August 10th Overkill Buyer's Guide Where to Buy Components

LinusTech

awesome

i5 3470 | MSI B75MA P45 | 8GB Value Ram | Plextor M5S 128GB | Sapphire 7850 | WD Blue 1TB | SF 600W Gold | CM Storm Scout II

I like that intro song what is it?

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

17 NF-F12's?!?  Holy!

And I thought I was a little over the top with 1xNF-F12, 4x NF-P12, and 1xNF-A15 in my Define Mini!

omg :D this is so freaking sick and awesome! thank you for making this awesome video Linus!

Huge fan :)

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Post some pictures please. You really didn't show any good glamour shots of the internals during the vid.

Lol at the twinkies in the background :D

Sick build, 390 € worth of fans alone xD

You could have it be a giveaway XD 

(Ill probably unmount the watercooling loop and sell it lol)

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

That sexyness all in that build! Man that is one sweet awesome video! Great job Linus, as allways!

Get the pun in my name?

6K For a single PC for gaming. Very expensive.

That sexyness all in that build! Man that is one sweet awesome video! Great job Linus, as allways!

Yes very sexy.... just like your profile pict.. very 'SEXY".

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

Can LINUS or anybody else tell me how to use a wrist strap on your ankle?

I can't believe I never thought of that... what do you attach it to?

It drives me crazy to have in on my wrist.

The 2x480+240 rad is already plenty overkill. Wouldn't it have made more sense to replace the 360 for some angled fittings, a pump top and a decent length tube reservoir that was supposedly out of your budget?

no it wouldn't.....

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

hmm ^overkill buyer^ think i am one of them..

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

no it wouldn't.....

Because every drop of performance counts and aesthetics doesn't?

This build needs 40 radiator fans for sub-zero CPU temps

see how in Tiny Tom Logans instruction video:

This was troll video. Those are fake temps. You know that right?

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Because every drop of performance counts and aesthetics doesn't?

Well firstly, it doesn't actually look bad at all and secondly, you have to think about noise you saw how towards the end he showed you how silent the build was..

Well the extra rads gave him the ability to achieve the temps he was getting while having the fans at such a low RPM.

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

good news for me, I already own all these parts basically, will help me decide on how I want to put my loop together :D

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

GIMME THEM NOCTUAS!!! :P

"...The closer you get to something, the tougher it is to see it..."

I actually liked this build even though it was a total overkill. The video was informative, interesting and especially funny! :)

Of course nobody would be so silly to spend this much money on a pc but it's nice to see what you can build if money is irrelevant factor and only the best components matter. I'm glad Linus made this video!

this ^^^^ :)

[NEW System] (CPU) i7-4790k (mobo) ASUS maximins V (GPU) AMD R9 380x (CPU cooling) Corsair h100 (PSU) EVGA 800w (Monitor's) LG 32" ultrawide @ 75hz and a Asus 27" IPS logitech g602 mouse

[OLD System] (CPU) amd athlon x4 760k@ 4.4ghz/ (mobo) MSI FM2-A55M-E33/ (GPU) Gigabyte windforce 7870 / (CPU cooling) Corsair h100/ (PSU) Corsair CX 430w/ (monitor) dell 1980x1080@60hz 21"/ a logitech keyboard and mouse. Phone: Samsung S5  Galaxy s10e .

OLD Laptop: Dell Latitude E6410 with i5 520m and Nvidia NVS 310

Laptop's: Dell precision m2800 i7 4610m with amd firepro w4170m

other laptop Asus.

This was troll video. Those are fake temps. You know that right?

The fact that think you had to explain this is funny :)

The fact that think you had to explain this is funny :)

The way you wrote it was serious.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.