100hz VS 144hz ...Is there a big difference?

jinroh10

Well if I pay extra 100eur or more to get 144hz I want to have that experience in all my games. Having 144hz in only 1 game is not worth the trade from ips to a tn panel or an ultrawide monitor or whatever (assuming you don't want to pay THAT much to get an ips 144hz monitor...)

What's the point in playing Witcher 3 at 144FPS there is no benefit comapred to 60.

Oh and my monitor is not only IPS, it's the world fastest monitor (inputlag) even faster then TN. So "TN for E-Sports is now officialy gone.

Yet people buy still buy the ROG Swift, thinking they will perform better in FPS games *facepalm*

C8XaIVZ.jpg

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

What's the point in playing Witcher 3 at 144FPS there is no benefit comapred to 60.

Oh and my monitor is not only IPS, it's the world fastest monitor (inputlag) even faster then TN. So "TN for E-Sports is now officialy gone.

Yeah great bro, but you can't speak for everybody, since not everybody will be shopping for a 800usd monitor

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Yeah great bro, but you can't speak for everybody, since not everybody will be shopping for a 800usd monitor

Well if somebody can afford a 980Ti I'm pretty sure someone can afford a decent monitor.

Also bought mine for half the price because it was returned ;)

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Well if somebody can afford a 980Ti I'm pretty sure someone can afford a decent monitor.

Also bought mine for half the price because it was returned ;)

It depends on how much you want to spend on ANY component. Maybe someone else will see more value in a 300$ monitor and get a better, idk, cpu or more ram or an aio. it depends on what is more important to you

It depends on how much you want to spend on ANY component. Maybe someone else will see more value in a 300$ monitor and get a better, idk, cpu or more ram or an aio. it depends on what is more important to you

They could, but then they shouldn't complain on forums that their games look like shit on a 21 inch 1080P TN monitor while their build has two 980Ti's.

Imo the most important part in a build is the monitor, as it is always the bottleneck.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

They could, but then don't complain on forums that their games look like shit on a 21 inch 1080P TN monitor while their build has two 980Ti's.

Imo the most important part in a build is the monitor, as it is always the bottleneck.

True. But those are exceptions, if they went as far as paying for a 980ti, I bet most of them will know what kind of monitor they should pair it with

Imo the most important thig in a build is the gpu, at least for me bcs I'm not upgrading in 3-4years so I rather have a 60hz monitor and spend the extra money on the gpu so it will be able to handle gaming with good settings w/ 60fps

True. But those are exceptions, if they went as far as paying for a 980ti, I bet most of them will know what kind of monitor they should pair it with

Imo the most important thig in a build is the gpu, at least for me bcs I'm not upgrading in 3-4years so I rather have a 60hz monitor and spend the extra money on the gpu so it will be able to handle gaming with good settings w/ 60fps

There is no such thing as "can't afford" in first world countries it's called "spending money on something else"  :P

A 800€ monitor is putting aside 10€ per month etc, as it will last you atleast 5 years.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

There is no such thing as "can't afford" in first world countries it's called "spending money on something else"  :P

A 800€ monitor is putting aside 10€ per month etc, as it will last you atleast 5 years.

again, depends on the person's shopping priorities.

Well in my opinion my moto is "Go Big Or Go Home". I believe in if you can't afford it at that time, save up and don't take a shortcut and buy the cheaper item just to have it. I currently have a GTX 980ti and saving and waiting for the Asus 34" Swift. Please keep in mind that this is just my opinion.

I went from 60Hz to 144Hz and I must say its a lot smoother.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

Well in my opinion my moto is "Go Big Or Go Home". I believe in if you can't afford it at that time, save up and don't take a shortcut and buy the cheaper item just to have it. I currently have a GTX 980ti and saving and waiting for the Asus 34" Swift. Please keep in mind that this is just my opinion.

Yeah I hate when I see people on this forum with a 500$ budget for a PC and they insist to not buy second hand stuff and get double or triple the performance.

500$ can get you a oldish 2500k overclocked to +4.5Ghz with R9 290(X)

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Yeah I hate when I see people on this forum with a 500$ budget for a PC and they insist to not buy second hand stuff and get double or triple the performance.

500$ can get you a oldish 2500k overclocked to +4.5Ghz with R9 290(X)[/quote) Omg...I totally agree!

500$ can get you a oldish 2500k overclocked to +4.5Ghz with R9 290(X)[/quote) Omg...I totally agree!

You broke the quote :D

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

• 4 years later...
12 hours ago, Steve007iii said:

100hz - 144hz = 44hz

perspective mind this is the difference

You are commenting on post from 4 years ago.. :D