DAN Cases - A4-SFX the smallest ITX gaming case in the world

dondan
header220jk9.jpg

Introduction

The A4-SFX case is a one-man project with the goal of creating the smallest case possible while still using high-end standardized components, such as Core i7 processors and powerful full-length GPUs such as the GeForce GTX 980 Ti.

The result is a unique product that is much smaller than all competing cases. This case is perfect for SFF (Small Form Factor) enthusiasts, those who need a highly portable system, developers who require a case with a smaller footprint due to limited desk space, and gamers who want a high-end PC experience in their living room.

How it works

A number of creative ideas were needed to create the case. Using a PCIe extender allowed for the most prominent design feature of this case, which is the location of the GPU behind the motherboard. The A4-SFX will come with the highest quality PCIe extender on the market, made by 3M, which allows for PCIe Gen3 and Gen4 support.

The case allows for easy mounting of either SFX or SFX-L power supplies. The PSU is located in the front of the chassis.

Depending on the size of the PSU, up to two 2.5” HDDs or SSDs can be mounted in the drive bay. This drive bay could potentially be mounted with rubber spacers to reduce vibration. A third drive can be mounted behind the front cover.

Every component is able to cool itself by getting fresh air directly from the outside. Hot air in the case will move to the top and then outside without the need of an extra fan. This principle works perfect and results in an amazing cooling efficiency compare to other cases.

Specification

Case Dimensions (H x W x D): 200 x 112 x 317mm, 7.25L 

Overall Dimensions: 205 x 112 x 327mm (including feet and rear protrusions)

Weight: 1,25 Kg

Graphic cards support: Dual-Slot up to 295mm length
Motherboard support: Mini-ITX
Power Supply support: SFX, SFX-L

Drives: 3 x 2.5" HDD/SSD

Front ports: 1 x USB 3.0 (internal 20pin plug)

Power button: Premium-grade button

Material: 1.5mm aluminum, brushed exterior

Sidepanels: Easily clippable with Lian Li Push Pin technology

Colors: Anodized black or silver exterior, matte black painted interior

Risercard: Includes the 3M Twin Axial 300mm riser cable PCIe Gen3+ support, Link: 3M product page

Find out more on: www.dan-cases.com

Gallery

a4sfx_1-thumb43yfs.jpga4sfx_2-thumb4hbp9.jpga4sfx_3-thumb3fl74.jpga4sfx_4-thumbf4l89.jpga4sfx_5-thumbdulc3.jpga4sfx_6-thumb80x4k.jpg

a4sfx_7-thumbs9x5e.jpga4sfx_8-thumbfaygp.jpga4sfx_9-thumb5jlph.jpga4sfx_10-thumb95bw3.jpga4sfx_11-thumbvazgc.jpg

FAQ

When will it available again?

End 2016, early 2017.

How much will it cost?
Around $200-230 + shipping + tax (depending on where you are located)

It is possible to get the case with dust filters?

No they are not included, but I will try to make them buyable with Demiflex.

Why does it only have one USB 3.0 port on the front?

After much discussion, I have decided that one port is enough for most users as having more ports on such a small case will hurt the aesthetics of the case.

Where do you ship?

Worldwide

Does the case includes a manual?

Yes, every case includes a manual paper in two languages (German & English).

How do you ensure that the backside of the GPU does not make contact with the metal motherboard tray and SFX PSU?
The motherboard tray and PSU will have a non-conductive shield attached in order to ensure that the back of the GPU does not come into contact with bare metal.

Compatibility

Asus (measure the height from bottom of PCIe Socket to top)

• ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 OC = fit (2mm over dualslot isn't a problem)

EVGA (measure the height from bottom of slot bracket to top)

• EVGA GTX 1080 = fit
  • EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0 = fit
  • EVGA GTX 1080 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 = fit
  • EVGA GTX 1080 FTWGAMING ACX 3.0 = fit

Gainward

• Gainward GTX 1080 Phoenix = incompatible in width
  • Gainward GTX 1080 Phoenix GS = incompatible in width

Gigabyte

• Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 = fit
  • Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Extreme = incompatible in width

Inno3D

• Inno3D GTX 1080 HerculeZ Twin X2 = fit
  • Inno3D iChill GeForce GTX 1080 X4 = incompatible in width and length
  • Inno3D iChill GeForce GTX 1080 X3 = incompatible in width and length

KFA2

• KFA² GeForce GTX 1080 = fit
  • KFA² GeForce GTX 1080 EX OC = fit

MSI (measure the height from bottom of PCIe Socket to top)

• MSI GTX 1080 AERO 8G = fit
  • MSI GTX 1080 AERO 8G OC = fit
  • MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G = could be to high (too high power socket)
  • MSI GTX 1080 ARMOR 8G = could be to high (too high power socket)
  • MSI GTX 1080 ARMOR 8G OC = could be to high (too high power socket)

NVIDIA

• NVIDIA GTX 1080 Founder Edition = fit

Palit

• Palit GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock = incompatible in width
  • Palit GeForce GTX 1080 JetStream = incompatible in width
  • Palit GeForce GTX 1080 Super JetStream = incompatible in width

Zotac

• Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! = fit
  • Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme = incompatible in width

Oh god....

Makes me want to build a Mini-ITX PC....

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

I do like Lian Li cases, heck I have one. But why do they suck so much in the dust filter department? And why do they not understand the importance of a positive or neutral preassure in a case?

It is cool to see the vulgar gigantic cases go out of style (I'm looking at you 900D). But with an R9 Nano you could mount the PSU sideway and shave off at least 5 centimeters more. Man is 2016 going to be interesting. Tiny super powerful PC'*s with NVME SSD's talking up little space.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I love the layout BUT, I would love to see it a bit wider and taller so you can add in room for a 240mm rad.

I would love to create a custom loop in something like that. other then that awesome case.

Edit:

I posted a topic on this a few months ago but at that time there wasn't an official website or product photos.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/368044-a4-the-smallest-gaming-case-series-in-the-world/

the person who posted this looks like, to me, the owner of the company.

I do like Lian Li cases, heck I have one. But why do they suck so much in the dust filter department? And why do they not understand the importance of a positive or neutral preassure in a case?

It is cool to see the vulgar gigantic cases go out of style (I'm looking at you 900D). But with an R9 Nano you could mount the PSU sideway and shave off at least 5 centimeters more. Man is 2016 going to be interesting. Tiny super powerful PC'*s with NVME SSD's talking up little space.

or a case like this but with a spot for any size rad, 120 or 240.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Even if you have dust filters you still get dust in your case. If you clean your computer monthly, dust filters don't have any benefits, they only add cost to the case and reduce fan airflow. Doesn't matter how good a fan is, a dust filter will make it perform worse.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

the person who posted this looks like, to me, the owner of the company.

oops...

Sorry for calling you out on this!!

Btw I think this case is so god damn cool and would buy one in a heart beat if i had a use for a m-itx system

Even if you have dust filters you still get dust in your case. If you clean your computer monthly, dust filters don't have any benefits, they only add cost to the case and reduce fan airflow. Doesn't matter how good a fan is, a dust filter will make it perform worse.

Can't be arsed to do it once a month. I'd rather have an easy access dust filter, i can clean quickly once a week or so. Then I only have to clean my case once a year.

This is a premium alu case. Some cheap plastic filters aren't going to change anything.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Very good idea to put the PCBs back to back like that, saves a lot of room and makes two zones for the components.

it's great BUT it's too expensive.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Can't be arsed to do it once a month. I'd rather have an easy access dust filter, i can clean quickly once a week or so. Then I only have to clean my case once a year.

This is a premium alu case. Some cheap plastic filters aren't going to change anything.

Even if you have dust filters, if you only clean it once a year it's going to be about the same amount of dust in there. You just end up suffocating the fans.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Even if you have dust filters, if you only clean it once a year it's going to be about the same amount of dust in there. You just end up suffocating the fans.

I don't know what dust filters you have used, but that has definitely not been my experience.  I don't think I would buy a case that doesn't have them.

I don't understand why tiny cases cost $200+, shouldn't it cost less?

HTID

the cost of all aluminum. mATX and ATX all aluminum case start at around 300

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Unfortunately a bit out of my price range right now (Not so fun fact: Kinder gardens are fucking expensive as shit, even public access education ones) but this alone with the N-case are the most clever ITX designs I've seen, definitively on my list.

-------

Current Rig

-------

now thats some self advertisement im fine with, looks very clean, like it belongs in a CEOs office.

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

A large reason for it being so expensive is also that it's a custom case like the NCASE M1. Since it will be produced on such a small scale, the price per unit needs to increase. Also having so much aluminum really doesn't help with the price either.

In about 2 months, the title of this thread will have to be changed. I am going to top this within 5L, and still have a full sized GTX 980 Ti, a 6700k and 32gb of memory in a smaller enclosure. Oh, and mine will have dust filters. Let the ITX war begin  B)

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Not with good fine-mesh ones. You're thinking of the filters of eight or more years ago. The newer ones, especially Silverstone's, are incredibly good.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd