Windows 10 microsoft account issues

I have a local windows admin account. Every time I try to sign in to my microsoft account for cortana, the windows store, etc. a dialogue box flashes for a split second then goes away. If I try to click "sign in with a microsoft account instead" under user account settings it does the same thing. Even when I try to add a family or a new account it does this also. I was able to add a new microsoft account through the command prompt, and I can sign in and everything works perfectly there. When I use that account, the store works, cortana works, and everything syncs properly. The only problem is that none of my settings or anything are right as it's a completely fresh account. When I go back to my local account, the dialogue box keeps going away immediately after it pops up. Is there a way I can simply merge the new account with my old one or link it together somehow? I want everything set up exactly like it is on my local admin account, except just being able to sign in with my microsoft account also for things like cortana and the app store.

I have a local windows admin account. Every time I try to sign in to my microsoft account for cortana, the windows store, etc. a dialogue box flashes for a split second then goes away. If I try to click "sign in with a microsoft account instead" under user account settings it does the same thing. Even when I try to add a family or a new account it does this also. I was able to add a new microsoft account through the command prompt, and I can sign in and everything works perfectly there. When I use that account, the store works, cortana works, and everything syncs properly. The only problem is that none of my settings or anything are right as it's a completely fresh account. When I go back to my local account, the dialogue box keeps going away immediately after it pops up. Is there a way I can simply merge the new account with my old one or link it together somehow? I want everything set up exactly like it is on my local admin account, except just being able to sign in with my microsoft account also for things like cortana and the app store.

you basically have to choose

do you wanna use cortana and have ms know everything about you...or just totally ignore all that ms bs and not have cortana work

you gotta decide

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile