THE POWER CELL - ZenModz "COMPLETED"

ZenModz

Yeah, this case looks genuinely good. Better than a lot of mid - range cases in terms of workmanship and thoughtfulne

Thanks ShaolinBear,  :D 

Imagination is just as important as knowledge.

nice creative idea!! and it looks amazing too!  got in late but I can't wait to see the finished product!

Thank you Old_Chicken,  your not late at all, it's just getting started. :P

Hello again.

Today I fitted a flow indicator into one of the back pillars so it can be seen from the inside of the case, I also added 2 micro switchers to the bottom front of the case, One switch has a green LED, and the other is blue, One switch will be for the power and the other will be the reset, the blue LED will be the HDD drive light, and the green will be the power light.

uHi0fg1.jpg

SAImWGM.jpg

Thanks again for stopping by and following the build. :)

Very cool build. Very special. Keep it comin'

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H 

Very cool build. Very special. Keep it comin'

Thank you, Dacho. :)

Hello again everyone, Just a small update I have made a dust filter for the GPU as well, That slides out for the side of the pillar for cleaning. And added the mesh. I have done more to the GPU mount. But will have some updates on the weekend.

I have also change the logo it needed redoing the old one was bugging the crap out of me, and the new logo can now be easily made on a CNC or laser cutter if need be. :)

20151029_180403_zpsbg4bflrx.jpg

20151029_180428_zpsdc3sdrek.jpg

20151029_180333_zpsycxdlgfo.jpg

20151029_180323_zpsf3xcsoda.jpg

Thanks for stopping by.

Out of what material is the frame of that dust filter made?

I may be a bit late, but damn. That looks freaking awesome! Can't wait to see it finished!

I may be a bit late, but damn. That looks freaking awesome! Can't wait to see it finished!

Thanks, gipsy danger01, As they say better late then never, :P

Thanks, gipsy danger01, As they say better late then never, [emoji14]

True that[emoji4]

Hello Again,

Still progressing on the Power Cell. I have been adding more details to the outer rims of the case, Still a lot more to do there. I have now also added the lower I-beam arms.  As well as the outlet for the GPU. I will be doing all the side covers for the top and bottom base over the next week. Getting much closer to having it ready for paint.

DoO46YQ.jpg

UOxVu1k.jpg

lpMNmSe.jpg

j1ZZUvO.jpg

dKeLshL.jpg

PGf6Jhu.jpg

Thanks again for stopping by. :)

This looks stunning on  pictures, I bet even better in person.

CPU: I5 4670k @ 4ghz Motherboard: MSI z87 G45 Gaming RAM: 2x 4GB Avexir and Corsair 2x4gb ddr3 @ 1600mhz GPU: MSI GTX 1080 SeaHawk EK PSU: EVGA SuperNova P2 750w Boot SSD: Intel 320 120GB Storage: Crucial 256gb ssd and Samsung 250gb ssd

Damn, this be an awsome build and custom case. Really enjoying the read and looking forward for more modz and builds from You! Keep them updates coming!

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

This looks stunning on  pictures, I bet even better in person.

Thank you Kjaboski, Yes I have been told it dose. And it looks big. :)

Damn, this be an awsome build and custom case. Really enjoying the read and looking forward for more modz and builds from You! Keep them updates coming!

Thank you enRodjavel, I'm glad your liking the build process, I would love to add more step by step pics and give more info but time has it's limits for me at the moment, And I'm not able to work on it full time. But I am looking at build custom PC cases full time later on. :)  

Out of what material is the frame of that dust filter made?

Shhhhh my wife might here you, (wispier) one of her Stockings!. It works relay well too, did the same thing on the fallout case. And the frame is made of the same stuff is the case polyplex :)

Sorry Arby I mist your Question.

Hello again.

Starting to add some lighting to parts of the case. before I start looking at the painting things I need to make sure it's all working and fits. And once all the painting is done. I will fit all the light FX to it again.

This bit is for any one that likes playing with electronics. I have not done this for some time my self. But it's time to do some soldering again. The top dish of the case will have a ring around the outside edge. The plastic around the outside is a translucent white. So the light can be seen the rest of the case is made of a solid white, and will be backed with black paint. This part of the case will pulsate with light behind it.

20151106_191958_zpsshzvtgbe.jpg

LED string,
20151106_192015_zps04yqed3s.jpg

Jaycar kit.
20151106_192048_zpspeeu29sy.jpg

20151106_192123_zps8r8z8gff.jpg

The POWER CELL has been nominated on Bit-Tech for MOTM. If you have a bit-tech account and like this build, Please vote for me,  :) 

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=294473

Thanks again for stopping by.

Hello again time for a new update,

Below is the curving process I used to get the sides done, I placed the inside a thin sheet of alloy that will hold the curve that's needed and heat it up with a heat gun till it forms the same shape then let it cool. After this I have cut a window out and added mesh to it. Still work in progress.

oAPbZmo.jpg

p3TYYkr.jpg

Mdp94x4.jpg

mi4gAu5.jpg

pAmVDHV.jpg

I have also fitted a HX1000i PSU.

TeYnxtU.jpg

3poUc8g.jpg

Finished the front Start/reset.

IS7pev0.jpg

The MoBo armor cover is now done as well.

jrcMHv7.jpg
W1J1HnU.jpg
EaXprYg.jpg

Hear is the Colour theme I'm going to be doing on the out side of the case.

YtWnQsh.jpg

Thanks again for stopping by. :)

Its so nice! You make custom fabrication look easy! (Don't you dare say that it is )

Is the covering over the mobo something you did or a monoblock type deal?

Edit: I looked back to answer my own question.  SO nice!!!!

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q