bsod after overclocking

legopc

it has been a few days after i overclocked my i3 550 to 4ghz and i think it has been stable and i have stress tested it for about 2 hours i have not upped the voltage but today while i was playing world of tanks i got a bsod i could not write down the code becus i had not disabled the reboot after making dump file thingy but the temps where not going above 41 degrees i dont know if this is the overclocking or my mem i have no idea and could anyone tell me what that program was called that lets you check the couse the dump file:http://www.2shared.com/file/fSHLh5gr/081113-7644-01_-_kopie.html

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

You have to lower your overclock, your CPU is unstable.

:( will do i will lower it to 3.8 

-Adolf Hitler 

but im wandering why it gave a bsod it was working fine wasnt getting hot i have stress tested it for a little while and it is working normal for about 8-10 days 

-Adolf Hitler 

but im wandering why it gave a bsod it was working fine wasnt getting hot i have stress tested it for a little while and it is working normal for about 8-10 days 

Not enough voltage/ too many Mhz. You ideally need to stress test for 12-24 hours to ensure it's totally stable.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

Not enough voltage/ too many Mhz. You ideally need to stress test for 12-24 hours to ensure it's totally stable.

yes i understand that but it has been working for 8-10 days 

-Adolf Hitler 

yes i understand that but it has been working for 8-10 days 

Games and general use will not fully stress the CPU to outlaw it's instability issues. A program like Prime95 fully stresses your CPU which will help to uncover any instability you may or may not have.

The Terrible HP

Games and general use will not fully stress the CPU to outlaw it's instability issues. A program like Prime95 fully stresses your CPU which will help to uncover any instability you may or may not have.

i have stress tested it for a few hours 

-Adolf Hitler 

i have stress tested it for a few hours 

You stated in your original post that you stress tested it for 2 hours. This isn't enough time. I would recommend 12-24 hours to ensure it's stable. The majority of my overclocks have BSOD at around 16-17 hours of the tests.

The Terrible HP

You stated in your original post that you stress tested it for 2 hours. This isn't enough time. I would recommend 12-24 hours to ensure it's stable. The majority of my overclocks have BSOD at around 16-17 hours of the tests.

ok will do 

-Adolf Hitler 

It can work fine for several days, but then something slightly different will occur and it will make a mistake with it's calculations, triggering the BSOD. You could leave the OC at 4GHz, but increase the voltage a bit because it's clearly nearly stable, but not quite.

HTTP/2 203

• 2 weeks later...

It can work fine for several days, but then something slightly different will occur and it will make a mistake with it's calculations, triggering the BSOD. You could leave the OC at 4GHz, but increase the voltage a bit because it's clearly nearly stable, but not quite.

i cant increase my voltage i dont have those fancy overclocking thingys on my mobo.... 

-Adolf Hitler