Short usb

Tweakforce_LG

Could be a fused circuit (permanent short) But i really doubt it, you probably just have a dead battery, if the usb port you shocked isn't dead though i don't see this being any real issue. its probably just been a long time coming.

I would have thought the USB would die and battery survive.

R5 5600   Asus ROG Strix RTX2060   B550  Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4   Kingston A2000 1TB M.2    Kingston UV400 SSD   NZXT H510 Flow

I would have thought the USB would die and battery survive.

well if you consider that the USB is ok, you can sort of assume that it wasn't actually what damaged the battery, they do become damaged with just regular use. its probably a coincidence that it happened about the same time. 

Troubleshooting a pc will make you believe in gremlins.

--Thread killer--

well if you consider that the USB is ok, you can sort of assume that it wasn't actually what damaged the battery, they do become damaged with just regular use. its probably a coincidence that it happened about the same time.

The OEM battery just went back up in price and now i cant afford it grrrr

R5 5600   Asus ROG Strix RTX2060   B550  Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4   Kingston A2000 1TB M.2    Kingston UV400 SSD   NZXT H510 Flow

The OEM battery just went back up in price and now i cant afford it grrrr

You could always try to find the same thing on ebay form someone that has lots and lots of good reviews, just make sure its the real deal and not a cheap replacement.

--Thread killer--

You could always try to find the same thing on ebay form someone that has lots and lots of good reviews, just make sure its the real deal and not a cheap replacement.

Can't i just get an oem compatable aka 3rd party battery, if so, what should i look out for

Can't i just get an oem compatable aka 3rd party battery, if so, what should i look out for

I wouldn't, I did once, lasted about a month, never made that mistake again. 

--Thread killer--

I wouldn't, I did once, lasted about a month, never made that mistake again.

Well the oem ones have been in storage for 4 years and im buying from a reputable company

Well the oem ones have been in storage for 4 years and im buying from a reputable company

I'd say go for it, the worst you have to do is return it.

--Thread killer--

I'd say go for it, the worst you have to do is return it.

Yes it has 6 months warranty. Also it should last longer than the hp battery since thats been in storage for 4 years. What should be looked out for

When buying 3rd party

Yes it has 6 months warranty. Also it should last longer than the hp battery since thats been in storage for 4 years

actually the longer lithium ion batteries sit the weaker they become due to small natural discharge based on the nature of the batteries design. 

--Thread killer--

actually the longer lithium ion batteries sit the weaker they become due to small natural discharge based on the nature of the batteries design.

So the fact the oem one is 4 years old and the 3rd party one is half a year old. Id say the 3rd party one should last longer

probably will provided it isn't a cheap Chinese knockoff, but even so most of the cheap ones are so cheap you can buy a few, if ones dies just get a few more for less than the price of one of the others. 

--Thread killer--

probably will provided it isn't a cheap Chinese knockoff, but even so most of the cheap ones are so cheap you can buy a few, if ones dies just get a few more for less than the price of one of the others.

Its gonna be Chinese but im not buying one at a too good to be true price

Ive noticed my battery after calibrating a few times, tends to drop to 7% later on. This time i got it to 10% before it dropped to 7%

Any way to explain this

Its fixing itself what da fuuuuk. Please help idunno wut is going on. But cycling the battery from 100% to 0% a few times has almost fixed it. A few more cycles and it may be ok. Da fuck is going on, i thought the battery was shorted

it may seem like it, it may or may not be, sometimes stuff is weird

--Thread killer--

it may seem like it, it may or may not be, sometimes stuff is weird

Only time will tell, its not like its gonna blow up anyway

Only time will tell, its not like its gonna blow up anyway

Maybe. but probably not. 

--Thread killer--

Maybe. but probably not.

The battery in here is actually 3rd party and has ran with not much degration for about a year untill my misshap

Maybe. but probably not.

OMG im such an idiot. First thing i did after the short was use hp battery check and it said the battery was ok. Could this have messed with calibration since the battery is 3rd party, and that may explaina why after doing a few calibrations it keeps getting better

OMG im such an idiot. First thing i did after the short was use hp battery check and it said the battery was ok. Could this have messed with calibration since the battery is 3rd party, and that may explaina why after doing a few calibrations it keeps getting better

could be. just see how it acts over time.

--Thread killer--

could be. just see how it acts over time.

I will, is it normal for charging to slow down gradually when abouve 85%. Is there a reason it will do this

I will, is it normal for charging to slow down gradually when abouve 85%. Is there a reason it will do this

not usually. but it can happen when its all messed up.

--Thread killer--

not usually. but it can happen when its all messed up.

It still jumped from 96% to 100% randomly, but that's better than jumping from 72% to 100% like before. Does it sound like the battery just needs a few more cycles?

It still jumped from 96% to 100% randomly, but that's better than jumping from 72% to 100% like before. Does it sound like the battery just needs a few more cycles?

yes.

--Thread killer--