UltraWide Festival 2015

it's a couple hours late but to be honest it said till the 27th of September on the giveaway site then u guys said till 25th here.. which i didn't see till now hope this video still counts.

My entry below.

Good luck everyone!

Oh man. That one was great!

From Spain with love!

Late here but a few hours ago the forum was down for maintenance, but tweeted the video to Linus and all the stuff... Enjoy!

This is my video entry, which I posted the 25th of September, and uploaded it to ultrawidefestival.com (perfectly before the deadline), but however couldn't post it on the LTT forum due to the technical difficulties occuring.

https://youtu.be/kgrF7hWDBaw

Comment and critique my work if you wish! Any oppinions will be nice to hear!

And BTW, is the image quality good enough? I've been having many problems color correcting the footage of this camera, because it records to an awfully compressed format (12Mbits/s H264) :unsure:.

Description:

This is my entry for the LG #UltrawideFestival #DreamSetup #UltraWide contest.

My current setup consists of a 24" IPS monitor, a Razer Blackwidow Chroma keyboard and various other Music Production gadgets. It is all powered by an AMD-FX 8350 @ 4.5GHz (8 core) CPU, 16 GB of DDR3 1866MHz RAM and an Nvidia GTX 650, which isn't ideal for the purpose I use it for.

My #dreamsetup would consist of a triple 34" Ultrawide (34UC87C) monitor system, a custom PC whose characteristics would be an Intel Core i7-5960x, 64GB of DDR4 RAM, two Geforce 980TI Cards in SLI, a Fractal Design R5 Case, a Corsair H100i Closed-Loop CPU Cooler, 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSDs, two WD RE4 1tb HDDs. It's purpose will be occasional gaming and music production, video editing and rendering and other not-as demanding tasks such as web development (hence the three ultrawide monitors).
Also, to aid the future video productions I would post on my YouTube channel, My setup would also feature a Blackmagic Production Camera 4k, with it's own Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, due to the extremely low bitrate my mirrorless camera shoots video at (12Mbps), which produces unwanted artifacts, Chroma noise and elliminates any sharpness.

The setup itself would be hosted by an Ikea Bekant 180*80cm Desk, as can be viewed in the 3D rendering contained in the video. It will all be condimented by RGB Led Strips.

My current setup will be passed on to my little brother, who is seeking for a decent computer (he's running a Core Duo @ 2Ghz), so if I am able to decide wether to organize a giveaway of my current PC, I won't (except if I get real crazy in the case I win).

/////////////////////////
Recorded with a Samsung NX1100 Camera, with the Cosina 50mm f2.0 and Jupiter-9 MC 85mm f2.0 vintage lens.
Lighted using a 25w LED COB downlight.
Edited using Premiere PRO, After Effects and Adobe Audition.
Music produced and edited in FL Studio 12.

Music sampled:
+Kevin MacLeod - Lively Lumpsucker (incompetech.com), Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
+Gramatik: Chillaxing by the sea (FPC Remix) (Free to Download and Use, Donate if possible)

My Ultrawide Festival Semifinalist Entry (elected by UnboxTherapy):

My Ultrawide Festival Entry for the Finals:

If you are going to hate it for no reason, stay away. but if you really do, tell me why, you will help me on improving my style.

This is my video entry, which I posted the 25th of September, and uploaded it to ultrawidefestival.com (perfectly before the deadline), but however couldn't post it on the LTT forum due to the technical difficulties occuring.

https://youtu.be/kgrF7hWDBaw

Comment and critique my work if you wish! Any oppinions will be nice to hear!

And BTW, is the image quality good enough? I've been having many problems color correcting the footage of this camera, because it records to an awfully compressed format (12Mbits/s H264) :unsure:.

i like it alot xD you know if you just changed the part of do your friends bully you with more voice shit like skype or irl kicking you because that would get you Extra high because that would be funny as shit   :P

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

When's the winner or semi finalists announced @LinusTech

Is this competition about how good your video quality is or how unique/good your setup is?

I think it is based on creativity of your video passed entries have had nothing to do with how good someone setup is, I think they are looking for unique entries/setups with creativity to show them of so even if someone with older hardware entered it more based on how their system is unique and how creative they were to show it off. But don't quote me on that as I'm not 100% sure myself but that's what I gather lol

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

2001 space odyssey and a little touch of madness. I present to you my video entry for the contest. Enjoy, and good luck to you all.

#ultrawide #*.* #ultrawideFestival

Not sure what to think of this, but I really like the 2001 Space Odyssey refrence. Good Luck. It differently looks like you put a lot of work into it. The ending made me jump a little lol

Not sure what to think of this, but I really like the 2001 Space Odyssey refrence. Good Luck. It differently looks like you put a lot of work into it. The ending made me jump a little lol

THANKS!! Yeah it was a lot of work, but it was a lot of fun too. Did you post a video too? 

︻デ┳═ー - - - - === = -٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Cleaned my computer made all the shots and now my pc dont wanna start....

Why are people posting even tho it is to late? lol in linus video he said before the 25th

THAT MOMENT YOU DISASSEMBLE YOUR COMPUTER....AND REASSEMBLE IT ....JUST SO SENPAI WILL NOTICE YOU

Why are people posting even tho it is to late? lol in linus video he said before the 25th

I believe they extended the date to the 27th

Bear with me - Sorry for low audio and the video is 1 minute long. Cortana is really handy at times.

I know I'm too late, but I wanted to post the video I made anyway.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

I tried yo post this video yesterday here,but looks like the forum was down so here it is.

Sorry for poor audio quality,its my first video,and i didn't had any good mic ate hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXitcjQag04

Computer specs

CPU= Intel I5 2300 
GPU = GTX 970
Storage = 3 Terabits of hard drive storage
Ram =16 GB of Ripjaws ram at 1600hz(only capable of outputing 666hz since my motherboard is old)
Peripherals =Microsoft keyboard and mouse wireless bundle
Monitor =Samsung 60hz full hd monito

Where did u get that info?

I would be so upset if that turns out to be true. I had to severely alter my video to get it up by the end of the 24th. Because of technical problems outside of my control, my computer itself (mine has a 3D-printed case) would be FAR more polished looking in the video if I'd had a few more days.

I tried to upload this yesterday, the 25th, but the website was down for scheduled maintenance. Here's the link to my submission: 

Computer Specs:

Radeon 6670

Intel i3220

Salvaged Motherboard

Running Cardboard OS