Short usb

Tweakforce_LG

yes.

Im glad i didnt go buy one in a rush like i was going to yesterday xD. If it turns out not to be the issue and the battery really is screwed up, ill just go buy a 3rd party one. But at the moment it doesn't sound like the battery killed itself. Thanks for all the help. I wouldn't have known where to start without the advice. Ill report back some other time on how its going. Ill try not to keep asking 20 questions [emoji14]

R5 5600   Asus ROG Strix RTX2060   B550  Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4   Kingston A2000 1TB M.2    Kingston UV400 SSD   NZXT H510 Flow

Im glad i didnt go buy one in a rush like i was going to yesterday xD. If it turns out not to be the issue and the battery really is screwed up, ill just go buy a 3rd party one. But at the moment it doesn't sound like the battery killed itself. Thanks for all the help. I wouldn't have known where to start without the advice. Ill report back some other time on how its going. Ill try not to keep asking 20 questions [emoji14]

haha its all good I don't mind helping :)

Troubleshooting a pc will make you believe in gremlins.

--Thread killer--

Gonna do a few more cycles like 3. That shouldn't degrade the battery too much, if its not fixed by then ill use it normally for a few weeks before buying one

R5 5600   Asus ROG Strix RTX2060   B550  Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4   Kingston A2000 1TB M.2    Kingston UV400 SSD   NZXT H510 Flow

Ok i got half way drained for the second cycle but had to turn it off to use the next day. Then i used it today i used it and it jumped from 28% down to 7%. Whyyyy. Also when using the battery more intensively it has tended to jump down from a higher percent. Should i calibrate some more since i started using it after interrupting the second calibration?

Ok i got half way drained for the second cycle but had to turn it off to use the next day. Then i used it today i used it and it jumped from 28% down to 7%. Whyyyy. Also when using the battery more intensively it has tended to jump down from a higher percent. Should i calibrate some more since i started using it after interrupting the second calibration?

I honestly doubt it will help, if it is doing it again, it probably is a short in the battery. 

--Thread killer--

I honestly doubt it will help, if it is doing it again, it probably is a short in the battery.

I dont know why it improved it before then :/ mind you i didnt leave it to charge for 2 hours after it reached 100%. If not ill have to get a 3rd party battery. Anything eals when calarating i should consider

I dont know why it improved it before then :/ mind you i didnt leave it to charge for 2 hours after it reached 100%. If not ill have to get a 3rd party battery. Anything eals when calarating i should consider

the calibration is basically the computers way of understanding what is going on with the battery, it will interpret what the battery says and try to figure out when its full, as far as i'm aware it doesn't actually affect the battery itself. a short an cause all kinds of weird errors,

--Thread killer--

the calibration is basically the computers way of understanding what is going on with the battery, it will interpret what the battery says and try to figure out when its full, as far as i'm aware it doesn't actually affect the battery itself. a short an cause all kinds of weird errors,

The battery itself has a chip in it that does the readings, calibrating is to let the chip learn when its full and empty better. I dont get why it went alright yesterday and not now. Is there a reason that when more intensive workload, it jumps from like 40% to 7% and then declines from 7% normally, and when its idle the whole discharge time it only jumps from 9% to 7%

Imma buy an oem one tonight. So its extremely likely that a new battery should fix it?

could be a cell damaged and then the cells before and after it are fine, the chip thinks that the battery is full because those cells are charging, the damaged cell is where it jumps down real fast. 

--Thread killer--

could be a cell damaged and then the cells before and after it are fine, the chip thinks that the battery is full because those cells are charging, the damaged cell is where it jumps down real fast.

So a new battery should be the end of this :D

So a new battery should be the end of this :D

i would venture to say it would

--Thread killer--

i would venture to say it would

Im worried the current onr could explode since it gas that problem. Although it never gets hot, but has a slight bulge, very miniscule as a result of manufacturing since its 3rd party. Would this short or what ever happened to the battery burn my house down while i use it until i get another?

it could, but its unlikely 

--Thread killer--

it could, but its unlikely

How do companys get oem batterys and sell them for less than the overpriced hp parts store??

How do companys get oem batterys and sell them for less than the overpriced hp parts store??

when a particular model becomes obsolete, they sell off their stock at a cheap price to a 3rd party which then sells them cheap and makes a profit. 

--Thread killer--

when a particular model becomes obsolete, they sell off their stock at a cheap price to a 3rd party which then sells them cheap and makes a profit.

That means dem batteries would have been in storage for years, god damn it. Hp still sell that battery anyway.

That means dem batteries would have been in storage for years, god damn it. Hp still sell that battery anyway.

probably. i'd just go for the cheaper option to be honest, its easier. 

Like i got one for my mom's old laptop once and it has worked fine for like 4 years and it was cheap as hell, i think i got pretty lucky with it though. 

--Thread killer--

probably. i'd just go for the cheaper option to be honest, its easier.

Like i got one for my mom's old laptop once and it has worked fine for like 4 years and it was cheap as hell, i think i got pretty lucky with it though.

Ill talk to the company about it in case its still in good state. But it puzzles me how i can get a good 1.5-2hrs outta the battery before it jumps to 7%

Ill talk to the company about it in case its still in good state. But it puzzles me how i can get a good 1.5-2hrs outta the battery before it jumps to 7%

6cell+8cell98601.png

see how each green cell (what looks like a and is a battery)  is connected, now lets say only one of the cells is damaged. It would appear as though the charge was full if say cells 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6 are all charged. As the cells are discharged from 6 down to 5 then 4 and 3 and then it gets to 2, it has no charge, so now it jumps from cell 3 to cell2 but cell 2 is also gone right away because its damaged and doesn't hold a charge but still completes the circut,  this is what causes the big jump. 

--Thread killer--

6cell+8cell98601.png

see how each green cell (what looks like a and is a battery) is connected, now lets say only one of the cells is damaged. It would appear as though the charge was full if say cells 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6 are all charged. As the cells are discharge from 6 down to 5 then 4 and 3 and then it gets to 2, it has no charge, so now it jumps from cell 3 to cell2 but cell 2 is also gone right away because its damaged and doesn't hold a charge but still completes the circut, this is what causes the big jump.

Ok thanks, that puts an end to my confusion :D

6cell+8cell98601.png

see how each green cell (what looks like a and is a battery) is connected, now lets say only one of the cells is damaged. It would appear as though the charge was full if say cells 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6 are all charged. As the cells are discharge from 6 down to 5 then 4 and 3 and then it gets to 2, it has no charge, so now it jumps from cell 3 to cell2 but cell 2 is also gone right away because its damaged and doesn't hold a charge but still completes the circut, this is what causes the big jump.

Ok i managed to buy the oem battery for a very good price, it was manufactured 2014/05. So just a year and a few months ago, so it wont have degraded much :D

Ok i managed to buy the oem battery for a very good price, it was manufactured 2014/05. So just a year and a few months ago, so it wont have degraded much :D

yeah it should be good!

--Thread killer--

yeah it should be good!

Time to test it, finally arrived

ac209e5a4dc8a3a56b10e676882b9f2c.jpg

Time to test it, finally arrived

ac209e5a4dc8a3a56b10e676882b9f2c.jpg

how'd it go?

--Thread killer--