Corsair 780t PSU Shroud

Dukanater

So lets start with Shrouds are awesome they make your case look pretty and neat and they hide your PSU and lets face it everything below the MOBO is not what we want people to focus there eyes on when were looking to impress so im working on a 780t Shroud because well its a beautiful case! The damn window is just to big and all the empty space draws away from the goodies! 

post-257668-0-33798700-1445103090.jpg

post-257668-0-65859200-1442637405.jpg

in the comments below you can see a some drawings of models i plan on making!

Im a fabricator by trade i can make it myself but if i have a .DXF file i can burn it on my laser and id be able to reproduce the part perfectly if others were interested. im also debating adding a set of screw holes to maybe mount SSDs on the left side above the power supply. I run machines good but my cad skillz are poop sadly i need to take some classes.

Hi, i don't acually don't understand what u want to make? A cover for over the psu or? Help me out here :P

Hi, i don't acually don't understand what u want to make? A cover for over the psu or? Help me out here :P

yes its a PSU shroud that goes the the entire length of the case with added fan holes so i can still mount fans in the bottom of the case i also plan on adding small 3d printed brackets to mount SSDs on the left with all the space that would be above the PSU. 

kind of like this

nzxt_h440_26.jpg

yes its a PSU shroud that goes the the entire length of the case with added fan holes so i can still mount fans in the bottom of the case i also plan on adding small 3d printed brackets to mount SSDs on the left with all the space that would be above the PSU. 

kind of like this

nzxt_h440_26.jpg

Ah oke, oh and i missed the part that u have a 780t, i got the 760t, so it will not fit in my case.

But its a good idea and i also want something like that but can't find anything on the webs for it.

#doestilvoort 

this very well done simple to copy shroud doesn't take much tools to make and id highly recommend it if you plan on making just 1 however this differs from my plan to have a full profile i can reproduce on a cnc machine when ever i want as i plan to make them for anyone interested. so if your looking to just make 1 for yourself this is were to start http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/89468-simple-psu-cover-shroud-how-to/

so i realized i took out the part about (looking for some cad skillz) opps  Once i have the full sketches done id like some assistance making it into a .DXF file so that i can burn out the profile on a laser or plasma table and then make the bends with a press brake most likely going to use 16g-20g material and amusing i have a good file i can burn over and over again this finished project will be available to anyone else who is interested in making there own 

I pm'ed you, i'll be more then happy to help you with the drawings! 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.8ghz  Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.SNIPER 5 Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Storage: Kingston V300 Series 240GB Storage: Western Digital Red Pro 3TB Video Card: 2x(SLI) Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II @ 1410mhz / 1600mhz Case: Corsair 760T White Power Supply:  AX1200i  Buildlog: [ Build Log ] Black and Green build

• 4 weeks later...

Im a fabricator by trade i can make it myself but if i have a .DXF file i can burn it on my laser and id be able to reproduce the part perfectly if others were interested. im also debating adding a set of screw holes to maybe mount SSDs on the left side above the power supply. I run machines good but my cad skillz are poop sadly i need to take some classes.

Hi so i also have a Corsair 780t and I've been looking now a few days on the Internet for a PSU shroud for my 780T. I am interested.

It would be awesome if you could you send me the dimensions in mm and I have a friend make it for me.

I would ask you to reproduce it, but I live in Sitzerland so its easier that way, I guess.

Another question: What do you want to cool with the 2 Fans in the shroud?

hey NOABOA im glad to hear your interested i didn't really get as much hype on this post so i kind of just did it and never updated when i was finished so i have all kinds of coolness to share now since you asked =] 

So first off i sat down with Philz69 who helped me out with the cad work and also hooked me up with CORELDRAW and even took the time to teach me how to use it myself so everything your about to see is all thanks to him he helped me and now the sky is my limit. so im going to plug his post here and you can go check out the Shroud i made him on his post also if you want. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/413306-project-g-spot-blackgreenwhite-760t-hardline-tubing-4790k-2x-780/ 

and to answer the fan question. Really just adding them because i can i have nothing i want to cool i just wanted some artwork cut into the shroud with the option of putting fans in ill probably just put RBG LEDs in behind it all when its finished and light it up but the option is there and i like that =]

So here is my first test fit piece

mU1ianA.jpg

Here is a is my second draft i made with included measurements in MM per your request

So3k5Zj.png

Edit: The dotted line is the bend line

And this is my third draft im working on right now and will probably be my finished product maybe im not sure im getting really picky now that i have so many options 

1VwmZod.png

Ah oke, oh and i missed the part that u have a 780t, i got the 760t, so it will not fit in my case.

But its a good idea and i also want something like that but can't find anything on the webs for it.

hey since last time i replied to you i did in fact make a 760T shroud for Philz69 which you can see on his page here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/413306-project-g-spot-blackgreenwhite-760t-hardline-tubing-4790k-2x-780/

the layout and his name could be taken out of it and im sure he wouldn't mind sharing his design hes a cool dude

And as a added bonus here is the video of my laser cutting the 760T shroud that again can be seen finished and bent on the link above ^

WARNING TURN VOLUME DOWN BEFORE HITTING PLAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=2&v=Lpxt9v3uAyk

hey NOABOA im glad to hear your interested i didn't really get as much hype on this post so i kind of just did it and never updated when i was finished so i have all kinds of coolness to share now since you asked =] 

So first off i sat down with Philz69 who helped me out with the cad work and also hooked me up with CORELDRAW and even took the time to teach me how to use it myself so everything your about to see is all thanks to him he helped me and now the sky is my limit. so im going to plug his post here and you can go check out the Shroud i made him on his post also if you want. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/413306-project-g-spot-blackgreenwhite-760t-hardline-tubing-4790k-2x-780/ 

and to answer the fan question. Really just adding them because i can i have nothing i want to cool i just wanted some artwork cut into the shroud with the option of putting fans in ill probably just put RBG LEDs in behind it all when its finished and light it up but the option is there and i like that =]

So here is my first test fit piece

mU1ianA.jpg

Here is a is my second draft i made with included measurements in MM per your request

So3k5Zj.png

Edit: The dotted line is the bend line

And this is my third draft im working on right now and will probably be my finished product maybe im not sure im getting really picky now that i have so many options 

1VwmZod.png

Hi man THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Just wanted to let you know you're awesome.

I will reach out to my friend and ask him to do this :)

But I will not make two holes for the fans. Instead of the fans i will make some holes to mount my pump when I get my watercooling stuff and I will change the logo to the ROG Logo and a writing on it, stick a red plexi glass under it with some red leds.

Could you tell me if it's stable enough tho mount the pump and reservoir on it?

Did you buy CORELDRAW or where did you get it from and is there a similar programm for Mac?

Thanks again and maybe in a few month when I'm finished I will post the result ;)

Greetings from Switzerland

Hi man THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Just wanted to let you know you're awesome.

I will reach out to my friend and ask him to do this :)

But I will not make two holes for the fans. Instead of the fans i will make some holes to mount my pump when I get my watercooling stuff and I will change the logo to the ROG Logo and a writing on it, stick a red plexi glass under it with some red leds.

Could you tell me if it's stable enough tho mount the pump and reservoir on it?

Did you buy CORELDRAW or where did you get it from and is there a similar programm for Mac?

Thanks again and maybe in a few month when I'm finished I will post the result ;)

Greetings from Switzerland

Hey thanks its no problem i wish more people used the 780T and shared mods it doesn't seem to be as popular of a case i thought i would when i came out

I made mine from 16g which is about 1.5mm thick i could probably put it on the floor and step on it and it wouldn't bend so it should be able to handle any weight from a pump and res no problem. assuming your using similar quality steel of the same gauge. how ever i have access to a lot of machines to make these things properly so the quality between ours may differ if your not making a clean bend line with a press brake it may not be ass ridged. but even a cheapo shroud made from like 22g (0.710mm) hand bent should still be able to hold the weight so i guess really dont worry about it if your friend knows what hes doing it should be solid enough to use as a weapon if need be =p

also draw it out on paper if you look at my first post you can see i made it out of the neon green poster board and i left that in my case for at least a week or 2 and it looked really cool as a temp fill in and the more you have to look at the better your ideas get so make a test fit out of paper preferable of a crazy color =] 

if you make a test fit up or have any cool ideas send me some pictures im kind of stumped right now for improvements i can make myself. thinking about taking the front black bezel off the case and making it orange as my case build is black white and orange. also going to paint some of my white ram orange and maybe the mounting bracket for my H100i ill have more pics up soon.

although im not proud of it i pirated CorelDraw x7 as it costs like 800$ and im not using it to make a profit so i don't feel totally terrible you can check pirate bay its a really solid program and i will probably buy a legal copy at some point just because my experience this far with it has been excellent. even a older version for cheaper would probably be worth it.

Hey bro, answer your messages! Did you get your cables? Did you paint the ram?

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.8ghz  Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.SNIPER 5 Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Storage: Kingston V300 Series 240GB Storage: Western Digital Red Pro 3TB Video Card: 2x(SLI) Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II @ 1410mhz / 1600mhz Case: Corsair 760T White Power Supply:  AX1200i  Buildlog: [ Build Log ] Black and Green build

Hey thanks its no problem i wish more people used the 780T and shared mods it doesn't seem to be as popular of a case i thought i would when i came out

I made mine from 16g which is about 1.5mm thick i could probably put it on the floor and step on it and it wouldn't bend so it should be able to handle any weight from a pump and res no problem. assuming your using similar quality steel of the same gauge. how ever i have access to a lot of machines to make these things properly so the quality between ours may differ if your not making a clean bend line with a press brake it may not be ass ridged. but even a cheapo shroud made from like 22g (0.710mm) hand bent should still be able to hold the weight so i guess really dont worry about it if your friend knows what hes doing it should be solid enough to use as a weapon if need be =p

also draw it out on paper if you look at my first post you can see i made it out of the neon green poster board and i left that in my case for at least a week or 2 and it looked really cool as a temp fill in and the more you have to look at the better your ideas get so make a test fit out of paper preferable of a crazy color =] 

if you make a test fit up or have any cool ideas send me some pictures im kind of stumped right now for improvements i can make myself. thinking about taking the front black bezel off the case and making it orange as my case build is black white and orange. also going to paint some of my white ram orange and maybe the mounting bracket for my H100i ill have more pics up soon.

although im not proud of it i pirated CorelDraw x7 as it costs like 800$ and im not using it to make a profit so i don't feel totally terrible you can check pirate bay its a really solid program and i will probably buy a legal copy at some point just because my experience this far with it has been excellent. even a older version for cheaper would probably be worth it.

Yeah me to the 780T is a awesome case. You don't need to worry about space because there is more than enough. When i first saw it and fell in love xD and I just said to my friend who helped me that to big you don't need it and I was like it's cool and I want it. :P so here we are I have no regrets I can only recommend it.

Okay good so then I will mount my pump on it when I get my watercooling stuff but this will take a few month. He knows what he's doing, I think he is working something similar than  you do.

Okay I wil definitly make one out of cardbord.

I just measured again and  the part that you bend isn't reaching the bottom right? Because i measured 75mm height. Did you do that one purpose or does it have a us? Or is it just a mistake?

Of course I will share my ideas with you :)

I'm spraying a few parts on wednesday and thursday if everything goes as planed I will upload a few pics :)

You don't have to be ashamed of it eighter. But i guess they could give it for free for private users because they aren't make much money from us. They make much more money from the companies.

My opinion is as long as you use it for yourself and not making any money of it it's fine.

But thats my opinion maybe I'm wrong.

I just measured again and  the part that you bend isn't reaching the bottom right? Because i measured 75mm height. Did you do that one purpose or does it have a us? Or is it just a mistake?

im not sure i quite understand the question? but the shroud doesn't touch all the way to from left to right of the case because you wouldn't be able to fit it in because the way the door design is even taking out both my GPU's and inserting it at a angle first and then trying to spin it into place it needs to be alittle small or it wont fit in properly. also the front were it is bent down 90 degrees to cover the side of the powersupply doesn't reach all the way to the floor off the case just enough to cover everything you can see if it went all the way down again its a huge pain in the ass to get in. 

rig picture update no shroud it in the picture tho just painted some stuff orange 

hyiE7ED.jpg

Holy balls that looks slick! I dont underdtand how you dont like it!

Have you thought about painting the gpu shrouds white?

Spoiler

im not sure i quite understand the question? but the shroud doesn't touch all the way to from left to right of the case because you wouldn't be able to fit it in because the way the door design is even taking out both my GPU's and inserting it at a angle first and then trying to spin it into place it needs to be alittle small or it wont fit in properly. also the front were it is bent down 90 degrees to cover the side of the powersupply doesn't reach all the way to the floor off the case just enough to cover everything you can see if it went all the way down again its a huge pain in the ass to get in. 

rig picture update no shroud it in the picture tho just painted some stuff orange 

Okay Thank you I just wanted to know if the Shroud touches the bottom.

It Looks great :)

Hi Guys

So yesterday I took screwed off the parts, wich I wanted to spray. I took everything and went to my grandfathers paintshop and started. Before I talked to him in order to get a template for me and a friend of mine. (the top one is mine)

Foil for Logo

so here we are after 3 Minutes of painting and maybe a preperation time of 15 minutes and the time it needs to dry.

Painted side panel

After we take of the paper wich covered the rest of the side panel, it looks like that.

Side panel just with foil on it

So after it dried we removed the foil. And voila. It's not perfect but it looks awesome and I'm proud of myself :)

Side panel with logo

I didn't just paint the side panel. I also sprayed the mesh covers.

I wanted to have strips on it. So we covered the surface wich should stay black with special tape.

Mesh preparation

after we were finished with that, we sprayed the mesh covers.

Mesh covers

Then removed the tape.

mesh covers black Red

So then we're almost finished.

I also painted a part red in the front and back.

I didn't take a before pic so heres just the after.

Top and back red

We have finally painted everything. So I put the parts back on again.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

I PRESENT YOU THE RED MONSTER.

IMG 1639

And here one from the back

RED MONSTER back

Sorry for my bad english :/

And please dont judge my photoshop skills on the last two pics.

I hope you liked it and thanks for reading/watching/looking at my pics.

All pics made with my awesome iPhone 6 Plus :)

I will also upload a video on here if that is possible and if not one on Youtube which you can watch if you like to.

I will also post updates on the PSU Shroud when I get it or make it. :)

Noaboa

Hi Guys

Like promised I uploaded a video to Youtube. If you like to see here's the link

Thanks for the support.

Noaboa

dude that is awesome i wish i had a paint hook up like that i wanted to do myn orange to match the inside how hard was it to take the front and back bezel off? i havent even looked into doing it yet?

Hi Guys

Like promised I uploaded a video to Youtube. If you like to see here's the link

Thanks for the support.

Noaboa

thats just fucking beautiful i would have intercorse with your computer dont even tempt me things might get freaky

dude that is awesome i wish i had a paint hook up like that i wanted to do myn orange to match the inside how hard was it to take the front and back bezel off? i havent even looked into doing it yet?

Yeah it's awesome. And I am very proud of myself. And I am offering every Person who likes this, to make a case like that for him.

It was quite easy I just released the hooks wich hold the front to the metal there are about of 3-4 on each side and then I took carefully the front off. The back has screws.

thats just fucking beautiful i would have intercorse with your computer dont even tempt me things might get freaky

Yeah it's really fucking beautiful and awesome. I am very happy with the result.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys so its been awhile since i posted any updates been working 6 days a week ugh =/ but here are some pics  i just changed the doors on my case to black and im going to do the front panel Orange soon when i have the time much like noaboa did in his build the RED MONSTER.

front_zpsiwhyrtbw.jpg

back_zps3lbl07fd.jpg