I got my Maxnomic chair, but it's not as good as i hoped...

samcool55

Hi!

So, today it was finally it, time to put together my maxnomic chair!

Now, i found some imperfections i don't like. But is it just me being picky or is it really like it is?

I mean i paid 300 euros for it so i expected perfection, but it isn't...

Couple of things i don't like: The things where your shouders lean against are hollow, there is just a metal bar in it with leather around it, but it's actually empty and not that comfy when i'm laying back.

The cushion where my butt sits on is actually not mounted straight, it's 2-3cm off (1-1.5 inch)

The right plastic piece that covers the metal mounting part that holds the back seat is bended like hell and the other cover that covers the leaning mechanism is also not that good.

Sooo is it just me expecting too much or are these things that should be right and are just faulty with my seat?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

So you should change the location on your profile then!

That being said, a crooked seat is going to mess up your spine bad if it's actually crooked. Return it.

So you should change the location on your profile then!

That being said, a crooked seat is going to mess up your spine bad if it's actually crooked. Return it.

Lol i have that location for a long time.

When you sit in it you don't feel any imperfection, but the cushion where my butt sits on is a bit off because you can see when you look at the back of the the cushion sticks out a bit at the right side, and it doesn't have that on the left. And with the sides for you shoulders i only feel that when i'm trying to take a nap in it, but when i'm just sitting properly like now i'm fine so i'm not going to return it, it's just i expected more for 300 euros and i wanted to know if i should have gotten a better chair or if it's normal for 300 euros you have these things...

That's why I bought a DXRacer chair

Yea i wanted to get one, but they are only available in 1 shop as a pre-order and no date for when they arrive, they are like that for 2-3 months now so god knows how long it will take for them to get there, and the shop is sh*t so not taking any risks.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Yea i wanted to get one, but they are only available in 1 shop as a pre-order and no date for when they arrive, they are like that for 2-3 months now so god knows how long it will take for them to get there, and the shop is sh*t so not taking any risks.

I got my dx chair in 12 days.

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

Well that sounds dissapointing, i would say try to return it. If you get a replacement tho, I would be really interested in your review with positives as well. I want to get a chair and i have a hard time deciding between the two big brands.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

I have a Herman Miller Aeron. They don't have the street appeal of a DX Racer but they are 100% the best chair I have ever used.

You can sit in that seat for 24hours straight and get out without any soreness at all. They are amazing. You don't sit in them and go, "oh god this is SOOOOOOOOOOO comfortable" but whenever you get out you never think "I've been sitting in here wrong, or for too long"

Considering they are around $1000(AUD) new you can get them quite cheaply on eBay if you keep an eye out.

Well that sounds dissapointing, i would say try to return it. If you get a replacement tho, I would be really interested in your review with positives as well. I want to get a chair and i have a hard time deciding between the two big brands.

Sadly a replacement probably won't solve all my issues, i mean the shoulder pieces are always empty and the plastic covers are probably also always like mine.

The only thing that might be fixed is the butt cushion that's a bit off.

This is basically why you don't buy "gaming" chairs.

I've been using the same chair for the past couple of years and I've had 0 complaints so far. And I spend less than $100 on it!

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

This is basically why you don't buy "gaming" chairs.

I've been using the same chair for the past couple of years and I've had 0 complaints so far. And I spend less than $100 on it!

I had 2 cheap chairs and each of them lasted 2-3 years, and they were also under 100 bucks, but they are bad for my back D: But comfy as hell! And the last one was actually too big for my desk so i was never in an ergonomic position D: 

I had 2 cheap chairs and each of them lasted 2-3 years, and they were also under 100 bucks, but they are bad for my back D: But comfy as hell! And the last one was actually too big for my desk so i was never in an ergonomic position D: 

The one I have is heavenly. Since I have major back problems (my spine is basically a warzone, tattered and torn), chairs are always troublesome, specially if I have to sit in one for more than a couple of hours.

It looks kinda like this, but the back isn't all meshy (it's solid) and the armrests are a bit different. Not the exact same model, closest I could find on short notice

8003313_3.jpg

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Just go to Ikea and get a MARKUS chair. Don't pay for those stupid gaming chairs.

We use those at work. They're jawesome. If you don't fall asleep on them and fall over, that is.

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Precisely why I bought a IKEA Markus because I couldn't afford a Herman Miller but I still wanted a fairly ergonomic chair.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

So, today it was finally it, time to put together my maxnomic chair!

Now, i found some imperfections i don't like. But is it just me being picky or is it really like it is?

I mean i paid 300 euros for it so i expected perfection, but it isn't...

Couple of things i don't like: The things where your shouders lean against are hollow, there is just a metal bar in it with leather around it, but it's actually empty and not that comfy when i'm laying back.

The cushion where my butt sits on is actually not mounted straight, it's 2-3cm off (1-1.5 inch)

The right plastic piece that covers the metal mounting part that holds the back seat is bended like hell and the other cover that covers the leaning mechanism is also not that good.

Sooo is it just me expecting too much or are these things that should be right and are just faulty with my seat?

Ya I had the same thing happen. I purchased a chair that they claimed was for my height and weight and it was TINY. After speaking to customer service, I had them send me the XL chair because they do not sell a middle sized chair; only small and large. The supposed middle sized chair is actually 2 inches narrower than the Pro Gaming model, not larger. The XL series they sent me {after I had to pay an additional $40 in shipping} had the same problems as listed above with the addition of the armrest mounting holes also not being level so that one armrest sits farther forward than the other one. Complete crap. After speaking yet again to customer service via email, I requested a return label to send it back for a refund and was informed that I will have to pay a THIRD shipping to return defective merchandise. The next day I called them direct and spoke to someone and after explaining yet again all the problems I have had I requested a full refund because I do not intend to pay for return shipping on defective merchandise. I guess we will see what happens...

Got mine two days ago (Leader Orange), I was sick of having to replace my standard office store chair once a year. Unfortunately, I had a bent plastic cover, too, but other than that, quality seems to be quite alright. All parts and mounting holes lined up perfectly, the whole thing feels pretty solid.

Now I have to say that it doesn't seem any more comfortable than the cheapo versions at first, but I guess it'll stay that way much longer due to the quality design. With the others, I'd sit on the chipboard after only a few months with my butt hurting after a 2 hr session.

Got mine two days ago (Leader Orange), I was sick of having to replace my standard office store chair once a year. Unfortunately, I had a bent plastic cover, too, but other than that, quality seems to be quite alright. All parts and mounting holes lined up perfectly, the whole thing feels pretty solid.

Now I have to say that it doesn't seem any more comfortable than the cheapo versions at first, but I guess it'll stay that way much longer due to the quality design. With the others, I'd sit on the chipboard after only a few months with my butt hurting after a 2 hr session.

Yea it seems to be very durable so that's something. I have tried a DX yesterday and tbh, it's a bit better. But that might be because it was used already a lot more and the cushions were a bit softer because of it. Didn't get the chance to check the details but overall they are so similar it doesn't really matter. Maybe it's different if you get one that's like really expensive like 500 bucks but didn't got the chance testing them. There was one, but it was in a plexi box.

For the money I dont think they are that great, though I have not spent long sat in one I would much rather spend my money on a proper high quality chair than one of these "gamer chairs"

unless there are some that are genuinely good, I am willing to be proven wrong, but I doubt it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

All of these gaming chairs are shitty. I hate to break it to you guys, but nice chairs are expensive. And no, 300 eruro's isn't expensive. The chair I use in my office was 1300 dollars each, and there are quite a few of them. These flashy racing style seats are cheaply made shit. You're literally better off buying a used office chair on craigslist and using the base to screw an automotive grade racing seat onto it. It's basically what they have done, but they have arm rests. I guess you just have to figure that part out. 

Just go to Ikea and get a MARKUS chair. Don't pay for those stupid gaming chairs.

EDIT: Picture, so you don't have to search.

20143_woca01a_office_chairs_PH123624.jpg

I hate mesh on chairs, long period sitting, it will rubs against my back and make me feel uncomfortable (speaking from experience), thats why i have a full leather chair now, just $50 one from staples

All of these gaming chairs are shitty. I hate to break it to you guys, but nice chairs are expensive. And no, 300 eruro's isn't expensive. The chair I use in my office was 1300 dollars each, and there are quite a few of them. These flashy racing style seats are cheaply made shit. You're literally better off buying a used office chair on craigslist and using the base to screw an automotive grade racing seat onto it. It's basically what they have done, but they have arm rests. I guess you just have to figure that part out. 

thats not a nice thing to say. I have a $50 one from staples and couldnt be happier. But im just a poor college kid, not a ceo like u so what do i know

100% this

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

thats not a nice thing to say. I have a $50 one from staples and couldnt be happier. But im just a poor college kid, not a ceo like u so what do i know

What isn't a nice thing to say? That these chairs are cheap shit? This has nothing to do with the amount of money you make. If you can spend 300 euros on a cheap shitty chair you can spend 300 on a better chair that doesn't scream "I'm 16 look at me" or you could build your own for about the same price that are much better quality. 

I totally understand where you're coming from. A "gaming" chair per se isn't the greatest thing there is and there are way better solutions out there.

Those Maxnomic/DX chairs are way above and beyond your typical staples chair, though. And that at maybe a 100-150 $ more.

I don't see them as "gaming" chairs at all (I consider it silly really)—to me, they are just ergonimcally formed chairs. Get a black one and it may just fit into a business environment.

So yes, I'll take any Herman Millers in the world, but if there's a monetary limit, I can really recommend this chair. It won't hurt your back in the long run like those really cheap ones do and you won't have to replace it every single year because it's worn out.

I recommend taking a look at their website where they cut up one of theirs and a cheap-o, it's a world of difference.

If you want a comfortable chair, dont get something that is modeled after a racing seat. In a car, a racing seat is not designed to be comfortable but to be safe and hold the drive during fast cornering. If you want a comfortable chair, get something that is made for that purpose like a normal office chair.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz