Dumbest Tech Questions/Quotes You've Ever Heard

NInety

These are painful to read... lol

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

"What's a Linux" or "What's Open Source? All good software is paid." -7th STEM teacher. (I don't think that is what is called then)

I have a new one:

" So I learned that not all CPUs run at the same speed due to variations in the manufacturing process. The higher quality the silicon used, the higher the clockspeed that can be achieved. That's why we have i7's ranging from $200, to $1000, essentially they're all the same chip".

people seem to be amazed that I am running 4 screens off the same computer whenever they come over to my house. I get asked "how do you move your mouse across all the different computers like that?" 

I have a dual monitor set up right now and sometimes i spend 30 seconds trying to find out where my mouse pointer is. I cant imagine having 4 screens haha

GPU: GTX 7t0 ti    CPU: i5 Quad core    Ram: 4 GB (x2) DDR3    Motherboard: Lenovo Motherboard    PSU: 500w    

Memory: 1 TB

"the model of my asus CPU is x551c"

"Maybe I'll get someone to build me a new CPU"

both from the same person

quite a few people call desktop cpus. especially in india so its no weird unless he literally meant CPU 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

someone asking if they can build a pc and install the ps4 os on it. happened on linustechtips.com im serious.

i mean if you duct tape your ps4 to a pc and get an hdmi switcher then sure 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

i had a computer hardware teacher in college actually hand out a sheet with the names of each component,  the everything together was the cpu, the cpu actually was the processor, the harddrive was just labeled storage, ram was labeled something stupid like backup storage, the monitor was just display.  and then he argued with me about why it was all completely wrong.

also, used to work for apple tech support so here we go...

----

me:click on the apple in the top left corner of your screen

cust:wheres that

me:in the top left hand corner of your screen

cust:i dont see it

me:what do you see

cust:i see the time, a battery, a pizza slice

me: thats the top right, i need you to look at the top LEFT, thats the other side of your screen

cust:oh ok sorry!

me:so do you see the little silver apple?

cust:where?

me:jesus fucking christ are you retarded?

my manager:what did you just say?

cust:what?

me:*click*

-----

me:thank for calling apple application support, how can i help you?

cust:my computer is broken

me:how is it broken?

cust:idk it just is

me:was it working previously?

cust:no i just bought it and the screen is black

me:oh ok, so it just wont turn on. well i see that you have an imac, so just for fun, go ahead and reach around the right side and press the power button on the back

cust:nothing happened

me: lets make sure the power cable is plugged in all the way

cust: what do you mean?

me:the power cable has to plugged in for the computer to turn on sir..

cust:but i was told it was completely wireless!!!

----

cust:i heard there was a virus for macs going around and i think i have it  (this was during the time of "flashback" for those of you who know what that is)

me:have you updated flash in the past month?

cust:no

me:then you dont have it

cust:but i know i have i virus because my computer is going really slow!!

me:lets look into why that could be *find literally 270,000 files in the trash*   thats the problem, lets empty your trash

cust:no!!

me:why the fuck not?

cust:i keep my important files there so it doesnt take harddrive space!!

me:wtf is wrong with you!!

me:ya know what, im gonna go ahead and let you talk to one of our senior advisors and he should be able to help you out..

EDIT:sorry cant get spoilers working cuz im dumb apparently, so its a little lengthy

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

i had a computer hardware teacher in college actually hand out a sheet with the names of each component,  the everything together was the cpu, the cpu actually was the processor, the harddrive was just labeled storage, ram was labeled something stupid like backup storage, the monitor was just display.  and then he argued with me about why it was all completely wrong.

also, used to work for apple tech support so here we go...

----

me:click on the apple in the top left corner of your screen

cust:wheres that

me:in the top left hand corner of your screen

cust:i dont see it

me:what do you see

cust:i see the time, a battery, a pizza slice

me: thats the top right, i need you to look at the top LEFT, thats the other side of your screen

cust:oh ok sorry!

me:so do you see the little silver apple?

cust:where?

me:jesus fucking christ are you retarded?

cust:what?

me:*click*

-----

me:thank for calling apple application support, how can i help you?

cust:my computer is broken

me:how is it broken?

cust:idk it just is

me:was it working previously?

cust:no i just bought it and the screen is black

me:oh ok, so it just wont turn on. well i see that you have an imac, so just for fun, go ahead and reach around the right side and press the power button on the back

cust:nothing happened

me: lets make sure the power cable is plugged in all the way

cust: what do you mean?

me:the power cable has to plugged in for the computer to turn on sir..

cust:but i was told it was completely wireless!!!

----

cust:i heard there was a virus for macs going around and i think i have it  (this was during the time of "flashback" for those of you who know what that is)

me:have you updated flash in the past month?

cust:no

me:then you dont have it

cust:but i know i have i virus because my computer is going really slow!!

me:lets look into why that could be *find literally 270,000 files in the trash*   thats the problem, lets empty your trash

cust:no!!

me:why the fuck not?

cust:i keep my important files there so it doesnt take harddrive space!!

me:wtf is wrong with you!!

me:ya know what, im gonna go ahead and let you talk to one of our senior advisors and he should be able to help you out..

EDIT:sorry cant get spoilers working cuz im dumb apparently, so its a little lengthy

I doubt that you swore at people 3 times and APPLE SUPPORT decided to keep you on. They can't damage their name.

"Do I need the computer on when I want to go n the web with my kindle?" - My mum 

"My computer runs everything at over 200fps"

Me - What Graphics card do you have?

"I dont know, power something"

Me- Can you check?

"Yeah I'll google it"

Me- Ok, Is it AMD or Nvidia?

(afew minutes later)

"its an AMD r7 260"

Me- Mate that wont run everything at 200+fps, not at 1080p

"it will, (loads CSGO on menu gets 78fps) - oh its probably slow because im streaming"

Me- LOL,..nice "tech stream guys"

<Muffinmaddness has been banned from the channel>  .... :( 

Some twitch "TECH" stream with two.. people giving tech advice to people watching -_- 

Specs 

CPU-Intel I7 4790K- @ 4.5Ghz / Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero VII / GPU - GTX 980 @ 1592MHz / RAM - 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2400Mhz / Cooler - Corsair H105 / SSD - Samsung 250gb 840 EVO / HDD - 2x 2tb Seagate/3x 3tb Seagate / PSU - Corsair RM1000 / Keyboard - Corsair K70 / Mouse - Corsair M65 / Case - Custom Glass panel Corsair Obsidian 750D -  Still saving for upgrades =)

I doubt that you swore at people 3 times and APPLE SUPPORT decided to keep you on. They can't damage their name.

technically worked for acs/xerox who was contracted by apple to do applecare support.  and yes i did swear at people, usually muted myself first.  but since we didnt have a script, the idea was to have the same general..attitude is the wrong word.. but if they were swearing like a sailor(and not cuz they were pissed off), then it was more acceptable that i did too.  i actually had a lot of leaway in what i said.  had people straight up tell me they were coked out when they called, i could literally say w/e i wanted and it was probably fine. i did get written up a few times for it though.  having the best call stats on the entire floor helps

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

No problem playing Witcher 3 at 30FPS on a G-SYNC monitor.

Haha u do get 30 fps

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

Haha u do get 30 fps

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/443233-witcher-3-fps/

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:04 PM #1  witcher 3 fps: post #1

hi guys i am running witcher 3 at 4 k ultra with sli 980tis no aa and with out vsync i average between 65 and 75 fps however when i turn on vsync it goes down to locked 40 for alot of the time.

just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they have fixed it ???

thanks in advance

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Literally a majority of this forum

My friend today: "I'm going to buy a mac because it doesn't get viruses"

Another one that happened to me last year: "What phone do you have" "Android" "no, what PHONE do you have not the software that is running on it" "idk i know its just android"

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

person: i built my own gaming pc

me: what gpu do you have

person: asus-titan 120fps

me: wow, thats really good. how much did it cost.

person: 100 dollars at (insert online tech dealer here bechause i cant remember the name)

me: liquid cooled or air?

person: quantum fan cooled nitrogen

me: oh really?

(this ACTUALLY happened in 2010 when one of my friends got a new pc, it was a laptop....)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

On BBC radio 2 they had a topic a bit ago that was Android vs iphone - which is a better phone?..... they had twitter responses and calls, on person said iphone is better because the camera on an iphone is better then on an android......-_- I hate that radio show.. its on at dinner time dont know what the show is called but my god they have some dumb topics -_-

Specs 

CPU-Intel I7 4790K- @ 4.5Ghz / Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero VII / GPU - GTX 980 @ 1592MHz / RAM - 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2400Mhz / Cooler - Corsair H105 / SSD - Samsung 250gb 840 EVO / HDD - 2x 2tb Seagate/3x 3tb Seagate / PSU - Corsair RM1000 / Keyboard - Corsair K70 / Mouse - Corsair M65 / Case - Custom Glass panel Corsair Obsidian 750D -  Still saving for upgrades =)