Why don't UPS' come with more Surge Protection?

I was recently looking at getting a UPS for my computer (We had a power outage yesterday, that was annoying)

I noticed UPS don't typically come with alot of surge protection.

I had been looking at a 1500VA UPS with 865 Watts and I read that it only had a little more than 350 Joules of surge protection.

My current Surge Protector has 3020 Joules of protection.

What am I missing LTT? Why is there such a low amount of protection on a UPS like that?

HALP!

(Yes, there is an a, not an e)

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore
CPU: Intel i7 5930K | Motherboard: MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | 

idk but you could plug your ups into your surge protector :P problem solved

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

-SNIP-

UPS's don't typically have a lot of surge protection because it's a battery backup system, even if your power doesn't go out and say it there is a large variation in voltages due to a thunderstorm it will kick in the battery backup to correct for an over or undervoltage situation. Many smart UPS's have a tolerance which you can change for when that occurs.