Was the ultimaker video another swap for airtime? Update Ultimaker confirms YES

nunya bus

I love how you just completely lie about what Ultimaker stated in their tweets. Oh, and nice harassment too dude. I honestly hope you end up with a lawsuit on your hands. 

Ultimaker confirmed they gave the printer to LMG but did not state it was for an ad. They stated they enjoyed his video and are looking forward to whatever he does next. 

jLhhZdh.png

Actually there's a lot of companies that would. He has 2 million followers. The fact that he might use it in a video, or for a project or hell even in the background is good enough for them. LMG doesn't have to trade reviews for products. These company's will send it to him and if he wants to he will and if he doesn't want to then it's still not a loss for them. That's how these relationships work across many different platforms. 

you must be dense. of course its for placment and exposure. otherwise Linus wouldnt have made a video. and they wouldnt have sent him one. 

so do you honestly think it went down this way...... Stand by 

A wild ultimaker2 appeared.  Linus catches it and makes a video..... 

Heck no it doesn't work that way. And bring the lawsuits on. Ill gladly subpoena the emails between Linus and their company 

you must be dense. of course its for placment and exposure. otherwise Linus wouldnt have made a video. and they wouldnt have sent him one. 

Heck no it doesn't work that way. And bring the lawsuits on. Ill gladly subpoena the emails between Linus and their company 

You are right. And still wrong. How curious....

Ultimaker: Hey, you have so many subscribers and we've heard that you'd love to have 3D printer. We could sent you one? Please make video featuring it!

LMG: Yeah ok. Won't promise on video though.

Ultimaker: Ok fine. Maybe you just mention you have or post pics with it (or have Luke print live on stream with it).

LMG: Its actually pretty nice piece. With some issues. So we won't praise it to heavens.

Ultimaker: Sure, sure, no probs. We get exposure anyway.

What was said in video "Ultimaker offered to send us one and honestly it was too badass to deny". Disclosed and not paid for review. We have discussed the whole difference with review piece and paid review in other threads.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

How is "Ultimaker offered to send us one and honestly it was too badass to deny" not disclosed? Let's break down the sentence:

"Ultimaker offered to send us one" - Well, there you go... they offered to send it to LMG.

"honestly it was too badass to deny" - In other words: "It's too cool/neat to say no to them."

That's the full disclosure. Linus thought the product was worth their time and accepted Ultimaker's offer to send them one. At no point was LMG actually paid for the review.

You are the one who is dense. You are so hell bent on your crusade here that you basically make half of it up. You assume too much. Just because they were offered the printer doesn't imply that it was for a review. Linus has stated on numerous occasions that he'll accept review items but that he doesn't guarantee a favorable or even a video at all. The problem is, that you don't accept any of his answers because he's not doing what you want because he doesn't have to. Get over it.

Oh and thank you for completely bypassing that fact that I called you out on a lie.

May I put a question to you sir? 

Why do you give a fuck?

May I put a question to you sir? 

Why do you give a fuck?

Can you clarify who?

Can you clarify who?

OP

(seen them create a few threads like this, just don't understand why they don't just stop watching their videos if they have a problem with them)

EDIT: This wall of text is just a small rant that is probably organized poorly and only 1/10th of what i wanted to say to you but knowing you wont understand or try to anyones views on this matter i wont really say much more of it.

This will be my First post about this topic on the many you have started...

YOU honestly have no idea or been in the actual business world at all. IF you think linus takes payment by a $4000.00 printer your wrong that is not how he can pay his employees it takes Actual capital to pay 10 employees If they all make an average of 50k a year he pays out 21k each month to just his employees on top of rent, electric, internet, Insurances  plus  Filiming equipment ect on top of the entire RENO that he probably has a loan for and a insane list of other things. YES People send linus products for free all the time with no deal to ever review or feature it some do make a deal to be given some sort of exposure aswell. you also complained about  nvidia sending him the 6 graphics cards which he later said was to be shown in a video of them installing them not a paid give my  product a good review deal thats illegal as you stated. YOU NEED TO UNDERSTSAND NIVIDIA is worth 9 BILLION Dollars you think that giving away a couple graphics cards that probably only cost a couple hundred to make at most is a big deal it isnt that's straight up like you dropping a couple penny's on the ground except nividia might make a couple back since exposure helps sell somewhat you just dont seem to look at it from a business prospective of what money is worth to these big companies the problem is your probably basing it off what you have and what a couple grand is to you but to these companies its nothing and they spend much more then this on advertising elsewhere. and when they make products they put the cost of advertising in the product/budget.    

Linus has stated this a long time ago in the more Vlogy videos when hes going through a bunch of boxes looking for stuff why most of it doesn't get reviewed because he doesn't care enough to but companies sent it to him for free so its just sitting there . You just seem so butthurt he got a 4,000 dollar printer for free. get over it you've made your point that he should state exactly how he got things but you seem to not notice that a lot of the times he does just not so blatantly in big text at the beginning like you want. I get your letting everyone know and have contacted people that its illegal and if its found that it is im sure they will get repercussions eventually but theres no need to make mutiple threads about this its been made apparent and Linus has fully answered you as much or more then any company really would about somone calling them out as operating  illegally   most would probably just keep banning you from there fourm after its become excessive which it has but instead he answers you and you ignore and continue to ask the same questions over and over again  

How has this post been ignored when I similarly called someone an idiot and got warning points and the post was removed, then the thread was far, FAR more light hearted than this one?

I have reported it - just wondering if this poster isn't going to be moderated because of his seemingly negative stance against the company.

Kids you are a joke seriously enough with your topics about this, you really need to pull your head out of your ass. It is kind of expected that they get sent these products for free, it is how a lot of the review industry works. They send him the product and hope he reviews it that will give them exposure. Companies send products to reviewers all of the time that get ripped on by them because they are bad. Linus looks to review good products since otherwise it will be a rant video. Every product has flaws in it and with customer and reviewer feedback companies change their products. You really have a lot to learn and should do so before yapping your mouth off. I would rant more but I do not have time right now maybe later.

How has this post been ignored when I similarly called someone an idiot and got warning points and the post was removed, then the thread was far, FAR more light hearted than this one?

I have reported it - just wondering if this poster isn't going to be moderated because of his seemingly negative stance against the company.

Why report it? Just because you got warning points you want someone else to get them... childish.

Kids you are a joke seriously enough with your topics about this, you really need to pull your head out of your ass. It is kind of expected that they get sent these products for free, it is how a lot of the review industry works. They send him the product and hope he reviews it that will give them exposure. Companies send products to reviewers all of the time that get ripped on by them because they are bad. Linus looks to review good products since otherwise it will be a rant video. Every product has flaws in it and with customer and reviewer feedback companies change their products. You really have a lot to learn and should do so before yapping your mouth off. I would rant more but I do not have time right now maybe later.

Why report it? Just because you got warning points you want someone else to get them... childish.

He has insulted a member of the community - that is a more childish act than me reporting it and it not being moderated.

He has insulted a member of the community - that is a more childish act than me reporting it and it not being moderated.

If people really get offended that easily then maybe the internet is not the place for them. Sure report it if it was something like mother f'n c*nt or something more extreme but idiot really, what are we 5?

If people really get offended that easily then maybe the internet is not the place for them. Sure report it if it was something like mother f'n c*nt or something more extreme but idiot really, what are we 5?

Well, it was offensive enough for me to receive some warning points, so I guessed that was what the rules include - hence why I reported his post. My opinion is entirely the same as yours.

Never mind - I'll let it pass in future!

Quote the part of insult you speak? The first thread got locked because rasism and personal attacks. None of those have happened here. Yet. And if you check other pages, mods and Linus himself have already posted on this. They are quite aware whats happening.

On other news. I just realized what would be worse than keeping 4k 3D printer and 6x1k GPUs and make video talking about them. To keep them and not to make video. I'll let that sink in.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Quote the part of insult you speak? The first thread got locked because rasism and personal attacks. None of those have happened here. Yet. And if you check other pages, mods and Linus himself have already posted on this. They are quite aware whats happening.

On other news. I just realized what would be worse than keeping 4k 3D printer and 6x1k GPUs and make video talking about them. To keep them and not to make video. I'll let that sink in.

nunya bus, on 01 Oct 2015 - 07:31 AM, said:snapback.png

you must be dense.

Dat bit bruh.

Dat bit bruh.

Ehm... Calling someone dense. I have called OP thick headed. Which is same thing. It means that facts take longer to sink in. Offensive? Not in my eyes. I would never call anybody besides my family members stupid or idiots. Except as part of sarcasm.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Ehm... Calling someone dense. I have called OP thick headed. Which is same thing. It means that facts take longer to sink in. Offensive? Not in my eyes. I would never call anybody besides my family members stupid or idiots. Except as part of sarcasm.

This, calling people stupid is just wrong. No one is dumb or not smart, we should just be nice peope.

Pentium G3258, R9 280X, Corsair CS600M, Gigabyte GA-H81M-H, 2 Random monitors, a no-name keyboard, a cheap $15 Logitech mouse.

LG G3 Vigor

Dat bit bruh.

As the person who was called dense, I don't take offense. I don't think of it as an attack just his defense mechanism for being called out as a liar. It's all good. Just a friendly debate going on.

Facts have been stated.. repeatedly in fact.

People CAN and have the ability to Agree to disagree, ie; Move the fuck on.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

they did the same to bernacules, they send him even mulyiple units in varying sizes IIRC, so not unlikely for them to also send one to linus.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Usually when I so passionately dislike someone, I just stop watching their content. Seems like a simple concept to me. I don't understand why you give a shit. What exactly are you accusing LMG of doing? Not disclosing when they've been given a product for review? Maybe you should watch some of these videos again, because they do disclose when they've been given a product for review. Do you have any idea how this business model works? Of course they are sent items for review. If being given an item to review makes you a shill, EVERY YOUTUBE REVIEWER IS A SHILL. Why are you having such a difficult time understanding this? 

Additionally, do you not understand that LMG is in Canada? US laws do not apply (not that any laws are being broken).

Ah OK, because he used a word which was meant with the same intent as "idiot" but sounds more polite, it's not offensive.

Lol.

1736915-68786_hercule_poirot.gif Good job OP. You'll put this guy out of a job some day. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Oh lol, this thread is still going on?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Oh lol, this thread is still going on?

You started it again bruh.