Do you think Violent Games= Violent People?

IMPERIUS

No. Crazy & violent people are crazy & violent, if they play video games or not.

It really made me laugh back in the 1990's, when that stupid "My kid got angry, when I turned off his game

console, as he was playing a game = Playing video games makes kids angry! Yes it does!" BS was going on.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Fact: every criminal in the world has used a toilet.

Keep your children out of danger, make them go outside.

Fact: a criminal once woke up from a nap once.

Keep your children out of danger: don't let them sleep.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

no.

if people think video games make people violent, well then i'd sure as hell like to know what video games people were playing in every war before (and during) the 20th century.

Violent Games= Violent People

the problem with your statement is that you dont say which causes which.

i do agree that Violent People -> Violent Games

but not that Violent Games -> Violent People

This is one of my research sectors, and as far as research goes: No.

Inherently violent people have a stronger tendency to play violent games, but there is no correlation between violent games and induction of violent behavior.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Depends, if it's still damn young for example 5 years old kid, he "can" be violent when he's grown up because he's still learning and if he's used to violent games he might think that violent is the key to everything. Well you can control the kids but it's harder if they've already become violent.

But if you give it to teenager or up they might think twice before processing those violent stuff, there's a possibility that they can turn violent but they might be the same as well.

It can affect emotion though like how they rage if they lose or something....

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Goodie I like this topic and have being studying it in uni, the general and common conclusion in studies is that violent video games can cause aggression in people of all ages, this can be attributed to the difculty of the game, another main thing pointed out is that aggression does not equal violence or violent behavor and most of the aggression that comes from violent video games is generally directed towards the game and not a particular person, animal etc. You probably could make a case that difficult games in general (puzzle games etc.) that contain no violence could also cause aggression.

Nope. If you 'get a rush' from playing games, it doesn't make you want to go out and kill people. It's just adrenaline, unless you have trouble separating reality from fiction.

Nope.

But it can create more situations where people get angry, especially on multiplayer games.

But I don't think that people are more violent when they play violent game, as long as they know what is "good" and "bad".

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

Slow Internet makes violent people.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

No, an equality like that is false. It's too black and white, and it would be silly to accept. Humans are more complex than this.

A regular person with a 'regular' moral compass, 'regular' mental stability, etc etc can tell the difference between fantasy (violent video games) and reality (real violence). It is a stark and horrifying difference.

However, a person with a twisted moral compass or mental instability may not see such clear differences. Violent games could be a rather bad influence on such people. But so would any violent media or behaviour.

I do think there is a measure of "digital desensitization" that occurs in most users, however. A lifetime of violent games will desensitize people from other violence they see on the same screens. Real violence will no doubt still seem scary and awful, but I think this century we'll learn digital empathy can be important too, so maybe this isn't a super great thing to have happen.

But at the end of the day, it's fantasy, and isn't hurting anyone.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

iirc it's been proven that it's actually the other way around. Aggressive people who play violent videogames get less aggressive in real life.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

iirc it's been proven that it's actually the other way around. Aggressive people who play violent videogames get less aggressive in real life.

Source?

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

No. But constantly bugging someone who is playing a game which requires continuous attention may get you killed  :P or at least a violent response in the form of words/violent reaction

Desktop:

CPU : i5 4440 | Motherboard : Gigabyte B85M-D3H | RAM : Kingstone HyperX blu 4GB x2 | GPU : Asus R9 280X DC II Top [RIP 2017] | PSU : Corsair VS 550W | Display(s) : Dell S2240L | Mouse : Logitech G400s | Operating System : Windows 7 64bit

Laptop:

Acer Predator Helios 300 (CPU: Intel Core i5 7300HQ | GPU: GTX 1050ti | RAM: 16GB RAM | Operating System: Windows 10 64bit)

i think violent people are sometimes more attracted to violent games but if a game alone manages to influence your behaviour in the outside world you are really freaking inpressionable.

me for example im not into to much violence in games and cant even stand horror/gore games/films and in real life its similar im very calm usually 

which btw doesnt mean im not gonna hurt someone bad if they try something stupid being able to be violent and and actually acting on it are 2 different things you gotta know who deserves what level of violence.

i mean not many people deserve any violence and even those punks who do you gotta balance how much is enough to make him stop.

if i can twist his arm a bit and make him give up theres no need to break his freaking nose for example.

....anyways thats my take on violent games and violence in general

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Look at it this way - we all know that by far the most violent people in the real world are definitely gamers. They are the ones commiting all the murders, rapes and other heinous crimes out there in the world. That right there is your obvious link.

No wait that isn't true, gamers don't seem to be responsible for all these crimes, infact they are under represented for some reason! Weird huh considering how much as been said about the impact of violence in video games for the past 30+ years. Is no one bored yet?