UltraWide Festival 2015

It could be that Linus wished to have the extra time to look over the entries before Oct. 2nd? I also wonder why there hasn't been a message here to state that they "are no longer accepting entries" since the 25th has passed?

It could be that Linus wished to have the extra time to look over the entries before Oct. 2nd? I also wonder why there hasn't been a message here to state that they "are no longer accepting entries" since the 25th has passed?

Possibly. I just wish Linus would give us an update, either on Twitter, Youtube or just on here. I gave him a tweet yesterday and got nothing. I find the "Festival Outine" on the UltraWide Website a little confusing. As dates are overlaying each other... And it also hasn't been updated yet :/

hi linus so this is my application!!

the video was removed, omg ty so much guys!

Hi, so this is my list if you wanna see it with the prices and all of it.. 

or you can check from here:

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($564.98 @ SuperBiiz) 

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 

Motherboard: MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK EATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($419.99 @ Amazon) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 64GB (8 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($395.99 @ Amazon) 

Storage: Intel 750 Series 1.2TB PCI-E Solid State Drive  ($1039.99 @ Amazon) 

Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($195.15 @ Amazon) 

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (3-Way SLI)  ($675.99 @ B&H) 

Case: NZXT H630 (White) ATX Full Tower Case  ($127.99 @ Directron) 

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 1300W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($182.23 @ Mac Mall) 

Optical Drive: LG WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  ($57.89 @ OutletPC) 

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($135.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Mouse: Razer Mamba 2012 Elite Wireless Laser Mouse  ($94.05 @ B&H) 

Headphones: Razer KRAKEN 7.1 CHROMA 7.1 Channel Headset  ($87.30 @ Amazon) 

Other: Anker Premium Stereo Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker ($59.99)

Other: Logitech C920 USB 2.0 ($79.99)

Other: Logitech G440 Hard Gaming Mouse PAD ($29.65)

Other: Apple MacBook Pro MJLT2LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop with Retina Display ($2299.00)

Other: Cable Matters® Gold Plated DisplayPort to DisplayPort Cable 6 Feet - 4K Resolution Ready ($9.99)

Other: UNITEK 3 Ports USB 3.0 hub with Multi-In-1 Card Reader  ($21.99)

Other: iPhone 6 ($649.00)

Other: GoPro HERO4 BLACK Extreme Bundle ($569.99)

Other: (GOPRO) Lexar High-Performance MicroSDXC 633x 64GB UHS-I/U3  ($46.90)

Other: Skiva USBLink (3.2 ft) Lightning Duo 2-in-1 Sync and Charge Cable with Lightning & microUSB  ($10.99)

Total: $9217.00

so why i chose the parts:

so why i chose the parts:

let me explain, the cpu i think is the best overkilled on the market from that range of price and it has 15mb of CACHE I KNOW, RIGHT!!, than the cpu cooler i realy love this one and i think it is great, the motherboard i really like msi and it was this one or the rampage V from asus but this one has 5x pci-e 3.0 and the Rampage V only as 4 so i opted for this one,the ram is ddr4 is normal so no big deal, for storage one HDD with 4tb for mass storage and one nvmi pci ssd (the 1.2tb form intel) for running the os and be the best overkilled ssd, the gpu's i will go with 3-way sli gtx geforce 980 from msi for playing in 2k with +90 fps witcher 3, the case is normal an atx extended,the psu i need 1000w to power so i picked up one psu with 1300w for OC, optical drive its a normal one, i went with razer peripherals because i really like razer and i never gor a razer product, the speaker is a bluetooth one with very good reviews, an a normal web cam, than i got i display cable because i think it's better over HDMI, an go pro for producing films and timelapses from portugal, and finally an macbook (the 2º best one) i chose a macbook because i really like the OS and i will study programming in the university so i think its a great choise and to overkill the setup even more an iphone 6 (because it has a great camera and i can do jaillbreck to be the best phone!!!) and its all of my dream setup!!

best regards, from portugal

Possibly. I just wish Linus would give us an update, either on Twitter, Youtube or just on here. I gave him a tweet yesterday and got nothing. I find the "Festival Outine" on the UltraWide Website a little confusing. As dates are overlaying each other... And it also hasn't been updated yet :/

Yeah, odds are we will get an update but it's likely to come after Sunday, tomorrow. Sometime Monday I figure.

It would be interesting to see some of the other really good entries submitted directly to the LG site. I wonder how many there were total. I still had a blast making the video. I know making it less than 30 seconds is hard, but think about reviewing all of them if they were longer. Linus was smart with that rule for ones he would consider.

-Logan

wait. what?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

what?

did I just watch?

You can't win if you can't read instructions

i can't read it becuase my school blocks YouTube.

post-220100-0-19131300-1443308645_thumb.

Your Point?

Why you at school on Saturday 

I dont understand what giveaway?

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

school iPad bro. I rely on the Vessel app.

school ipad lmao haaaaaaaahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What unholy creation did I just witness...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

I am quite stranged at how most of the entries show their setup but don't really show how they would like it to be... Isn't it supposed to be a video about your #dreamsetup ??? I guess we all have been confused by watching the finalists of the "unbox yourself" competition by @LinusTech

My Ultrawide Festival Semifinalist Entry (elected by UnboxTherapy):

My Ultrawide Festival Entry for the Finals:

If you are going to hate it for no reason, stay away. but if you really do, tell me why, you will help me on improving my style.

I am quite stranged at how most of the entries show their setup but don't really show how they would like it to be... Isn't it supposed to be a video about your #dreamsetup ??? I guess we all have been confused by watching the finalists of the "unbox yourself" competition by @LinusTech

In the video and the top post of this thread, they say to "Create a video about your current setup" and don't really mention the dream setup part. The LG submission asked for a detailed description of your dream setup, but that was it. 

In the video and the top post of this thread, they say to "Create a video about your current setup" and don't really mention the dream setup part. The LG submission asked for a detailed description of your dream setup, but that was it. 

It also says that this isn't based on skill, but by chance. I would say that given a 30 sec amount of time, it's just best to make something entertaining that stands out. there is prbly a thousand or so vids on just showing a rig a this point. I really can't imagine someone getting picked who went that direction. I think one judge didn't even ask to see your current rig, or what you would like your dream setup to be, but just wanted to know why you should win. This thing is all over the place :) 

︻デ┳═ー - - - - === = -٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

2001 space odyssey and a little touch of madness. I present to you my video entry for the contest. Enjoy, and good luck to you all.

#ultrawide #*.* #ultrawideFestival

WTF?????