Do you think Violent Games= Violent People?

IMPERIUS

If you want to spend more time investigating, look up @MomsAgainstGam on Twitter xD I know it might be fake, but it makes me laugh.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

No.

Violence and Anger are both natural human emotions.

Back in the 1940s, they thought if you read to many violent books, you would become violent.

I would say it depends on who you play with. If you're just sitting in a room all night alone rank whoring, you're eventually going to get fucked in the head. That's the upside to the xbox pizza/couch culture -- it's more open to social gatherings and not just "hanging out" in teamspeak playing random dota matches while half-listening to a group talking about other things.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

If that were true, 99.9% of us would be in jail by now

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Does watching jersey shore make you dumb?

ohh shit.......

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Hasn't every study into this proven that the answer is no? Anyway, the answer is no. When I play GTA I pretty much just spend the entire time massacaring people. But I don't have any desire to even hurt a person's feelings in real life.

Shitty gun laws = Violent people

Looking at you america

Answer yo your question is no.

Guns don't cause violence any more than video games do. I don't like guns. I don't like how rediculsly pathetic US gun control is. I don't like the stupid excuses that stubborn gun enthusiast come up with to justify the shitty level of gun control in the US. I pretty much hate everything about them. But even I think what you said is dumb.

DayZ, ARMA 3 etc etc I'm a heartless bitch. In real life I'm basically a pacifist. Hell, the most violent I've ever been was defending myself from drunk idiots attempting to thieve my friends skateboard many years ago.
Anecdotes aside, there is research on this subject. Read up.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

I think it can fuel violent tendencies, but otherwise to the "sane" individual; no.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

DayZ, ARMA 3 etc etc I'm a heartless bitch. In real life I'm basically a pacifist. Hell, the most violent I've ever been was defending myself from drunk idiots attempting to thieve my friends skateboard many years ago.

Anecdotes aside, there is research on this subject. Read up.

I always fantasy being dickslapper in games, but good games make me care for the characters.

When the going gets weirdthe weird turn pro.

no not at all... as long as people understand what they are playing. If there is killing in a game and you are old enough to understand that irl it is horrible and wrong it is fine, but younger kids 5/6 can be affected as they have not been exposed to violence irl. I play chivalry hitman and ac, all gory games but i do not think i have been affected in any way shape or form

Nah, that's just an old fairy tale made by your parents to make you stop from playing sadistic games.

DESKTOP PC :

CPU :RYZEN 5 2600/ GPU :MSI Ventus OC GTX 1660 Ti/ RAM :Team Elite 2x8/ PSU :Corsair CX650M/ HDD :Toshiba 2TB/ SSD :Adata XPG M.2 SATA 265GB/ COOLER :Be Quite 2x140mm / MOBO :Asus TUF B450 Gaming

LAPTOP :

CPU :i7-4710HQ/ GPU :GTX 860M/ RAM :8GB OEM/ HDD :1 TB 

PERIPHERALS :

MOUSE :LOGITECH G502/ HEADSET :HyperX Cloud Alpha/ KEYBOARD :Logitech G Pro 

POSSIBLE PC BUILD :

PC PART LINK

Lags are the cause why people get violent.

This.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

I go into a rather placid state when I'm playing Borderlands 2 (not the most violent game, but not the most flowery either). I'm the same when playing other fps games. It doesn't make me angry or violent, it calms me down. That's impressive since I'm more passive and quiet than most people. I am not a violent person at all.

My parents think they cause violence though. They don't like them. That said, it's like back in the 50s, when people thought TV would rot your brain. Or in the 1850s when people thought that reading novels would rot your brain. Or the 1750s when people thought that literacy would rot your brain. Or the 1650s when people thought that science was heresy. People are always averse to new things that they didn't have when they were young, save for the few people who aren't close-minded little snowflakes. Doubtless there are many people who swear that VR will be the end of society.

Video games don't make you violent. Violence makes you violent.

You realize that just because one person is willing to punch a person in the face, that doesn't necessarily mean they would have committed murder if they had had a gun....right?

Absolutely, but some people are capable of bridging that gap, and you'd have less of those if guns weren't widely available.

Absolutely, but some people are capable of bridging that gap, and you'd have less of those if guns weren't widely available.

Yeah, that argument only works if you outlaw and ban guns all over the world. Criminals always find a way to commit crimes.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Yeah, that argument only works if you outlaw and ban guns all over the world. Criminals always find a way to commit crimes.

Nah, you don't need to get rid of all guns, just reduce the number of them, less guns, less gun deaths, works in most developped countries. It's not a black or white issue that is only worth it if you get rid of the problem completely, it's a balance between freedom and safety. Some restrictions on guns doesn't impede on freedom much, and can have big impacts on safety, even if it's only in the mentality people have towards guns.

Its actually proven that people who play violent video games have a higher pain threshold (just a little fun fact).

A controversial debate for sure.

I think that no, violent games don't produce violent people

However, I think they do add something to the person's character, note not for all but for SOME exceptions. For example if a 11-12 year old kid is playing cod constantly or other games, failing at them, getting mad, I think he may get bigger rages thru time. Or that may even transer into real life. Imagine kids playing gta, cod and other "violent" games their whole life, I think they do add a minor percentage to their "agression" but not to the point where they would kill people or do other mayor crimes but more in the way they may get angry at something/ somebody slightly faster, maybe even get their rage out with breaking things because of those slightly bigger rages while gaming.

And I'm speaking for "normal" people. For those who are already at the edge of killing someone games just push them the last step, maybe because they raged hard and are now ultra mad or something.

Your thoughts? No hate wars pls

Yeah I think video games give young impressionable children a excuse to rage especially children that have problems with to much energy. At least I think this was certainly the case for us 90s kids that weren't introduced to online gaming till we were a little older. For me personally I felt like I was untouchable at games as a kid then I was introduced to online gaming and I suddenly realised that there were people out there that were better than me (AKA had less of a life than me :P) that's not to say I wasn't still pretty good on the grand scale of things but it still passed me off. But no I don't think games drive people to be bad or anything I think that just comes from people that aren't necessarily able to stick to their moral codes and allow themselves to be bullied past the point that they can handle and they lose there shit. Moral of the story is don't let anyone change the things you hold dear about your morality/humanity and you can deal with anything life throws at you.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

no, cuse i doubt IS, osama, bush and many others played CSGO, cod, bf orso ever in their life.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Nah, you don't need to get rid of all guns, just reduce the number of them, less guns, less gun deaths, works in most developped countries. It's not a black or white issue that is only worth it if you get rid of the problem completely, it's a balance between freedom and safety. Some restrictions on guns doesn't impede on freedom much, and can have big impacts on safety, even if it's only in the mentality people have towards guns.

Worth pointing out that what works in one country doesn't necessarily work in another. Case in point, if you look in the US, state by state, the states with the strictest gun laws, have higher amounts of violent crime (not just gun crime, although the amounts of gun crime are also higher) and states with more "relaxed" gun laws, have less violent crime and less gun crime. Mainly because those states have more people who can defend themselves, and criminals know this. Criminals tend to naturally gravitate towards places where their success is more likely. And when every gas station might have a gun behind the counter, well....is it really worth that risk?

Also, take into account that the number of gun deaths per year in the US isn't always an accurate number, as the government and biased media like to include suicides by gun, in that number. Which isn't necessarily an accurate representation of gun crime.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Violent games don't make people murderers any more than flight sims make people pilots, or sports games make people sports stars.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro