GTX 760 4 GB or GTX 670 2 GB?

Stevenw43210

Hello, so I am building a new PC and I see that the price of the GTX 760 4 GB model, and the GTX 670 2 GB model are pretty similar, and I am wondering, which would be better to buy? If it matters I am running 2 1080p monitors

ofcourse GTX 760 4GB is better than gtx670 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I would go for 760 because its newer and it will probably have better driver support

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

Where i live the 670 2gb is becoming much cheaper than the 4gb 760, i'd get the 670. Both will be too weak by the time you need 4gb of vram @ 1080p

Indeed 760.

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

4 gb or amd 3gb

I thought you will get higher fps with the gtx 670. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Go 760 if you plan to SLI it later, if not then take 670

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

7950/7970 if you can find one in your budget, but I would wait for 9XXX series.

ofcourse GTX 760 4GB is better than gtx670 

Go for the 760 if you have 2 monitors.

I would go for 760 because its newer and it will probably have better driver support

Where i live the 670 2gb is becoming much cheaper than the 4gb 760, i'd get the 670. Both will be too weak by the time you need 4gb of vram @ 1080p

Indeed 760.

4 gb or amd 3gb

Go 760 if you plan to SLI it later, if not then take 670

Guys, the 760 has a 256 bit Memory bus. It cannot use the full 4GB of VRAM. Fail. :|

I thought you will get higher fps with the gtx 670. 

The 760 is newer and is basically a rebranded, slightly overclocked version of the 670. They are basically the same GPU with a different name and slightly different settings.

I would get the 2GB 760. Because it cannot utilize the 4GB on that version of the card, so it is a waste of money.

This. Prices will drop and AMD usually has more VRAM anyway with the memory bus width to back it up.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Guys, the 760 has a 256 bit Memory bus. It cannot use the full 4GB of VRAM. Fail. :|

The 760 is newer and is basically a rebranded, slightly overclocked version of the 670. They are basically the same GPU with a different name and slightly different settings.

I would get the 2GB 760. Because it cannot utilize the 4GB on that version of the card, so it is a waste of money.

This. Prices will drop and AMD usually has more VRAM anyway with the memory bus width to back it up.

^_^ Glad to see people mentioning the memory bus size

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

^_^ Glad to see people mentioning the memory bus size

I literally read your thread about the memory bus just before coming here. :) My life. It always works out this way.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I literally read your thread about the memory bus just before coming here. :) My life. It always works out this way.

Actually I read a similar post to this before I created my thread then another similar one after I created my thread XD I know what you mean

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I would go with an AMD GPU, but I forgot to mention that I'm going to use this PC for gaming, and video rendering with Premier Pro, so CUDA Acceleration would help a bunch 

I would go with an AMD GPU, but I forgot to mention that I'm going to use this PC for gaming, and video rendering with Premier Pro, so CUDA Acceleration would help a bunch 

I have no idea how VRAM plays into video rendering. 

If I were you, I would go with a GTX 780 after the 9970 hits. Preferably the 4GB version. Only if VRAM matters for Video Rendering. I have no idea, but it makes sense to me that it would.

† Christian Member †

Premiere supports OpenCL so AMD is a great idea: http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2013/05/improved-gpu-support-in-adobe-premiere-pro-cc.html

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I remember the 760 being a rebranded 660ti. I had no idea it could stand up to a 670

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

This. Wait for the 9970 to drop.

I remember the 760 being a rebranded 660ti. I had no idea it could stand up to a 670

Well, originally they were saying that it would be the 760Ti. However, it was not. So I do not know how much those GTX 7XX launch rumors are true or not. Regardless, it is a more powerful GTX 660Ti which means it is equivalent to a GTX 670 basically as it goes GTX 660 -> GTX 660Ti -> GTX 670.

† Christian Member †

Most of this is correct except it being a rebranded GTX 670.  From my understanding the GTX 760 is a rebranded GTX 660 TI, it uses the same GK 104.225 as the GTX 660 TI, but a wider bus slightly improved ROP's and clocks but less cuda cores.  The GTX 760 TI should be a rebranded GTX 670 if they ever decide to make one.  The GTX 760 should be close to a 670 but I don't believe it's more powerful.  the GTX 760 can utilize about 2.5GB of Vram so to say 4GB is a waste is true, but not a complete waste.  I'd still get an HD 7950 as they are 220 now.

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

Remove my quote son I recommended the 670.

It can use the full 4Gb technically, it's just that performance is gimped compared to a wider bus like the 384bit on a 7950 making it pretty underwhelming.

Agree in prinicple though, 90% of this forum wil lsee 'vram' mentioned, froths at the mouth and shouts: MOARRRRRRRR VRAMMMMMMMM

Most of this is correct except it being a rebranded GTX 670.  From my understanding the GTX 760 is a rebranded GTX 660 TI, it uses the same GK 104.225 as the GTX 660 TI, but a wider bus slightly improved ROP's and clocks but less cuda cores.  The GTX 760 TI should be a rebranded GTX 670 if they ever decide to make one.  The GTX 760 should be close to a 670 but I don't believe it's more powerful.  the GTX 760 can utilize about 2.5GB of Vram so to say 4GB is a waste is true, but not a complete waste.  I'd still get an HD 7950 as they are 220 now.

I won't call it rebrand/rebadge because the amount of shader processor is not the same. +1 for the 7950.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |