UltraWide Festival 2015

Does the views and likes on the video matter or is it up to the quality? :)

I dont think it matters at all since some people may already have a following , and some people are salty so they will dislike because theirs is not as good.

I dont think it matters at all since some people may already have a following , and some people are salty so they will dislike because theirs is not as good.

A few people have sent messages to me saying my set up is already too good and I shouldn't be entering I don't know what they plan to achieve by saying things like that

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

A few people have sent messages to me saying my set up is already too good and I shouldn't be entering I don't know what they plan to achieve by saying things like that

they are probably hoping that you will withdraw from the competition so they are more likely to win. either that or they are just jealous that your video is better than theirs.

Will trade a bacon sandwich for anything from LinusTechTips

they are probably hoping that you will withdraw from the competition so they are more likely to win. either that or they are just jealous that your video is better than theirs.

meh not really bothered at the end of the day win or lose it is a bit of fun. Also in my opinion everyone is a winner just for entering :)

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

meh not really bothered at the end of the day win or lose it is a bit of fun. Also in my opinion everyone is a winner just for entering :)

I mean i get the idea of people who have great setups getting hate, but really come on guys. Like more than half of the vids have people grabbing old apple 2s and saying it's their rig. Let the videos speak for themselves, and not what people have or don't have. 

︻デ┳═ー - - - - === = -٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

I mean i get the idea of people who have great setups getting hate, but really come on guys. Like more than half of the vids have people grabbing old apple 2s and saying it's their rig. Let the videos speak for themselves, and not what people have or don't have. 

Would the forum even work on an apple 2 lol xD also I think the apple 2 would explode when it meets 3440x1440 lol

Custom PC:

Would the forum even work on an apple 2 lol xD also I think the apple 2 would explode when it meets 3440x1440 lol

if you had an apple 2 just sell it. and buy yourself a super dream setup. i think those bad boys go for 200k 

if you had an apple 2 just sell it. and buy yourself a super dream setup. i think those bad boys go for 200k 

Whoa those people could buy a house and a dream set up with that sort of cash lol

Custom PC:

Hi, I already submitted my video to the Ultrawide website a week ago, but I'd like to submit it here too.

Thanks!

Hi, I already submitted my video to the Ultrawide website a week ago, but I'd like to submit it here too.

Thanks!

I don't think you have any chance, no offence or anything, it's just longer than the 30 second limit.

Will trade a bacon sandwich for anything from LinusTechTips

I even got some comments on my youtube video where I state I made everything with a friend ( and im serious ) where people were saying that I stole the instrumental of the song because it slightly resembles a part of intro song in a TV show. Also got a spike of dislikes at the same time... seems like someone had a few accounts and a little time and salt in their hands.

lotsa replies - hope I win.. hehehe

4690k - - 970 strix -- 850 ssd -- 8gb corsair vengance -- NZXT S340

So when will u guys announce the winners ???

the  UltraFest website said semi-finalists are to be chosen by like October 2nd. - so tomorrow!

4690k - - 970 strix -- 850 ssd -- 8gb corsair vengance -- NZXT S340

Especially since I've noticed a few entrants clearly bought views and likes for their videos.

Especially since I've noticed a few entrants clearly bought views and likes for their videos.

LIES ! hahahaha That' so rat.

My channel was brand new , all the views came from here. I like the amount I got. Hopefully i'll win it tomorrow  ,although im pretty sure they've been contacting the winners since the 24th. 

My channel was brand new , all the views came from here. I like the amount I got. Hopefully i'll win it tomorrow  ,although im pretty sure they've been contacting the winners since the 24th.

Haha I meant the ones that had a sudden single-day spike of like 20,000 views (several days after their upload, with less than 20 subscribers) and then immediately leveled off again. Where is your video? I don't see it in your post history.

What makes you say that they've been contacting people already?

Haha I meant the ones that had a sudden single-day spike of like 20,000 views (several days after their upload, with less than 20 subscribers) and then immediately leveled off again. Where is your video? I don't see it in your post history.

Man I WISH I'd have gotten 20K views for my vid. Only 36 and counting lol.

A repost for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Man I WISH I'd have gotten 20K views for my vid. Only 36 and counting lol.

A repost for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Wow, have you not shared it anywhere but here or something? Nice work.

i highly doubt views and likes will have anything to do with who wins

Wow, have you not shared it anywhere but here or something? Nice work.

Thanks! Other than here and Youtube no. I've been meaning to make a post on Facebook but things keep cropping up IRL and I wind up forgetting :P

Hey all,
Just got this in on the last day, the 27th, then watched the Linus video again and he said the 25th! Hope the website's 27th was right, went to a bit of effort.
Anyhoo, have a laugh at my expense.

3DMark Firestrike 21228 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1922242

I am also afraid of this too. I really enjoyed your video i think you have a good chance my friend. I would think the order of operations here would be: send out entries to judges, judges send back their pick and then lg contacts maybe on Friday. You would think that lg would like to control their messagingl. They are not giving away these things because they just feel like being charitable. They want to channel as much advertising as possible

Thats my entry. And im just going by how it says they select the winners from the 24-2nd. Since ive been around contests like that , they often contact winners before the due date , in case someone cant be contacted. I might be wrong , heck I hope im wrong ! 

I am also afraid of this too. I really enjoyed your video i think you have a good chance my friend. I would think the order of operations here would be: send out entries to judges, judges send back their pick and then lg contacts maybe on Friday. You would think that lg would like to control their messagingl. They are not giving away these things because they just feel like being charitable. They want to channel as much advertising as possible

I think you're right. But at least its LMG that chooses 10 out of 30. I also submitted mine to UnboxT.