Anyone had bought a item and got a weird bonus?

computernerd123

There's a company I buy from here in the UK (can't ever remember which, think it's overclockers) that always send a small pack of Haribo sweets in package. First time I thought it was some poisoned stuff lol

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

There's a company I buy from here in the UK (can't ever remember which, think it's overclockers) that always send a small pack of Haribo sweets in package. First time I thought it was some poisoned stuff lol

Wiggle also sometimes do that xD

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Pharmacies in spain that give you a pack of tissues with every purchase

As if everyone going to a pharmacy has a cold...lol

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I remember when I bought a PSP I got a tin of Heinz beans for free lol

ive got harribos odd memory sticks, stickers, got a free SD card with a phone, which i then returned for some reason i cannot remember (RMA maybe...) and recived another SD card :) 

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

I bought some YuGiOh cards online and got a Magic: The Gathering card as a bonus. Not really useful to me, but okay then...

COMIC SANS

I bought a gamestop card on a discount $20 for a $25 and recieved two of them, and they honored it. 

I only bought it to trade it in for a shell card... because cheap gas lol. So i got myself 2 $25 shell cards

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Pharmacies in spain that give you a pack of tissues with every purchase

As if everyone going to a pharmacy has a cold...lol

Use them for free fapping!

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I bought a game from amazon marketplace, I think it was Final Fantasy XIII for PS3 and it came with a magazine about Japanese videogames, manga, anime etc. This is of course fitting and it was a legit magazine some people pay money for, not advertisement crap. But what really caught me off guard was the reviews of hentai that were included. Not that I'm particularly sensitive, but it just didn't expect it, given that I only ordered a 12+ rated game.

I bought a GTX 970 from Nvidia and got a free copy of Arkham Knight, which oddly doesn't run.

I bought a GTX 970 from Nvidia and got a free copy of Arkham Knight, which oddly doesn't run.

That's not a weird bonus. That was part of their promotion.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

bought a razer bag and got extras :)

A promotional item that doesn't work qualifies as weird. A game that can barely run on a graphics card I bought is a strange promotion.

doesn't run? why? can't you just use lower settings?

Because its completely broken. It crashed last time in the menu

maybe drivers will fix, its also worth doing a fresh install

maybe drivers will fix, its also worth doing a fresh install

it's a well known issue that the PC version of BM:AK is broken. I bought it and get all sorts of crashes. Rocksteady are having to spend a lot of time fixing it, and afaik, it has been pulled from retail until it is fixed

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

I got myself a PVC figure of Takao from Arpeggio of blue steel from ebay and received a bag of green tea.

Funny thing is at the time i was just sitting at my PC n i'm like "i need a drink :/" nek minit, Postie shows up mid way through boiling kettle.

I just went "fuck it" plopped the bag in ma cup and waddled back over to my PC, twas a rippa of a day.

I want a casual meeting with an Elephant, Orangutan, Crow and a Bottlenose Dolphin. 

That's overclockers, they're awesome for doing that (It always seems to be tangfastics as well)

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

it's a well known issue that the PC version of BM:AK is broken. I bought it and get all sorts of crashes. Rocksteady are having to spend a lot of time fixing it, and afaik, it has been pulled from retail until it is fixed

Interim patch is out now, seems to have fixed 90% of the issues I had previously. 

When I bought the boxed version of Presonus Studio One Professional (music production software) it came with a recipe with instructions on how to cook some traditional Brazilian meal.

The funny thing is the actual food recipe was provided by Presonus themselves and not some food company they were co-operaring with or whatever.

I might still have it around somewhere.

Bought an LCD monitor from china (barebones) and got a little net of chocolate money... tasted good tho.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

I bought a small monocular telescope from china and I got some smd leds lol.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Bougth rc car parts and i got a set of aliminium 1/10 scale bbs rims with tyres and aluminium hex adapters. (Note that the total value of my order was WAY PAST 170£ and the rims+hex adapters are 12£ per wheel together)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

I bought a Plextor M6 Pro SSD and got a free pouch and a USB to Sata + Power as the guy was so surprised that I was paying for it myself and not getting my parents to.

TIL: The average person in Singapore gets their parents to buy them things. Someone was impressed I paid for it myself 

(Im 15)