Corsair 780t PSU Shroud

Dukanater

Hey guys so its been awhile since i posted any updates been working 6 days a week ugh =/ but here are some pics  i just changed the doors on my case to black and im going to do the front panel Orange soon when i have the time much like noaboa did in his build the RED MONSTER.

front_zpsiwhyrtbw.jpg

back_zps3lbl07fd.jpg

Dude it look great!!

did you buy them in black or did you spray them black?

Another question. I will get the Shroud but the slot on the right top. could you give me the exact dimension where i have to cut the slot/line?? That would be great.

Dude it look great!!

did you buy them in black or did you spray them black?

Another question. I will get the Shroud but the slot on the right top. could you give me the exact dimension where i have to cut the slot/line?? That would be great.

i traded my white doors with a guy who had a black case =p so now his case is black with white doors and mine is white with black doors which looks way better =]

absolutely when i get home from work ill post up the measurements.

i traded my white doors with a guy who had a black case =p so now his case is black with white doors and mine is white with black doors which looks way better =]

absolutely when i get home from work ill post up the measurements.

Ok great :) yes it Looks great :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys its been awhile iv been busy but i finally have a notable update!

so here they are finished cuts of the shroud i said i would make they still need to be bent and painted but these are just some rough drafts i wiped up on my laser last night

post-257668-0-24818800-1446882138.jpg

post-257668-0-34944100-1446882133.jpg

so im thinking im going to change the text and make it bigger the A didn't come out with as much detail as id have liked because of the small size. also the dragon was a epic fail id have to scale him up to almost double his current size to get a quality cut like in the rough draft i posted before. 

thoughts? id love some feed bad on which one you liked better keep in mind these will be painted white and everything cut up will be lit up orange to match the rest of my build which can be seen in the original post at the start

Thanks ;)

I ordered the part. My friend couldn't do it for free at his place. And it would've cost a lot. So i had it made at another place. Without the Logo because that was way to expensive more than 100$. So i just got the shroud.

Hey guys its been awhile iv been busy but i finally have a notable update!

so here they are finished cuts of the shroud i said i would make they still need to be bent and painted but these are just some rough drafts i wiped up on my laser last night

attachicon.gif12208083_1060300327337610_844699507_n.jpg

attachicon.gif12208026_1060300320670944_429737828_n.jpg

so im thinking im going to change the text and make it bigger the A didn't come out with as much detail as id have liked because of the small size. also the dragon was a epic fail id have to scale him up to almost double his current size to get a quality cut like in the rough draft i posted before. 

thoughts? id love some feed bad on which one you liked better keep in mind these will be painted white and everything cut up will be lit up orange to match the rest of my build which can be seen in the original post at the start

Oh dude it just Looks awesome!

I'd wish i had the possibilitys to make stuff like that.

Oh dude it just Looks awesome!

I'd wish i had the possibilitys to make stuff like that.

thx man the sad thing is both of those are scrap metal =p just test pieces and will be thrown away at some point. i cant decide on a final design its killing me lol now im thinking about doing this.

thx man the sad thing is both of those are scrap metal =p just test pieces and will be thrown away at some point. i cant decide on a final design its killing me lol now im thinking about doing this.

attachicon.gifnew shroud design.jpg

Why is it scrap metal?

Why test peaces? Are going to by nice metal amd do it with that?

Why would you throw them away? You could try to sell them

Both look abolutly awesome :) but i personally like the second one more

Why is it scrap metal?

Why test peaces? Are going to by nice metal amd do it with that?

Why would you throw them away? You could try to sell them

Both look abolutly awesome :) but i personally like the second one more

well i made them with scrap metal just to see how they could come out and im not really happy with either of them so ill probably re do them a few types till i find one i really like so if i kept them all id end up with a big pile =p

well i made them with scrap metal just to see how they could come out and im not really happy with either of them so ill probably re do them a few types till i find one i really like so if i kept them all id end up with a big pile =p

well if you have the possibility to make it with almost no cost thats awesome ;)

And the choose the best one.

it costs me nothing but my personal time =] i haven't paid a cent for any of them so far ;p

it costs me nothing but my personal time =] i haven't paid a cent for any of them so far ;p

That's great :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I was wondering if you knew the measurements for a psu shroud for the corsair 760t instead of the 780t? Also another questions is that if you know if I can reverse the hard drive cages so that I can put a hard drive bay cover in this case (like the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe has) with access to the hdd from the back if I remove the ssd slot things? Thanks for any answers!

Hi I was wondering if you knew the measurements for a psu shroud for the corsair 760t instead of the 780t? Also another questions is that if you know if I can reverse the hard drive cages so that I can put a hard drive bay cover in this case (like the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe has) with access to the hdd from the back if I remove the ssd slot things? Thanks for any answers!

i do actually have the measurements for a 760t also i made one for Philz69

xfI5WMp.png

this can of course be changed i have the DXF i can take the holes out he used them for his water cooling loop and the text can be taken out 

this is what it looks like bent

Jq6NP4Y.jpg

let me know if you need more info 

Thank you! I was wondering if the front 2 140mm fans that are pre installed would still work with the psu shroud installed? Also I would like to see one or know the measurements for the fan mounts, because I was going to put a 120mm fan in the bottom next to the power supply and then put in the hard drive cages next to that. Thank you for your help again!!!!

Also of the pic of the measurments that you sent me what is the very top plate use for? Its not a piece of the main shroud that you would bend but I just didn't know what it was.

Thank you! I was wondering if the front 2 140mm fans that are pre installed would still work with the psu shroud installed? Also I would like to see one or know the measurements for the fan mounts, because I was going to put a 120mm fan in the bottom next to the power supply and then put in the hard drive cages next to that. Thank you for your help again!!!!

yes the 2 front fans would be fine the shroud was designed to have a rad and fans in the front as you can see in the picture above =]

Also of the pic of the measurments that you sent me what is the very top plate use for? Its not a piece of the main shroud that you would bend but I just didn't know what it was.

i forgot to quote this but the post above you can see it painted white and the res/pump combo is hanging mounted to it

Also whats you opinion about the Corsair 760t and 780t. Also which one would be better to fit a Ekwb predator 360mm AIO. Just wondering! thank you for your help!!

the 780t or 760t would both have plenty of room for a 360 rad on the top or front of the case

Ok what about the phanteks enthoo luxe. Someone said that this rad put quite a bit of pressure on the 8 pin connector because the rad is 70mm thick with the fans