ASUS Gene-Z LGA 1155 **BENT PCI-E PIN** Please Help

Kermit
Go to solution Solved by colinreay,

As long as the pin is still connected to the traces/mobo, which it looks like it is, you should be fine to bend it back.

Intro

So this summer I've been making some money, and to celebrate, I decided to treat myself to an upgrade. Now, my budget was around $110, as I need the rest to last me the school year and save.

I decided to buy a higher quality component, motherboard (Asus ROG series to be exact), on Ebay. Now, of course for an Asus Maximus motherboard to be priced at $100, there has to be something wrong with it. Well...

The Problem

The second PCI-E x16 slot has a bent pin near the locking mechanism. The picture is below, and was also on the ebay page that I found the product on.

$_57.JPG

I've researched some other people with this problem, and they say to use a small pin to unbend it into place. Wouldn't something go wrong if that pin were to touch another pin? Is it possible to unbend it? Regardless, I really want to use this mobo for uprades in the future, like adding another r9 280x (thats why I bought a good mobo with two pci-e slots).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

-MLGKermit

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

I would just get a small needle and bend it back into place.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

As long as the pin is still connected to the traces/mobo, which it looks like it is, you should be fine to bend it back.

I like good humans and good food

*cut*

*cut*

*cut*

Lmao, the seller definitely isn't part of this forum because he could have fixed it and sold it for like $150 lol

I just saved $50 thanks guys

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified