IPS, IPS, IPS.... what IPS???

Tech Lover

i have said it here on LTT many times. i m from PAKISTAN.

Sorry about that. Yes it is true you said that several times.

However, because you are not mentioning your location in your profile, to show under your avatar, mixed with the fact that you don't have an avatar beside the generic new account picture, it is difficult for us, at least me, to identify you. They are many users on this forum, it's hard to keep track. That is also why some people put their computer specification in their signature, so that they don't need to repeat themselves a million and one time when they request help for an issue.

There is no monitor out there that really satisfies me. TN colors are not good enough. And IPS monitors have poor black levels; which is a shame because they shine in other areas. CRTs can be great but take too much space and have to be perfectly configured.

Still waiting for more breakthroughs in display tech...

There is no monitor out there that really satisfies me. TN colors are not good enough. And IPS monitors have poor black levels; which is a shame because they shine in other areas. CRTs can be great but take too much space and have to be perfectly configured.

Still waiting for more breakthroughs in display tech...

You are funny. OLED has a list of issues as well, and that's the next gen technology in display.

IPS is the way to go, all that matters is which one... Preferebly the one with lowest total lag.

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

IPS is the way to go, all that matters is which one... Preferebly the one with lowest total lag.

and which one that would be?

Current Rig: Intel core i7 4770K Stock 4.5G, Asus Maximus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 16Gb (8Gx2), 2x SLi Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 2Gb GDDR5 3X Windforce Edition, Corsair Hydro Series H100i (Push), JDS LABS O2/ODAC combo, Fiio E18 KUNLUN, Asus Xonar Essence STX (secondary PC), Sennheiser HD700, Hifiman HE 400i, Beyerdynamics DT 990 PRO 250 Ohm, Sennheiser HD 518, Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W 80+, Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced, Samsun4g DVD R/W Combo, 3X Cooler Master 120mm Blue LED fans, LG IPS 23EA73, Logitech G710 BLUE, BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Edition,Logitech G402 HYPERION FURY, Bloody Core V7, SteelSeries QcK Mass MiBR mouse pad

Maybe Dell U2312HM / Dell 2412M or some of 2013 monitors

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

Dell S2740L is this any good IPS? i found it here available for me to buy after about 6 days of online search... :(

Current Rig: Intel core i7 4770K Stock 4.5G, Asus Maximus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 16Gb (8Gx2), 2x SLi Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 2Gb GDDR5 3X Windforce Edition, Corsair Hydro Series H100i (Push), JDS LABS O2/ODAC combo, Fiio E18 KUNLUN, Asus Xonar Essence STX (secondary PC), Sennheiser HD700, Hifiman HE 400i, Beyerdynamics DT 990 PRO 250 Ohm, Sennheiser HD 518, Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W 80+, Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced, Samsun4g DVD R/W Combo, 3X Cooler Master 120mm Blue LED fans, LG IPS 23EA73, Logitech G710 BLUE, BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Edition,Logitech G402 HYPERION FURY, Bloody Core V7, SteelSeries QcK Mass MiBR mouse pad

If you like watching yourself in the mirror-monitor it's cool :) (in other words: it has a GLOSSY/GLASS panel, not anti-reflective). Besides that it's probably a good monitor I guess...

Beside being glossy and non adjustable, its a very entry level IPS panel. Also its input sucks.

I would suggest something else, unless budget blocks you.

Beside being glossy and non adjustable, its a very entry level IPS panel. Also its input sucks.

what the hell???? this is kinda getting on to my nerves....pcmonitors.info gave it a solid 80 rating and they did talk about input lag being the least of IPS in this price range... and u guys saying its input sucks??? http://pcmonitors.info/reviews/dell-s2740l

tftcentral checked its input lag and put it in class 1 with great performance for gaming...accourding to their calculations its input lag is @average 4ms and @maximum 4ms which is great for an IPS panel. 

http://postimg.org/image/3nuidynw5/

here check the review

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_s2740l.htm

what is wrong with this monitor? glossy? i have no concerns with it being glossy. i have my rig in kinda dark room which stays dark most of the time so no issues.and i can also get my Energy saver bulb to the side walls of the room and hell i even have one behind my desk so no issues of reflection... (i guess)

Then buy it. Easy.

Are you considering to change ur CPU too ?

i5 3570k | EVGA GTX 670 FTW | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz | Crucial M4 128GB | WD 1 TB Black |

Are you considering to change ur CPU too ?

well today is the INDEPENDENCE DAY of my country :D (HELL YEAH!)  :P

i will be getting my stuff today. i will upgrade everything other than HDD.

im getting i7 4770K build :d

Yeah, and let me ask something...They all tell you that "if you a FPS gamer then you definitely should buy 120Hz/144Hz monitor" and "if you a PROFESSIONAL FOTO/VIDEO EDITOR then you definitely buy IPS monitor" ! BUT what if someone actually plays FPS game genre and also other game genres, watching movies and browsing and want to have good colors??? I guess today we only have two opposite choises and that sucks big time! Well, not everyone has money or space to actually buy TWO monitors or more(O.o).

IPS looks better. You really only need a 120/144 hz display if you are gaming at a competitive level.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

IPS looks better. You really only need a 120/144 hz display if you are gaming at a competitive level.

u are right but the monitor input lag is something to keep in mind as well.

u see, u can have a monitor @ 1000Hz refresh rate but if it has very high input lag and slow panel, its useless!

the big time example of this scenario is Asus and BenQ 144Hz monitors. those are just ur normal TN panels BUT, they are very fast being TN. what both manufacturers did is they overclocked the Panels themselves to 144Hz refresh rates. and thats pretty much it!

u need a FAST panel for gaming not necessarily the one with HIGH refresh rates. yes refresh rate does add to the experience but my point of this comment is, Fast panels with higher refresh rate=WIN WIN, but Slow panels with high refresh rates= USELESS

what the hell???? this is kinda getting on to my nerves....pcmonitors.info gave it a solid 80 rating and they did talk about input lag being the least of IPS in this price range... and u guys saying its input sucks??? http://pcmonitors.info/reviews/dell-s2740l

?!?

Inputs does not equal input lag. Inputs are your monitor well inputs: DVI, VGA, DisplayPort, HDMI, etc.

input lag, is processing the signal.

Unless you do competitive playing of FPS games, input lag of 30ms is considered good. Most monitors are under 30ms.

Nearly all TV's have input lag of over 100ms, and no one complains. Heck some people uses their TVs as a computer monitor. Even after the WiiU was released, showing you how bad the input lag of your TV is, no one cares.

But if you are seeking for the lowest input lag. Look no further at the super fast internal circuit from EIZO, (EIZO is a Japanese professional grade monitor manufacture, quiet popular among the pro's. They always done pro grade or specialty (air port traffic, medical, surgey, etc.. monitors), until recently, with their first gaming IPS monitor. Hence why you probably never heard about them./

The monitor is the EIZO FORIS FS2333. A ~0ms input lag monitor. The lowest input lag monitor you can find, thanks to the super fast processor used in the panel.

Product: http://www.eizo.com/global/products/foris/fs2333/

In depth Review: http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2012/review-eizo-foris-fs2333-bk.html

?!?

Inputs does not equal input lag. Inputs are your monitor well inputs: DVI, VGA, DisplayPort, HDMI, etc.

Unless you do competitive playing of FPS games, input lag of 30ms is considered good. Most monitors are under 30ms.

Nearly all TV's have input lag of over 100ms, and no one complains. Heck some people uses their TVs as a computer monitor. Even after the WiiU was released, showing you how bad the input lag of your TV is, no one cares.

But if you are seeking for the lowest input lag. Look no further at the super fast internal circuit from EIZO, (EIZO is a Japanese professional grade monitor manufacture, quiet popular among the pro's. They always done pro grade or specialty (air port traffic, medical, surgey, etc.. monitors), until recently, with their first gaming IPS monitor. Hence why you probably never heard about them./

The monitor is the EIZO FORIS FS2333. A ~0ms input lag monitor. The lowest input lag monitor you can find, thanks to the super fast processor used in the panel.

In depth Review: http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2012/review-eizo-foris-fs2333-bk.html

dont know how many times do i have to clarify it here but the issue i am facing is availability.

i cant get this monitor here.

u r right. this is a very good monitor. but the fact is this is also not the perfect monitor. infact there is no perfect monitor.

if i were in USA or UK or any other developed country where amazon or other retailers were available i would not have even made a thread here. i would have just gone to the store and get the one i want so badly!

well u guys might actually be viewing my threads on BUILD LOGS part of this forum :D

any ways i have purchased the DELL S2740L AH-IPS monitor and other stuff for my build. i will soon be making a thread about my build.

right now im just finding some to get modding of my CM 690 II Advanced started :D

im trying to fit Corsair H110 into it... hope its successful... *fingers crossed* :p

u are right but the monitor input lag is something to keep in mind as well.

u see, u can have a monitor @ 1000Hz refresh rate but if it has very high input lag and slow panel, its useless!

the big time example of this scenario is Asus and BenQ 144Hz monitors. those are just ur normal TN panels BUT, they are very fast being TN. what both manufacturers did is they overclocked the Panels themselves to 144Hz refresh rates. and thats pretty much it!

u need a FAST panel for gaming not necessarily the one with HIGH refresh rates. yes refresh rate does add to the experience but my point of this comment is, Fast panels with higher refresh rate=WIN WIN, but Slow panels with high refresh rates= USELESS

Several ms in latency is nothing to worry about and I doubt you could tell the difference if your life depended on it.

IPS panels are slower in spec but it's still latency so low that you wouldn't notice.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Several ms in latency is nothing to worry about and I doubt you could tell the difference if your life depended on it.

IPS panels are slower in spec but it's still latency so low that you wouldn't notice.

lol u and i both are talking about the same thing again and again....  B)

?!?

wow nice find ive never heard of the brand. Anyone know where I can find a nice IPS 4:3?