)

1 hour ago, ArtoriaPendragon said:

SB Tactical PDW brace

How do you like that ^ brace? I am shopping for one to use in my 458 SOCOM pistol build.

15 hours ago, george357 said:

How do you like that ^ brace? I am shopping for one to use in my 458 SOCOM pistol build.

It feels great. The rubber's solid enough to shoulder and maintain good control while still being flexible to be a brace. I've only shot 5.56 and .223 out of mine though so I don't know if the rubber's gonna flex more with the .458's recoil. 

On 7/10/2018 at 11:11 AM, knightslugger said:

Dave over at Liberty Suppressors just released the Vector, a modular .22LR suppressor that actually sounds really good from the video. Baffles are stacked up and held together by the tube, but the tube doesn't actually touch the baffle stack at all, which gives "user serviceability" a whole new meaning in the .22 LR/Mag market. often times i see really tight mating of the outer tube to the baffle stack, and if you're the kind of shooter that doesn't really clean often, or goes through a ton of ammo at a range session, chances of getting a .22LR can apart can be REALLY FRUSTRATING. This thing you can shoot 2000 rounds and the whole thing comes apart with very little effort.

and for $350 + $200 tax ... that's appealing.

https://libertycans.net/vector-22lr-rimfire-silencer/

I have been looking into Liberty Suppressors for awhile now and I think that is what I will go with for my 7.62 build or I might do their all in one can but Im not sure what I want to do yet.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

4 hours ago, Poohy14 said:

I have been looking into Liberty Suppressors for awhile now and I think that is what I will go with for my 7.62 build or I might do their all in one can but Im not sure what I want to do yet.

The Leonidas is a can without equal. It's unreal. Pretty much everything Dave makes over there is top quality.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

11 hours ago, ArtoriaPendragon said:

It feels great. The rubber's solid enough to shoulder and maintain good control while still being flexible to be a brace. I've only shot 5.56 and .223 out of mine though so I don't know if the rubber's gonna flex more with the .458's recoil. 

Thanks for the info!

On 7/8/2018 at 4:34 PM, kaiju_wars said:

5b428301d80b2_newreddot.PNG.e0729ea33e4f126f1d2fd6f62a8003df.PNG

Decided to get a red dot for my AR-15.  I decided to try Bushnell, I've heard they make really great budget optics, so why not.

I bought one a month or so ago (bought one that came with a riser) and after 3 trips to the range I am quite pleased with it.

After a few hundred rounds of 5.56/.223 it has held zero so far and the dot is clear at all angles from center of the optic to the very edges.

I do wish the dot had a few higher brightness setting as I find I have to go straight to max (11) when using the dot outdoors, but past that, for the money, I can't complain.

8 hours ago, Snadzies said:

I bought one a month or so ago (bought one that came with a riser) and after 3 trips to the range I am quite pleased with it.

After a few hundred rounds of 5.56/.223 it has held zero so far and the dot is clear at all angles from center of the optic to the very edges.

I do wish the dot had a few higher brightness setting as I find I have to go straight to max (11) when using the dot outdoors, but past that, for the money, I can't complain.

Yeah, I ended up having to get a 1 inch riser for it.  It should be here tomorrow.

I actually sold three of my firearms to fund my pc build lol.  The Cz Scorpion was the hardest to get rid of, I loved shooting it. 

20171215_235254.jpg

10 hours ago, CorruptedSanity said:

I actually sold three of my firearms to fund my pc build lol.  The Cz Scorpion was the hardest to get rid of, I loved shooting it. 

what was the other two you sold?

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Poohy14 said:

what was the other two you sold?

Cz 75b omega 9mm and a smith & Wesson m&p .45.  The only restricted I have now is a 1984 cz 75 (pre b) that was my father's before he passed in '07.

20161223_154646.jpg

20161223_154656.jpg

11 hours ago, CorruptedSanity said:

sold three of my firearms to fund my pc build

Not worth it.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

Not worth it.

meh... i could do without a few of my firearms. My DMR could probably scamper off. not a terrible firearm really. quite accurate actually, but I just don't use it for anything. frustrating. I have an unfinished Anderson Machine lower that i don't even know what to do with, love my SBR carbine, but again... nothing to use it against. I've got a plethora of handguns, two of which i actually use (one carry, one house).

I really only shoot my precision rifle. And that's not that often these days.

Without a doubt, i could thin the collection a tad.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

So new to the R700 world. So, I picked this rifle up a couple of weeks ago and me and some friends are doing a $600 rifle build off for 1000 yards. I picked this rifle up for $250 and its in 7mm Rem Mag. So what do you recommend getting for this competition? I know, I need a new scope for sure because the stock one really sucks. Also, to mention that this is a 2 lug bolt. So if you have any ideas what to do for this let me know please. I have been doing a little research myself but I also thought i would ask other people since I am very new to the platform and not sure of all of the products out there yet.

HeWwaLx.jpg

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Poohy14 said:

So new to the R700 world. So, I picked this rifle up a couple of weeks ago and me and some friends are doing a $600 rifle build off for 1000 yards. I picked this rifle up for $250 and its in 7mm Rem Mag. So what do you recommend getting for this competition? I know, I need a new scope for sure because the stock one really sucks. Also, to mention that this is a 2 lug bolt. So if you have any ideas what to do for this let me know please. I have been doing a little research myself but I also thought i would ask other people since I am very new to the platform and not sure of all of the products out there yet.

HeWwaLx.jpg

Definitely should pick up a proper stock for it since the stock (haha) one isn't going to cut the mustard for consistent 1000 yard groups. Hogue makes pretty good stocks for what they're priced at but if you want to look tacticool Magpul has a set for your needs. Double check that the stock you're getting is for the long-action. 

Do you have a magazine floor plate? If not then you're looking for stocks that are "blind magazine" like the one from Remington or buy the parts to convert it. If you choose the Magpul route, you'll be able to make it detachable magazine fed. 

Harris bipod is a must, don't cheap out on it.

Nothing wrong with two lug, so long as they are lapped together well. Take the bolt out, use some marking die on the back of the bolt lugs, and chamber a spent case (one that came from the rifle recently). extract, and inspect the bolt lugs. the wear on the lugs should be uniform.

Are you shooting factory ammunition, or are you reloading?

System specs:

So my rear flip up iron sight broke, so I had to order another set of 45 degree offsets.  Same set I got for my hi-point.

I know I could just co-witness with my red dot, but I’ve never cared for doing that, tbh, especially with how small this red dot is.