"Xbox One Can Do 4K Gaming"

TheBLOODYTOXIC

The clock speed on the PS4 is supposed to be 2.7GHz so if that is the case then it might end up being the same or around the same on the Xbox One.

Once again, no.

What you mean is the WCK of the GDDR5 ram which is clocked at 2.75GHz. Sources tell something between 1.6 and 2.0GHz on the CPU and 800MHz on the GPU.

I didn't even mention that PS4's ram won't be capped at 4GB, there are games that already use more than 6Gigs ob RAM.

144Hz goodness

Once again, no.

What you mean is the WCK of the GDDR5 ram which is clocked at 2.75GHz. Sources tell something between 1.6 and 2.0GHz on the CPU and 800MHz on the GPU.

Umm. No its the CPU.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/22/sony-playstation-4-fcc/

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Where does the fcc document say "CPU"?

Where does it say memory?

System Specs:

Where does it say memory?

Good question.

First of all, the rumors and leaks always suggested something in the 1.6GHz range. Secondly, I guess an APU at 2.75GHz would run rather hot, which considering how small the ps4 actually is, would create heat issues. Finally, the GDDR5 is clocked at 5500MHz effectively, which would make a WCK @ 2750MHz and a CK at 1375 MHz.

To me that certainly makes more sense than a 2.75GHz CPU clock. 

144Hz goodness

Good question.

First of all, the rumors and leaks always suggested something in the 1.6GHz range. Secondly, I guess an APU at 2.75GHz would run rather hot, which considering how small the ps4 actually is, would create heat issues. Finally, the GDDR5 is clocked at 5500MHz effectively, which would make a WCK @ 2750MHz and a CK at 1375 MHz.

To me that certainly makes more sense than a 2.75GHz CPU clock. 

But the key word in the entire statement on the engadget website says "max clock frequency" 

which could indicate some kind of power saving feature on the CPU that will allow the console to adjust the clock speed accordingly to what is needed.

Down clock to 1.6GHz when the console isn't playing games (maybe less) and then clock back up to around 2.3/2.7GHz when playing a game. Honestly it makes sense and why not implement this feature when basically all of AMDs modern CPU's already do this by default. Mine down clocks to 1.4GHz when I am not playing games and clocks back up to 3.9/4.2 GHz while I am doing something intensive.

System Specs:

But the key word in the entire statement on the engadget website says "max clock frequency" 

which could indicate some kind of power saving feature on the CPU that will allow the console to adjust the clock speed accordingly to what is needed.

Down clock to 1.6GHz when the console isn't playing games (maybe less) and then clock back up to around 2.3/2.7GHz when playing a game. Honestly it makes sense and why not implement this feature when basically all of AMDs modern CPU's already do this by default. Mine down clocks to 1.4GHz when I am not playing games and clocks back up to 3.9/4.2 GHz while I am doing something intensive.

I think Microsoft and Sony kind of let it down a little when they went for these specs for PS4 and Xbox One, especially on the Xbox I'm betting that Gaming was one of their lowest priorities. Whereas 360 and PS3, their main sole purpose was to bring a good gaming experience. If I'm honest, I don't think these "new" Consoles will have as big of a lifespan as the "old"/current one's did, simply because the hardware isn't anywhere close to where it should be. 

No?

Most games run at 720p, some of them run at 640p or something inbetween, a handfull at 1080p and then there's Gran Turismo which runs at 1280*1080

They're scaled to 720p or 1080p(most titles). For instance, Black Ops II runs at something like 800x600 and then stretched to 1080p.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

4k in 5 fps... shre, xbox can do that! i belive in it :P   5fps...

I think Microsoft and Sony kind of let it down a little when they went for these specs for PS4 and Xbox One, especially on the Xbox I'm betting that Gaming was one of their lowest priorities. Whereas 360 and PS3, their main sole purpose was to bring a good gaming experience. If I'm honest, I don't think these "new" Consoles will have as big of a lifespan as the "old"/current one's did, simply because the hardware isn't anywhere close to where it should be. 

and for good reason. Affordability, if the consoles had better hardware that was near the grade of a gaming PC it would cost a hell of a lot more than what they're currently priced at.

System Specs:

i-dont-believe-you.jpg

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

and for good reason. Affordability, if the consoles had better hardware that was near the grade of a gaming PC it would cost a hell of a lot more than what they're currently priced at.

Yeah but come on ... Xbox 360 and PS3 were like actually pretty powerful Machine's when they came out, there's no reason they couldn't follow that trend again.

Even if it can pull 4k. It is still a console. And you still have to pay a fee to play online

Yeah but come on ... Xbox 360 and PS3 were like actually pretty powerful Machine's when they came out, there's no reason they couldn't follow that trend again.

Because Sony and Microsoft bought out the fabrication from IBM so they could make the chips cheaper as both the PS3 and Xbox 360 are based off similar architecture. They just use it different from each other. Trust me, Sony and Microsoft will make it work. If these are what developers have to work with then they'll make it work. Especially now that they are both using x86 chips the optimisation across platforms will be amazing. PC and consoles all working great!

System Specs:

On the bigger resolutions of 720p or 1080p it looks even worse because to me it just looks like 480p thats been stretched. Like on the Wii when you stretch that low pixel count image across a 40 inch plasma....

What you speak of are completely different beasts. The Wii looks bad on your 1080p 40in TV because its only 480p anamorphic widescreen at best (the p only stands for progressive which in turn just means no interlacing in the world of displays), its best output is still analog and your TV is digital, and its because your TV is running at 480p when its native is 1080p. Modern displays do not work and look well when not running at their optimal resolution. The X360 and PS3 both have digital outputs and naively support at least 1080p60 so even if the game may only be rendering at 720p they upscale and out put at 1080p which the TV is much happier with. This same thing happens with just about anything you run full screen on a PC.

While I doubt their going to be able to do 30fps 4K with minimum details on "modern games", 4K Flash or 4K Android games may be feasible depending on the content...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

While I doubt their going to be able to do 30fps 4K with minimum details on "modern games", 4K Flash or 4K Android games may be feasible depending on the content...

or video content upscaled to 4K or 4K content once available.

• 1 month later...

And yes sorry if you've all heard it a billion times or if its been posted before blah blah, and sorry if its a thread about console gaming of which I take very little part.

But yeah, 4k on consoles, pretty cool for you guys who will own one.

for some resonn cant get the link up but its on newegg tv, xbox one interview

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

Wrong section. And if you know it was probably posted, why post.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Lol....

Sounds like a blast *trys to hold in laughter*

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Wrong section. And if you know it was probably posted, why post.

Its general discussion and im having a general discussion why the hell do you care anyway?

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

No its not, it is upscaled. The xbox one is confirmed to run bf4 720p@60fps. So how is it going to run games at native 4k resolution?