Smoking Barrels - LTT's Unnofficial Gun Club!

Jack.EXE
On 7/3/2018 at 10:36 AM, Drak3 said:

Let me know how that holds up, I want to use one on my next upper build.

holds up pretty good, make life a little easier to control the gas pressure with the round that I am using that is known to fail in the AR platform. But I haven't had any issues with 400 rounds after it was setup properly.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

1 hour ago, Poohy14 said:

holds up pretty good, make life a little easier to control the gas pressure with the round that I am using that is known to fail in the AR platform. But I haven't had any issues with 400 rounds after it was setup properly.

Good to know, now all I need to do is decide what I want to do with my next build.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Got that issue with my AR fixed.  It's not jamming up like it was anymore, so that's good.  

Just glad to get it working again.  

Also got to go out shooting today.  AR performed great.  It was getting a casing stuck in the chamber, where I had to hammer it out, after about 30 or 40 rounds.  Went through 110 rounds no issue.

Fired my compact 1911 since changing out the grip safety.  It helped some, a lot better than that beaver tail... but I still prefer a full sized handgun for .45.  Took my little Jennings J-22 out.  My uncle said to try CCI ammo, and it helped a lot, but still jammed more than I'd like.  Instead of Mini Mags, I think I'll try Stingers next.

Also my buddy got a Mosin-Nagant, an actual Soviet Union one, made in 1944.  It was fun to fire.  I've never fired anything chambered in 7.62x54 before this.  I'd say closest thing it reminded me of that I have fired would be .308.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Range report.

I got to bring my X95 Tavor and my S&W AR-15 to a ranger longer than 50 yards!

A friend of mine and his neighbour are members of a shooting range and they took me and my cousin there as guests.

They have ranges that go out to 300 yards but only at certain times of the day and unfortunately the weather conspired against us so we were not able to go to the range till after the 200 and 300 yard areas closed.

Still, 100 yards is further than I'd shot and that was plenty challenging enough for me and my red (green) dots.

I was able to get all my shots to land on a 12"x12" target with the majority of the hits landing in the 6" ring around the bullseye.

Being the novice shooter I am, using unmagnified red dots, I was quite content with the results.

Like my experience at my local 50 yard range, I was more accurate with my AR, but I MUCH prefer the X95's compact size and rear weight balance.

On 7/2/2018 at 7:01 PM, Drak3 said:

357 Magnum

Awwww yisss.

Been meaning to get one of those in stainless.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

5b428301d80b2_newreddot.PNG.e0729ea33e4f126f1d2fd6f62a8003df.PNG

Decided to get a red dot for my AR-15.  I decided to try Bushnell, I've heard they make really great budget optics, so why not.

More gun stuffs.

0BD21B76-4A6C-438A-84A3-3741B876840C.thumb.png.93d873a9eceec0372616fcaa971f3a0c.png

I looked up several reviews for it.  They all said it was a solid flashlight.  I’ve been wanting a flashlight for my AR.  I have Quad rails, and most pics I’ve seen people have it on the right rail, but I’m thinking of putting it on the bottom rail.  I have an angle forgrip and this way I can just flick my index finger forward and turn it on, instead of having to reach over/around the rifle.

14 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

More gun stuffs.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=17c10421afdc6db8*SNIP*

I looked up several reviews for it.  They all said it was a solid flashlight.  I’ve been wanting a flashlight for my AR.  I have Quad rails, and most pics I’ve seen people have it on the right rail, but I’m thinking of putting it on the bottom rail.  I have an angle forgrip and this way I can just flick my index finger forward and turn it on, instead of having to reach over/around the rifle.

I'm right handed so I prefer the light at either the 9 o'clock or 10:30 position, but a good buddy of mine likes his lights on the 6 o'clock location with a pressure pad on top. 

Try it in a few spots and see what works out well for you.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

27 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I'm right handed so I prefer the light at either the 9 o'clock or 10:30 position, but a good buddy of mine likes his lights on the 6 o'clock location with a pressure pad on top. 

Try it in a few spots and see what works out well for you.

It’s probably what I’ll try, cause I don’t know how I’ll orient the flashlight yet.

I’m also thinking of getting a riser for that red dot, I hear they sit pretty damn low, that bushnell one that is 

5 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

It’s probably what I’ll try, cause I don’t know how I’ll orient the flashlight yet.

I’m also thinking of getting a riser for that red dot, I hear they sit pretty damn low, that bushnell one that is 

I havent used that particular optic, but based on the pic it does look very low. But I know it's a fairly popular optic so I bet there are some good riser options out there for it. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

2 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I havent used that particular optic, but based on the pic it does look very low. But I know it's a fairly popular optic so I bet there are some good riser options out there for it. 

Well it’s just regular picatinny so I could probably just do with a cheap riser off of amazon to be honest.  I’ll see how low it rides before ordering one though.

Dave over at Liberty Suppressors just released the Vector, a modular .22LR suppressor that actually sounds really good from the video. Baffles are stacked up and held together by the tube, but the tube doesn't actually touch the baffle stack at all, which gives "user serviceability" a whole new meaning in the .22 LR/Mag market. often times i see really tight mating of the outer tube to the baffle stack, and if you're the kind of shooter that doesn't really clean often, or goes through a ton of ammo at a range session, chances of getting a .22LR can apart can be REALLY FRUSTRATING. This thing you can shoot 2000 rounds and the whole thing comes apart with very little effort.

and for $350 + $200 tax ... that's appealing.

https://libertycans.net/vector-22lr-rimfire-silencer/

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

On 3/29/2018 at 7:19 PM, Drak3 said:

Let me know how they hold up.

Hey, I know it’s been a few months, but I don’t get to go shooting super often.

But those 45 degree iron sights are holding up well.  They hold zero and have stayed firmly in place.  I like them.

4 hours ago, DeLorian said:

What do you think about Glock 19?

They're great guns, and after you put a bunch of money into them they become even better guns.

download_20170629_072143.png

They're average guns, with a grip angle that is a love it or hate it afair. They're nothing special, and the most overhyped guns IMO.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

My cousin didn’t like the feel of it. If you haven’t held it, you should hold one at a store. 

59 minutes ago, fpo said:

My cousin didn’t like the feel of it. If you haven’t held it, you should hold one at a store. 

I'm the same. couldn't get over the grip angle.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

19 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

I'm the same. couldn't get over the grip angle.

That’s what my cousin said. He didn’t like the m&c compact either. He got some ruger compact I posted about a page or 2 ago. No picture as I didn’t know if there was a serial number or not. 

image.jpg

This red dot is tiny.  It's smaller than my other red dot which is on my Hi-Point.  I knew it wasn't going to be huge, I just wasn't guessing it'd be this small.  Oh well, it works.  I do need to get a riser for it though.

On 7/10/2018 at 9:42 AM, kaiju_wars said:

Well it’s just regular picatinny so I could probably just do with a cheap riser off of amazon to be honest.  I’ll see how low it rides before ordering one though.

This is how it sits on my 458 SOCOM with a medium riser (I think its medium). I only used it so I could full co-witness with my BUIS.

5b47dcbbede20_20180710_172028-Copy.thumb.jpg.8804e39501ad09923e5709426d8a179c.jpg

1 hour ago, george357 said:

my 458 SOCOM

Custom DIY or a prebuilt? How much did/would the upper cost?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 hour ago, george357 said:

This is how it sits on my 458 SOCOM with a medium riser (I think its medium). I only used it so I could full co-witness with my BUIS.

5b47dcbbede20_20180710_172028-Copy.thumb.jpg.8804e39501ad09923e5709426d8a179c.jpg

I ordered a 1 inch riser, which seems to be the average from most of the reviews on Amazon.  I don't care for co-witnessing with my optics and iron sights, so I have 45 degree offset iron sights.

16 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Custom DIY or a prebuilt? How much did/would the upper cost?

Customish, bought the upper from Radical Firearms in Texas. I bought it like two years back +/- and the upper was $599 USD I think. They can be found now around the $400+ mark in the right sale. Rest of it I DIY'd 

17 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

I ordered a 1 inch riser, which seems to be the average from most of the reviews on Amazon.  I don't care for co-witnessing with my optics and iron sights, so I have 45 degree offset iron sights.

I tried the offset but didn't really like that for my uses while hunting. The tall would have given me a bit better cheek weld I think.