deceptive reviews and shoddy advertisement practices being cracked down on in youtube re Machinima/xbox 1

nunya bus

Someone really got some attention with this thread.

I think common sense should tell most people with a negative mindset, if a channel attempts something "shady" like being paid to say something nice about a hardware, or gaming system, it's going to hurt them in the long run. Why risk that? Everyone is entitled to their own opinions about what they think is going on behind the scenes, and that's cool. But, be realistic when you try to bring such a outrageous opinion to a public forum like this. What's your reasoning behind it? Just because Machinima was caught doing shady business means every successful channel must be? Nope, sorry.

I think it's fair to say (or not fair, I don't care) that there is extremely negative reasoning behind a post like this. Don't be rude simply because he runs extremely insightful media company. And don't be jealous that he gets amazing hardware to test, use and review and you don't. If he has made it this far, he's put hard work into it. It's clearly not an over-night thing. If you love AMD, cool. Don't dog on someone because they choose to use and make more videos with nVidia hardware because it's BETTER for their uses. And simply better hardware in general. (no nVidia did not pay me to say that)

If you came to his site, or watched his videos, it's for one reason... you wanted to learn something. I randomly ran across one of his videos and was blown away at how informative it was. I work in IT, and I love hardware and know it pretty well, and I still don't know 20% of everything these guys know and talk about in their videos everyday. You WILL NOT, find more creative, informative, or even better content then what these guys are making in their videos. I would love to do what these guys do everyday. So would everyone else hear, that's why they voice their opinion in support, or dogging them for trying to make "shady" content.

They're some of the most honest based opinions I've ever listened to on YouTube when it comes to hardware, they will tell you if it sucks or it's awesome. Pretty simple.

Ok so I've read enough of this thread that I actually had to sign in and reply.

Well no shit Linus sells products and promotes sponsors.  Its what the channel is for, a showcase for technology and a list of crap to buy.  It's kind of irrelevant to argue weather or not he 'sold out' because he's been taking intel's sponsor money for years, same with Kingston and MSI and probably tons of other companies.  And again, that makes sense, they make high end tech stuff and they know he sells that and has an engaged audience that wants what they sell.  It doesn't really matter if intel pays off linus because the numbers don't lie, the 6700k is a fantastic processor, LTT will do reviews that show numerically that it's probably the best consumer CPU on the market, and it will sell like fucking hot cakes (on a related note, how well do hot cakes sell?).  At the same time, Kingston still makes great ram and SSDs and their 3000mhz ddr4 is good price/performance and will sell... like hotcakes.  So really, what does it matter if they're sponsoring linus, and shoving their crap everywhere they can?  Why does it matter if intel literally crams their CPUs down linus's throat?  They still make the best CPUs on the market, they will sell like hotcakes no matter what because of that, putting them in linus's office and videos and sponsor spots won't change that and ultimately they're buying sponsor space to people who are already interested in their products.  

Now if I have a problem with linus (and I do) it's the free crap they just keep for personal use.  There is a difference between using it in the office, where it helps objectively improve the company, and putting a titan in your personal rig for the lolz because nvidia gave you a pallet of them.  Is it corrupt?  Probably not.  Is it disingenuous?  Well no, you disclose it at every opportunity.  But it still feels slimy and dumb.  Does it color your opinion of the product?  Yes, yes having one for personal use that you didn't pay for does color your view.  Now, that color might just be confirming what the benchmarks say, or even just giving you a better insight into every day use of the product (like with a smart watch).  But for best respect from your community, you probably shouldn't just keep all this shit to horde in your hall of loot.

So what is my real opinion of LTT and Linus in general?  Well I mostly trust your reviews.  You do tend to back up your opinions with numbers and benchmarks.  And you don't tend to review crap.  For instance, I don't see you reviewing cases like the Cooler Master: Elite 344 (http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mini-tower/elite-344-usb2/), because it's cheep garbage. The Cooler Master: Master Case is not cheep garbage neither is the i7 4970K or the Pentium G3258 or the GTX 980ti.  You have a good sense of what is terrible garbage and what isn't.  It's good to see that every once in a while a cool product turns out to be crap, or that an unexpected product turns out to be ballin as shit, but overall I think your time at NCIX probably gave you a good idea of what is crap and what isn't.  ALL OF THAT SAID your change to vessel has produced a change in the channel.  I can't really put my finger on it, but you have a less slap-dash approach, a less 'on the spot' feel.  Maybe that's just the channel maturing, but I miss the whole "open a box on a bench and review whats inside" approach that you used to have, it felt very honest, even if it wasn't.  Things feel a little too scripted and planned.

So do I sound like a naive child?  Well maybe, but I feel like I agree with Linus and Luke a lot in their stuff.  I like to think that I can spot garbage products a long ways away and just don't want anything to do with them.  But at the same time... OF COURSE LINUS GETS MONEY FOR THIS SHIT.  Of course intel gives him money.  Of course nvidia gives him free crap.  But you need to ask, does that matter?  Are these products crap because of that?  The answer is no.  Free titans to not make the titan bad and certainly do not invalidate the monster FPS in the benchmarks.  I just wish Linus was less childish and... idk... greedy?  with items he's allowed to keep.  Just because you don't have to return stuff, I don't think that means it should go in your personal rig.

So many words lol.

TL:DR read versions.

I watched a lot of tech video's before signing up with this site, why? Because LMG seems like a pretty legit place to get information from members as well as the company itself. Does that mean I take everything LMG says as gospel? No. YOU as a free thinking human being have to make your OWN choices and decide whether or not something fits the bill for you. You like AMD? Great! You like nVidia? Great! Do some of YOUR OWN research and make a decision based off of that. Don't expect LMG to make a decision for you. 

A lot of assumptions being made here.

We don't take money to do reviews. We never have.

We take money to do advertisements, which are never labeled as reviews.

NVIDIA provided the graphics cards (and Cooler Master sent cases and coolers, ASUS sent motherboards, Intel sent CPUs, Kingston sent SSDs and RAM, Swiftech sent water cooling gear) for our editing workstations for product placement in the whole room water cooling series of videos we produced featuring this hardware extensively.

In the grand scheme of things, $6000 of graphics cards (don't imagine that's their BOM cost on them either) is a great deal for 1-2M impressions on a series of videos about using them.. but those videos were NOT a review. They were about a clearly sponsored (we said it was more than once) outrageous project.

As for sending "keeper" vs "loaner" units of hardware, yeah for many products we just don't do loaners anymore, but more than anything else this is to do with me not feeling like it's worth my time to play email tag for shipping labels and spend an hour driving to FedEX and filling out stupid international bill of landing and commercial invoice nonsense over like a $100 item that costs more to send back than to just not bother with anyway.

That and quite frankly even a negative review (for some reason) often generates a lot of sales for the manufacturer.. so as far as I'm concerned they can eat the cost of the item and I'll do whatever I want with it when we're done reviewing it - whether that's continuing to use it personally (Pebble Steel and iPhone 6 come to mind) - or re-visiting it only when we need to re-do our comparative numbers (

)

And on the subject of the Pebble and iPhone 6 - these are both items that were NOT provided by the manufacturer. One was purchased for my own use and the other was provided by a separate sponsor who makes skins for phones (dBrand), but I didn't necessarily mention this at the time because who cares? It doesn't colour my impressions of the device.

Here's an item I wasn't allowed to keep and won one of the two editor's choice awards I've ever given out:

Here's an item was allowed to keep that I ripped apart saying it was worse across the board than the two similar products from other manufacturers that I compared it against:

Here's an item I was allowed to keep that I basically ripped apart on camera and sent it back anyway because it had so little value to me I didn't even want to give it to a friend:

And I could do this all day..

You may notice that most of the items we review we are fairly positive about. There is a reason for this, and it has nothing to do with being paid to review it.

I don't generally bother to review stuff that I already know is stupid junk.

The bottom line is this. You can either trust me or not trust me. Ultimately that's your deal. My job is to do what I do, and the people who recognize it for what it is - my opinion being given to you - will follow, and the others can go find someone who maybe they think "hasn't sold out" but might just "happen to agree with them" to listen to. Enjoy.

beyond rekt

post-252748-0-48773300-1441512022.png

potato.

To bring this conversation all the way the fuck back to the beginning and on topic.

so I have been trying to get Linus and Luke to start acknowledging the boundaries at which their company/ channel needs to start disclosing wheather they are paid for their videos by the products or the companies that get them to review the products. in exchange for free hardware/software. or any exchange of goods for the reviews LTT does. 

some very interesting things have happened last few days regarding this 
The FCC and the FTC publicly branded Machinima for participating in deceptive ad practices pertaining to the Xbox 1 launch. 
where they got the reviewers to make videos abt Xbox 1. and imposed limits and restrictions on what could be said etc. and also compensated them for every 1,000 views. 

This reveals a very dark spot in the review world. One that I have become increasingly frustrated with. 
Because Im subscribed to Jay, Linus, Hardware Cunucks. pauls hardware etc. And the other week. I had 5 videos in a row reviewing the exact same case. 

It's clear the marketing teams of the companies have purchased spots on these channels before launch, and had them review it. 

except. They were all paid for the reviews. This is illegal. Its not allowed in real television, and most people dont know this. but the FCC and FTC rule it on the internet as well. 

The issues I have with this are clear. The channel exposure for LTT is HUGE. and to companies Linus and Luke are called "influencers" in the marketing world. Because when they have something to say. The audience will base their decisions off of what these guys and other youtubers etc have to say. 

This is what we call a "CONFLICT OF INTEREST" 

And I must say I have been getting lots of ridicule on the LTT youtube comments about it. however this weeks ruling by the FTC AND FCC show that this practice is not to be done anymore. And youtube and the FCC/FTC have pledged to start going after influencers that do this sort of thing. 

The issue comes to disclosure. 
take the GPU boost video just done. 
Luke mentions that Nvidia gave them 6 Titan X's for their workstations. and LTT have done numerous reviews for Nvidia hardware. 
It may not be relevant in this video. But how are we to know if they are being paid to make these or they are just doing it. WE DONT 
And  this is where the lines are mudded up. 

this needs to change and it will as the relevant authorities are now as I said cracking down on it. 

And I must say that. in the GPU video launched today. I am seeing a lot of backlash regarding the way this channel has become. 
every video is just endless infomercials. and done in a terrible way. 
first 20 seconds is an advertisement. followed by the paid/unpaid "review" followed by more ad to close the show 

I really hope Linus sees this, and starts to address it because we need to have disclosure. about exactly why the "review is being done'
it should be disclosed if they keep the product after the review. If they were paid to make the review. or it was done in exchange for any favours . 
Because how are we to know. especially in  such a field where reviews really influence someone's purchase of a product or not. 

On the topic of noticing pretty much every reviewer throw out a review at the same time. It is called an NDA deadline. I'm sure you've heard about them. Just because it's not a hot topic like the latest Titan does not mean that a company does not want reviews published before their official release date. However, in order for the reviewers aka 'Influencers' to maintain their viewership, they will all want to post such information as early as possible (Linus has previously said that within 24h +/- it doesn't change that much, but anything after a week means he'll get no views).

Obviously the company sends out this product (as they are not on the market yet) for the reviews to be done. This does not mean that the reviewers were paid to make the review, but if they don't it is equivalent to losing content for them versus their rivals. Not to mention that you could call them out for NOT featuring the item in their videos and thus calling them biased against this company. Therefore they will review the product and they will put this information in a timely manner in keeping with the competition.

hes not lieing here. 
the GFX cards and hardware dont mean anything to him, BECAUSE HE GETS IT FOR FREE 
This is how glub Linus is. 

What matters is is that he is selling reviews and getting paid. 
if he disclosed on every review/ad that he was given expensive samples. and NVidia promise to keeps all his systems updated in the future (which they do) 
how many ppl would be like. Fuck that. this review isnt worth a damn thing 

As far as I can tell, they already do disclose this information. Every time the host says "sponsored by", they were paid by said company to make a video which might happen to be that one. Any time they say "[  ] sent us", that company provided a free sample which is currently being reviewed, but currency was not exchanged.

And as you can tell from the other replies to this thread, clearly certain people have formed the opinion that the reviews done by LTT are not worth much, but it should also be clear that many many more people do believe that what LTT says is factual if not a little biased by personal preference (which is impossible to avoid as a  human).

Linus clearly stated that he chose the Titan Xs for his crew's workstations because he does believe that on the market, they are the best value for the work they are doing with the programs they are using. This is entirely possible considering that they primarily do not game on their editing rigs and thus can ignore practically all performance metrics not directly related to their workflow.

PS I did not actually watch the case review by LTT for the case you mentioned as 1) Hardware Canucks already posted theirs 2) I'm not in the market for cases so a quick visual let me know pretty much all I cared to know.

PPS And now back off topic

To the person I forgot to quote about lack of AMD stuff:  I too am a red fan and yet, I recognize that they do not have many new products. We will get the Nano review when it comes. The comparison for auto-overclocking admittedly could have used AMD, but I do not think the intent was to show off NVidia's abilities so much as question why manufacturers of 2ndary cards even bother with putting Base and Turbo clockspeeds on their boxes when clearly even 6 reference cards can all achieve those numbers at boost and that none of them were restrained to the stated Turbo speed.  Also I believe the card they used to showcase driver changes was one of their oldest cards (possibly oldest... possibly personal rig), though I concede they could have also used an AMD card. As for DX12, all I've seen is 1 review by PCPer and it's possible they're the only ones with access to that bench for free. Not to mention that review did not as of yet have any of the higher tier/newer cards out of either company (looking at Titans and Furies). They brought it up during the WAN show that the information is interesting, but as there have been no  replicated results and it was probably not in their release schedule and there's already so much controversy between NV and Oxide devs that it's probably not worth their time to try and see if they can replicate the results now.

I never thought you would be so defensive about this whole thing Linus, your last comment doesn't help the situation either. It's basically saying to me "Don't like advertisements? Get out"

Here's the thing though, I don't want to get out, I like your channel and would like it to remain interesting but it's being derailed into a direction some viewers don't want to see it go down.

I'll point it out again here since you don't seem to care what I say on Twitter. Your viewers have grown to expect more from you than silly product placement disguised as a review, I get it don't worry, everyone needs to put food on the table somehow however you've fallen so low to the point that a lot of viewers have even started bashing the WAN show as a huge ad.

This one could have been really helpful but it isn't.

My voice has been heard. Instead of putting up a defensive barrier and labeling these kinds of comments as complaints made by illiterate children I hope you consider the opinions of all your viewers not just the blindly loyal.

The "Best Buy" computers is the defense people make that Linus's video's are biased and his quality has gone down?!? It was a good video, I liked it, and it was clearly stated as "Best Buy asked us to do this" ??? It was perfectly clear that they were computers chosen from, you guessed it, Best Buy's inventory. 

Good grief people, get a life, make your own opinions and choices, and if you don't like what he's doing and you think you can do it better or easier... then do it.

Am I the only one who feels like this thread was completely derailed at some point? :/

How?

Anyway, forgot to write about the whole FCC thing.

That one is also funny to me. As said, LMG is Canadian company. When it uses service like this forum, Youtube and Vessel (plus Twitter, Instagram and Facebook) it works under US jurisdiction. But Still, FCC can only go for their content on those services. And I think they really can't do much for that either. There isn't so much hard evidence that they could shutdown whole channel/account. So they can only make region block. So blocking US out. With international viewership, thats hard hit but community will pull together and go for Vessel. Which is already different as you pay for content so essentially FCC is helpless-

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

How?

Anyway, forgot to write about the whole FCC thing.

That one is also funny to me. As said, LMG is Canadian company. When it uses service like this forum, Youtube and Vessel (plus Twitter, Instagram and Facebook) it works under US jurisdiction. But Still, FCC can only go for their content on those services. And I think they really can't do much for that either. There isn't so much hard evidence that they could shutdown whole channel/account. So they can only make region block. So blocking US out. With international viewership, thats hard hit but community will pull together and go for Vessel. Which is already different as you pay for content so essentially FCC is helpless-

Sorry but your arguement is that the channel is biased so they should go exclusive on Vessel to evade the FCC?

I just hope there are more AMD and Nvidia videos. I can point out two videos in the near past that only featured Nvidia. The GPU Boost video and before that the driver video. No AMD content. I personally think it would be much more interesting to feature both graphics cards and see how they compare.

For the driver video the point wasn't whether it was nvidia or AMD but how drivers change over time for a GPU. It would have been a whole big mess for AMD. I mean they completely re-write their driver starting with a much older version to fix crossfire. Then there was the Omega drivers and Mantle. Now a barrage of Beta non WHQL certified drivers. Nvidia was by far the more stable choice to look at when you care more about the results than what's creating it. It was more of an enjoyable thought experiment that anything.

I bet Luke would be on board with doing it for AMD if they ever got that many of the same card. Those cards were not sent to them for that purpose. Though I don't know if AMD runs as much over advertised as Nvidia does and that's kinda what was being tested.

I never thought you would be so defensive about this whole thing Linus, your last comment doesn't help the situation either. It's basically saying to me "Don't like advertisements? Get out"

Here's the thing though, I don't want to get out, I like your channel and would like it to remain interesting but it's being derailed into a direction some viewers don't want to see it go down.

I'll point it out again here since you don't seem to care what I say on Twitter. Your viewers have grown to expect more from you than silly product placement disguised as a review, I get it don't worry, everyone needs to put food on the table somehow however you've fallen so low to the point that a lot of viewers have even started bashing the WAN show as a huge ad.

This one could have been really helpful but it isn't.

My voice has been heard. Instead of putting up a defensive barrier and labeling these kinds of comments as complaints made by illiterate children I hope you consider the opinions of all your viewers not just the blindly loyal.

"you've fallen so low to the point that a lot of viewers have even started bashing the WAN show as a huge ad"

Can you be more specific? Is it because Linus have more ads? Or because you find the ads are not worthy of being portrayed in the videos?

Your viewers have grown to expect more from you than silly product placement disguised as a review,

and you have a problems with product showcase? Linus has been doing that for quite a while, even the old unboxing could be counted as product placement.

To me, the Linus Tech Tips channels has always been an "all-rounder" tech channels where any videos related to tech can be uploaded: from the unboxing, reviews, DIY projects, build logs, handy tips AND many more, including product showcase.

Yes, we can expect more from Linus, but that does NOT mean your expectations are always met. Can't you not enjoy the variety of his content? 

Then again, even now I don't understand what many people are mad about.

Do I have some criticism for LMG? Absolutely!!! but that's about how many recent videos are structures, and it's a topic for another day 

Look at this TTL (OC3D) review of the Asus Maximus VI Extreme in June 2013 when the board was brand new and the flagship ASUS motherboard. Now can you imagine LTT tearing it apart in the same way? I have watched the Linus review and its a product infomercial filmed in his back garden. TTL said he would probably be blacklisted by ASUS because of it

The channel is great for product infomercials and marketing but for serious reviews and discussion of flagship products no.

I don't understand this thread. Is this just a bunch of fanboys getting upset that their product of choice wasn't received well by LMG? I though Linus went with Nvidia cards for their CUDA capabilities, and Intel because AMD just doesn't have enough to offer for their particular needs.. Some videos were a little confusing, the Best Buy Laptop video comes to mind most readily. But knowing that things like Scrapyard wars or whatever else projects they have coming up does require funding from somewhere, I don't think it warrants much resentment.

Look at this TTL (OC3D) review of the Asus Maximus VI Extreme in June 2013 when the board was brand new and the flagship ASUS motherboard. Now can you imagine LTT tearing it apart in the same way? I have watched the Linus review and its a product infomercial filmed in his back garden. TTL said he would probably be blacklisted by ASUS because of it

The channel is great for product infomercials and marketing but for serious reviews and discussion of flagship products no.

Yes, I completely agree with ya  :P , Linus Tech Tips (the youtube channel) is for a mix of tech info + entertainment, NOT for serious and in-depth tear down of products 

some might find the extremely detailed review like from OC3D interesting then good for them, but many viewers of LTT are probably not interested in that, I myself have skipped quite a few of Linus' videos, but I do appreciate the fact that others may find those useful 

Look at this TTL (OC3D) review of the Asus Maximus VI Extreme in June 2013 when the board was brand new and the fragship ASUS motherboard. Now can you imagine LTT tearing it apart in the same way? I have watched the Linus review and its a product infomercial filmed in his back garden. TTL said he would probably be blacklisted by ASUS because of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8DtZDcMrps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcfJDEgTXQc

98% sure that was back when they were still doing unboxing's which that have been away form for over a year, well minus the Fractal Define R4. Yes just double checked "unboxing" is in the title.

A unboxing is not a review and is not expected to be one. So basically it is essentially what your describing and is actually expected to be as such. LMG went away from these because they want to provide more. This is what they, especially Linus were known for which is kinda a big deal.

As for TTL he misses some blatant stuff and he goes over the same thing over and over if it bugs him. And that has come to bug. Certain things he's quite knowledgeable in and if I really researching something I'll watch his video. He's not someone that I personally can watch as entertainment. Also there are some things that he has missed or gets wrong that I can see on the video or know based experience. Being an enthusiast myself I kinda expect him not to do that. If it's once or twice its whatever but in the reviews I've watched semi recently there been something in everyone. Jay has do e this a couple times as well but it quite sporadic.

Yes, I completely agree with ya [emoji14] , Linus Tech Tips (the youtube channel) is for a mix of tech info + entertainment, NOT for serious and in-depth tear down of products

some might find the extremely detailed review like from OC3D interesting then good for them, but many viewers of LTT are probably not interested in that, I myself have skipped quite a few of Linus' videos, but I do appreciate the fact that others may find those useful

At times it is, just depends on the type of video ;)

Look at this TTL (OC3D) review of the Asus Maximus VI Extreme in June 2013 when the board was brand new and the fragship ASUS motherboard. Now can you imagine LTT tearing it apart in the same way? I have watched the Linus review and its a product infomercial filmed in his back garden. TTL said he would probably be blacklisted by ASUS because of it

Sometimes I look up the specs of high end cars that Top Gear reviews very highly. This while knowing full well that they are probably very low volume, hopelessly impractical, and much more expensive than I would probably spend on a car. Remember also that every Ferrari that is made gets sold. Plus going over the most high end car/MB, you can cover all the features offered by a particular lineup without making 4 or 5 videos... That way the consumer can chose for themselves weather they want to opt up for the fancy features.

TTL is willing to flat out tell you this board is not worth it, LMG tends to be a bit less decisive because they GENERALLY want you to decide for yourself. 

98% sure that was back when they were still doing unboxing's which that have been away form for over a year, well minus the Fractal Define R4. Yes just double checked "unboxing" is in the title.

A unboxing is not a review and is not expected to be one. So basically it is essentially what your describing and is actually expected to be as such. LMG went away from these because they want to provide more. This is what they, especially Linus were known for which is kinda a big deal.

As for TTL he misses some blatant stuff and he goes over the same thing over and over if it bugs him. And that has come to bug. Certain things he's quite knowledgeable in and if I really researching something I'll watch his video. He's not someone that I personally can watch as entertainment. Also there are some things that he has missed or gets wrong that I can see on the video or know based experience. Being an enthusiast myself I kinda expect him not to do that. If it's once or twice its whatever but in the reviews I've watched semi recently there been something in everyone. Jay has do e this a couple times as well but it quite sporadic.

The point still stands. Can you imagine lTT being prepared to upset a major tech company like ASUS in the same way that TTL does ? No neither can I.

You are absolutely right about the different style. I watch TTL for expert reviews and Linus for entertainment. Now Tom often goes off on one and does a poor review (5820k review being quite bad) but on the whole I trust him to be honest. There is a difference between tech reviews and tech entertainment

TTL is willing to flat out tell you this board is not worth it, LMG tends to be a bit less decisive because they GENERALLY want you to decide for yourself.

Perhaps you are right. I have never seen a bad LTT review of a flagship product by a major brand (in the same way that Tom does)

-snips-

there is a major diffrence between those video's though, linus did a unboxing and overview as in opening the box, telling what you can expect inside and how the product looks like. where as TTL did a review of the motherboard and also tested it.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Perhaps you are right. I have never seen a bad LTT review of a flagship product by a major brand (in the same way that Tom does)

Can't tell if that is sarcasm. He does have negative things to say about most products. I would have to see a list to remember properly. Some that come to mind would be every other phone or smart watch review, every single mac product basically, basically every single mobo he had to switch between during his older personal rig update, the regular titan, the 980 kingpin, etc. 

Sorry but your arguement is that the channel is biased so they should go exclusive on Vessel to evade the FCC?

Nope, you missed the point. My point is view from international point. USA goverment departments have little to none real power over companies and their way of doing things which aren't home to USA. They can force things over US based services. Lets leave that as pure fact. (If you wonder why Google, Samsung and Apple have troubles in EU while they aren't from any EU country. Thats because they have registered sister office in some EU country (Germany or Belgium most times at least)).

My point is that FCC is overreacting about these things. Sure, there might be something going on, but I for one am not going to turn my coat over punch of talking. I need some evidence that there is something going on. So will FCC to get something real done. Just because of suspicion they can try to close channels or add region blocks to "protect US citizens". Vessel is nice for LTT in that case. Since its paid platform, you are accepting that content might not be neutral. You are paying for entertainment value. If this is so hard to understand.... Please re-read my first post on this thread.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv