deceptive reviews and shoddy advertisement practices being cracked down on in youtube re Machinima/xbox 1

nunya bus

Really? Calling people who disagree with you "stupid" suggesting that the only reason why we question the channel is down to "envy" and that we are all "disgusting"

Lol I can clearly see that you dont think that we are less than you

Do tell me where he called the people he disagreed with "stupid." Please, quote it for me.

While you're at it, please define what a personal attack is to me.

It seems you infer meanings from posts that do not go any deeper than they appear. What someone's opinion of an act is does not necessarily mean it affects the way they view someone. I have not once seen this particular poster directly attack one person or a group of people. Don't put implications into posts that weren't there to begin with.

Doesn't every reviewer ever receive most of the stuff he reviews for free? I'd say if Linus had to pay for everything he reviewed he'd be more biased since he spend his money on it and doesn't want to tell us not to buy it because he wasted his money on it....

So i am a bit more skeptic when Linus says he had to buy the product he's reviewing and says it's awesome then when he got it for free...

I haven't seen Linus promote a product he didn't like when he paid for it himself. If I purchase a poor product myself, I will not recommend it to anyone. If I get a product for free and I don't like it, I will not recommend it to anyone. I don't see a bias in the way he reviews a product based on how he obtained said product. If I lose out on a product that ends up being terrible, I'll make sure anyone I talk to does not follow suit. It doesn't help anybody out to promote a product like that. The more the product sells, the more it'll be out there. There's no point.

Here is an example of a product he personally purchased and he ripped it apart. He also recommended other products instead of the one he was reviewing.

Here's the thing guys..... IT'S THE INTERNET!  Also... IT'S HIS MONEY! YOU don't get to tell ANYONE, ESPECIALLY on the internet how they get to spend their money.  Unless he's a publicly traded IP on the canadian stock exchange.  I will say that being impartial has to be at the forefront because of the FCC really looking into that kinda thing now. Weather or not a company sends you something to review, you REVIEW IT.  If I had gotten sent a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ and  I was a reviewer (which I'm not and I don't wanna be cos I know how hard that is) I'd review it to the best of my ability and give you guys an informed an complete review.  Which Linus does and is awesome for that.  Not a lot of reviewers do that so be happy.   

Look guys if you can't listen to what Linus is saying then you are ignorant because there is no way he would be able to support himself, his family and all the LMG staff if he was a sell out. Honestly if you still don't believe him then leave, Linus doesn't need your negativity wasting his time. Ok he might lose a couple subs but I believe it would be worth it considering you guys are being such assholes to Linus. Seriously haters GTFO!

Do tell me where he called the people he disagreed with "stupid." Please, quote it for me.

While you're at it, please define what a personal attack is to me.

It seems you infer meanings from posts that do not go any deeper than they appear. What someone's opinion of an act is does not necessarily mean it affects the way they view someone. I have not once seen this particular poster directly attack one person or a group of people. Don't put implications into posts that weren't there to begin with.

Post 81 on this thread.Google personal attack yourself.

Not for nothing but Linus himself agreed with me.

I did say I would no longer participate in this thread and I wont

Lots of fanboyism going on here. Everyone seems to worship you these days Linus, that's great.

But here's my issue, you're not the same person you were 8 years ago, today you only sell out. Yeah I said it. Your audience also tend to be blind, ignoring most blunders without or little criticism which ends up buried by hate posts.

Right before you made the switch to Vessel most if not all videos you put out were fun to watch even if some were not relevant to my interests such as laptop reviews. Now 9/10 videos are cringe worthy, yeah fine I get it you used to work in retail but that doesn't mean every new video has to be a shilling video.

What happened to the interesting content that made the channel what it is? I don't see it anywhere anymore. Just advertisements that I get enough of on both Youtube and Vessel.

How about releasing something that isn't sponsored by a huge corporation once in a while? Thanks.

Do you know what professionalism is? 

Can you imagine, if, in 2015, Linus would still make vlogs of products, and issues would appear real time, and trying to fix and make it solved in one video?

That's too much time consuming. I can tell you about the i7 Extreme Edition which he had an issue with RAM, wouldn't go past 16GB.

That kind of videos are not suitable for 2015.

They still do Vlogs , like the moving vlog or Scapyard Wars.

Linus makes money off people watching his videos. Why else do you call yourself Linus Media Group.

HAHA. hahha. heheh.. ha.

no shit.  why else would you call that a job ?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I am probably one of the oldest members here, been around tech and computing for over 30 years. I have worked hard for almost the same amount of time earning what I have, having to make decisions that impact my family and those around me. I worked my way up from the trenches to were I am today with blood sweat and sometimes tears.

Linus provides free video entertainment, a free forum here for people to have discussions. He has worked hard and earned his way from being  a retail pawn to where he is today. If more of you young people would take lessons from what he has acheived and work just as hard as he has you might be doing as well as he is. He provides for his family, which includes those who work for him. He has responsibilities to live up to and provide for those individuals. He decided to work smart and has built his business from the ground up. With a lot of hard work. Which I doubt most of the keyboard warriors sitting in their tighty whities behind the screen with a bag of chips and a 2L soda can say for themselves. I would suspect most of the keyboard warriors are still living at home with mommy and have no repsonsibilities other than turning on their PC nad drinking cans of Monster.

I challenge you to do half of what Linus has accomplished by the time you are his age and support the family and people he does. Until you have those repsonsibilities or have built something comparitive to what he has, your opinion doesnt amount to the sweat rolling of his back from the hard work he has poured into his business, " his business" not yours.

Edited by Godlygamer23

ok ok, this is getting way too over the top  :P

From my understanding, many people make a lot of assumptions about how Linus make videos.

For example, 

_ when Linus gets a review sample they THINK that he gets paid to do a favorable review (which is NOT true according to Linus himself). 

They "THINK" that Linus gets paid to make deals like: launching the video when the embargo is up (e.g. reviews of the GTX 980ti come out roughly at the same across different channels). Yes, that is in the deal the PR from the companies make with Linus, but that DOES NOT impose on Linus's opinion itself

_ videos like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4xDfEOGONw, some hated it and called Linus a sell-out because IN THEIR OPINION Linus had not built the most optimized $1000 gaming rig.

_ quite a few watchers condemn LMG for being anti-AMD because they haven't praised AMD much recently, like the Asus R9 390 Strix review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNcPen6qI44 , in which Luke was being "meh" (at least to them) and he even recommended buying a now-very-affordable 290/290x and some took that as Luke looking down the new 390/390x - I myself see great value in the 390, but I can see Luke also had a valid point (while some don't, sadly)

There are more instances like this, but it's 12:25AM in Australia so....  :P

If you don't like the content, "part 1 of" or the style, do what I did...stop watching. I watched Linus since he was at NCIX but there are newer YouTubers that I think have a better style and make better content. I am happy Linus has made it in the world and I hope nothing but the best for his friends, family, company and coworkers. How he makes his money is none of my concern, I never felt his reviews were paid for I just feel they don't go into much detail more often than not.

This thread is ridiculous on so many levels,

Maybe the reason why most of the reviewers review the same products at the same time is because those products just came out? How do you not understand this.

Reviews are not intended to make decisions for you, they are supposed to be a source of information to help you come to your own conclusions.

He does tell you where he gets the stuff.

He doesn't get paid for reviews.

That being said, I am planning to do a re-review of a product that linus got wrong. stay tuned.

Honestly I don't really see why people would have a problem with LMG over this stuff. Whether you trust Linus or not, there IS still useful information to be gained from the reviews. Even if he were secretly being paid to give a positive review on a product, it wouldn't change the numbers in the benchmarks. If you're looking at reviews and are seriously looking into buying a GPU, CPU, etc., you should:

(a) Look at the benchmark data that's being presented. This is where the product in question as well as competing products are being most objectively compared.

(b ) Look through the rest of the review article/video for other objective information (e.g., GPU X has a certain additional feature, but GPU Y doesn't).

(c ) Look at multiple reviews (both professional and consumer reviews), in order to check that the OBJECTIVE information (i.e., the stuff from (a) and (b ) above) roughly matches up from different sources.

(d) Take any subjective information (i.e., conclusions and opinions of the reviewer) with a grain of salt. The reviewer is just a normal person like you or me, and they're entitled to their opinion. Just because it's Linus or Jay or someone at Anandtech or Tom's Hardware doesn't mean that they should be put on any sort of pedestal. You should never trust somebody's opinion because they are in a position of power or because they seem​ really cool​. You should take the objective information and form YOUR OWN opinion, regardless of whether you agree with the conclusions of any particular reviewer.

I think that I've emphasized that the important thing in the reviews (especially from a potential buyer's perspective) is the objective information that is presented. And that's the real value of the LMG review videos: they are able to provide extensive and objective apples-to-apples comparisons of a lot of products. Only big reviewers have the resources to be able to compare thousands of dollars' worth of hardware in a series of benchmarks. And part of the reason they have those resources is because companies are willing to send their products to the reviewers.

So to conclude, I honestly wouldn't really care if Linus or anyone else WERE being paid to give glowing reviews of products, because the numbers in the benchmarks don't lie. And anyway, I don't think anything like that is going on, because as Linus has already pointed out in this thread, behaving that way would be an incredibly stupid business decision.

Don't post to often around here but I felt this thread was worth chiming in. 

I personally feel that the channel has done a great job of disclosing when things are sponsored and what are advertisements. The original post was calling them out on reviewing a case that was reviewed on other YouTube channels when it launched. Could this be perhaps because it was a new product and a new product is going to get hype and views (views which Linus' business literally run off of) when it launches because people want to learn about it? Nope, must be because they got paid that maaaaad money to make the video. Product coverage is part of this channel so if they didn't cover those products there wouldn't be a channel to watch. Look at the PAX coverage going on last weekend, every video clearly states that they were sponsored by several companies to help get them to PAX? Does this mean they give all Corsair and HyperX products glowing reviews?... that's still a no. They always state in videos this was sent to us by x company and this was sent by y company, they are very upfront about that, and often times you'll hear this was sent to us by x and this is what I didn't like about it.... hmmm a negative opinion on a product they were sent.... must be the bias!

As for advertisements they make it very clear when an advertisement is being done and I can't think of a video off the top of my head that has had blurred lines on what was an ad and what wasn't, the Best Buy laptop video mentioned was opened by: "Best Buy asked us to do this..." there is the disclosure you have asked for. They have also stated many times on the WAN show that not only do they turn down advertisers all the time that they don't feel like they can feel comfortable running on their videos because it would be seen as a personal recommendation, but they have dropped a sponsor because of feedback they received from their viewers. 

At the end of the day I do take Linus and teams reviews into consideration when buying a product, I also will look at 10 other reviews before making a large purchase because everyone is going to have a different opinion on things. I consider them to be a trusted source because of the fact they are upfront about any sponsorship and have seen them time and time again rip into products they were sent for free.

Hey Linus,

just want to throw my 2 cents in, not going to hate on you and i honestly don't think your a sellout at all in fact i have the up most respect for you and the guys at your company. you guys are literally the reason i am at university studying interactive digital media. i've watched your channel for years and been a bit of a lurker through all of the stages from NCIX to now. i have learned a crap ton of info off you and at one of the lowest points in my life (2 yrs ago)  you kinda saved my life as lame as it sounds you got me to get up in the morning to see what i could learn and eventually i turned my life around and got into uni and also started my own pc building and content creating company to get me through uni. BUT yea there's a but. i have noticed in the last year mabye year and a half the channel itself has felt cold and a little disjointed the quality in the videos and scripting has been falling a lot to the points it's lost almost all humility and feels like a tv channel, you guys don't seem to want to connect to your audience as much or if you do maybe it gets lost in over scripting? watching MKBHD and unbox therapy they seem to connect better and have a bit more humility to there videos compared to you, and i do mean you directly. luke i think seems i don't know more relaxed maybe? in your video's you can definitely tell when your tired stressed etc. relax, you made it. chill out. your company is awesome.  

and i know you are only human, aren't we all? but i honestly think you have been looking at the numbers to much lately and have lost a little way with your audience. some comments you have personally made on facebook and twitter to do with views and the cost and worth of some videos may not have been the best comments to have made and the responses your received in on those comments speak for themselves... 

and lastly i am probably in no position to make this comment but the quality of the editing has taking a very big dive lately (i mean even before the move) being a editor and using premiere pro and after effects on a daily basis, i can't help to notice amateur mistakes that should not be made especially in a company with more than 2 experienced editors. when you have unbox therapy and MKBHD ( a solo content creator) spitting out videos that honestly put yours to shame in an editing point of view and look a great more professional its kind of depressing to see as it wasn't always this way. 

as iv said i don't have a problem with you at all and i respect you and trust you and your content mabye... 90% of the time lol. but i do think honestly that you may need to take a step back and reevaluate your scripting, get a bit more humility back so it seems less that we are watching a tv tech channel and more watching Linus media group, mabye make better content choices... (more educational shit less this plays games well buy it or this sucks don't buy it and please for the love of god quality control your content... jesus... (im looking at you green screen).
speed vs quality... don't let speed win or at least get a balance. 

channel super fun though. that shit is dope. Burkel is amazing at those edits. 

sorry about grammar and if it doesn't read well but its nearly 2am and im tired as shit. 

TLDR ; Love your shit linus but chill the fk out. breathe...    Quality Control.      

See my Profile image there, 
The screens were free the headset was not.
I (much like Linus) would consider doing a review on the screens because they were free as a condition of me evaluating them and still not say anything good about them but that was that model of screen and not the brand of screen (By the way I could NEVER recommend people buy a Samsung workstation ( less than 19 inch) screen *shudders*).

I however have not had the time to review the headset I payed for and find to be one of the best headsets I've ever used. (its a Jabra Evolve UC 65 stereo). 

Now as any sane person would realize there is no point me public calling out a company the size of Samsung based on my opinion without any evidence to back it up as that is asking for a Lawsuit.

There have been many a video where Linus has said that "is it a great (insert product type here) no, But (justification here)" and that's being understanding of a companies direction and image not saying that there is no reason for things to be the way they are is just as bad as not saying that they are great for no reason.

And before people assume that I simply am an ignorant fool I will say a few points below to keep in mind:

• I have never purchased any item of computer equipment based on a single reviewers opinion or a single spec-sheet (and neither should you)
  • I have never purchased any item Linus has reviewed (mainly because most of the items he reviews are either above the international sweet point or are out of price range)
  • Linus has more than one channel go look at channel super fun if you want something other than reviews and builds
  • If there is a lot (over 100) of positive reviews about a piece of hardware or software and you can't find one negative one that's a sign of Bias being generated by the company producing the product. (through several different means)

To those that are concerned that Linus has been overly biased in his opinion on a product at least state which product you believe his review of was biased and why calling hundreds of videos biased is not a fair call at some point you must have formed the opinion and the video that did that should be the one you give as an example Linus is nothing if not willing to go back and re-review products (as he has in the past)

Edit:On a side note its 1:50am here so it looks like a lot of Aussies (like myself) are on and watch the channel it may be worth keeping this in mind and or looking at your international demographic as many companies that are available to sponsor you internationally might be worth approaching.

You guys need to wake up your idea about this. Sponsorship is one thing that helped the community. Without companies like NVidia Sponsoring/lending their products, none of this would happen. Linus is still the old Linus, it is just your mentality that changed. 6 Titan Xs? Whats with it? I'm not saying that free loading is not bad but I'm just saying that they are getting things for their effort. Money has no right to be even mention as most things they have are either Sponsored or Given, Full-Stop. Whats there to be Disclosed? All the Information is in the book but you don't even take the effort or chance to look at the contents of the book.

My point is simple, Disclosure is not the point, you are the Point and you must change your thoughts and ideas, So WAKE UP!

I don't post often on these forums, but I have to say I feel compelled to throw another supporting voice behind Linus: 

Through a process of "tech-osmosis," I have learned so much from Linus' videos, I honestly don't know how I kept up to date with accurate information before I started watching. That alone is unbelievably valuable. For me, it makes the argument over from the outset. I literally could not pay someone to teach me as much as Linus has, making any other factors irrelevant.   

But let's assume he's taking these massive windfalls from various tech corporations and everything he's ever said is tainted by malicious corruption. Is his opinion really ever that far off base? I honestly cannot recall a single review where Linus is glorifying/criticizing something so beyond the general opinion/consensus on a product. Can you? The only exception I can recall where his opinion varied vastly from other critics would be the Apple Watch review. But in that instance, the baseline opinion was from tech reviewers taking money from Apple or afraid of being put on the Apple "blacklist."

Or, for God's sake, how many times has he taken shots at the people paying him? He straight up makes fun of the corporate board of Best Buy for thirty seconds in a 7 minute video. 

This is all insane to me. I hope Linus doesn't get deterred by a few naysayers. Criticism is fine, but a witch hunt is another thing. 

Just to make a point.

The FCC has nothing to do with LTT. Linus Media Groups is a Canadian company, the FCC only has power within the United States.....so....they can't really do anything. That being said, I DO trust LTT video's. I based my decision to buy an Air 540 off of Linus's unboxing/review video of it. But I also watched other video's from other companies, and read online reviews.

In the end, shady practices, or the appearance of them, will ALWAYS come with business. That's why it's up to you, as the consumer, to do as much research as you can before making a decision. Don't put all of your trust in making decisions onto other people.

I don't post often on these forums, but I have to say I feel compelled to throw another supporting voice behind Linus: 

Through a process of "tech-osmosis," I have learned so much from Linus' videos, I honestly don't know how I kept up to date with accurate information before I started watching. That alone is unbelievably valuable. For me, it makes the argument over from the outset. I literally could not pay someone to teach me as much as Linus has, making any other factors irrelevant.   

But let's assume he's taking these massive windfalls from various tech corporations and everything he's ever said is tainted by malicious corruption. Is his opinion really ever that far off base? I honestly cannot recall a single review where Linus is glorifying/criticizing something so beyond the general opinion/consensus on a product. Can you? The only exception I can recall where his opinion varied vastly from other critics would be the Apple Watch review. But in that instance, the baseline opinion was from tech reviewers taking money from Apple or afraid of being put on the Apple "blacklist."

Or, for God's sake, how many times has he taken shots at the people paying him? He straight up makes fun of the corporate board of Best Buy for thirty seconds in a 7 minute video. 

This is all insane to me. I hope Linus doesn't get deterred by a few naysayers. Criticism is fine, but a witch hunt is another thing. 

Judging from the "members reading this topic" thingy, I think we're going to hear from him soon.

I remember Linus saying this before "he will accept sponsors, but he always maintains the "if your product is crap, I'm gonna call it crap" agreement with them".

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Just to make a point.

The FCC has nothing to do with LTT. Linus Media Groups is a Canadian company, the FCC only has power within the United States.....so....they can't really do anything. That being said, I DO trust LTT video's. I based my decision to buy an Air 540 off of Linus's unboxing/review video of it. But I also watched other video's from other companies, and read online reviews.

In the end, shady practices, or the appearance of them, will ALWAYS come with business. That's why it's up to you, as the consumer, to do as much research as you can before making a decision. Don't put all of your trust in making decisions onto other people.

Judging from the "members reading this topic" thingy, I think we're going to hear from him soon.

I remember Linus saying this before "he will accept sponsors, but he always maintains the "if your product is crap, I'm gonna call it crap" agreement with them".

linus already posted 3-4 times on this thread

I agree with one point made by one/some of the naysayers here. I believe there is an inherent bias when people are given free product, whether they realize it or not, there is going to be some there. For some, it'll be a big bias, and others not so much. I think Linus falls in the second category. 

As i said on Linus's facebook post: For the most part I trust LMG. They have not been afraid to rip apart or criticize products, even when they were given to them. They also clearly state when product has been given to them for review (or other) purpose, even when they don't strictly have to. I don't think they strictly had to mention the Titan Xs were given to them in the most recent GPU Boost video. They had already released the main videos for the titans, where they clearly stated they were given to them by NVidia. They show a level of transparency that a lot of reviewers DO NOT, and that is probably why some companies have stopped sending free/review units. I think The Tech Report is having the same issue, especially over the frametimegate thing they started. AMD is just like "nope" NO GPU FOR YOU. Whether that's just that they can't make a lot, or they decided that any criticism is bad? I don't know.

Just my $0.02 (cad).

linus already posted 3-4 times on this thread

Oh? I will have to go back and check then.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Honestly I don't really see why people would have a problem with LMG over this stuff. Whether you trust Linus or not, there IS still useful information to be gained from the reviews. Even if he were secretly being paid to give a positive review on a product, it wouldn't change the numbers in the benchmarks. If you're looking at reviews and are seriously looking into buying a GPU, CPU, etc., you should:

(a) Look at the benchmark data that's being presented. This is where the product in question as well as competing products are being most objectively compared.

(b ) Look through the rest of the review article/video for other objective information (e.g., GPU X has a certain additional feature, but GPU Y doesn't).

(c ) Look at multiple reviews (both professional and consumer reviews), in order to check that the OBJECTIVE information (i.e., the stuff from (a) and (b ) above) roughly matches up from different sources.

(d) Take any subjective information (i.e., conclusions and opinions of the reviewer) with a grain of salt. The reviewer is just a normal person like you or me, and they're entitled to their opinion. Just because it's Linus or Jay or someone at Anandtech or Tom's Hardware doesn't mean that they should be put on any sort of pedestal. You should never trust somebody's opinion because they are in a position of power or because they seem​ really cool​. You should take the objective information and form YOUR OWN opinion, regardless of whether you agree with the conclusions of any particular reviewer.

I think that I've emphasized that the important thing in the reviews (especially from a potential buyer's perspective) is the objective information that is presented. And that's the real value of the LMG review videos: they are able to provide extensive and objective apples-to-apples comparisons of a lot of products. Only big reviewers have the resources to be able to compare thousands of dollars' worth of hardware in a series of benchmarks. And part of the reason they have those resources is because companies are willing to send their products to the reviewers.

So to conclude, I honestly wouldn't really care if Linus or anyone else WERE being paid to give glowing reviews of products, because the numbers in the benchmarks don't lie. And anyway, I don't think anything like that is going on, because as Linus has already pointed out in this thread, behaving that way would be an incredibly stupid business decision.

OMG are you Sebastian from the wan show meet up stream?

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

I agree with you. I hate the way tech channels are sponsored by the companies who make the products they review. Is it going to take another woman having sex for people to care about this, because hell if there's one good thing that came out of the GamerGate fiasco it was people waking up about this kind of thing.

It's very strange to me that you think I have more incentive to sell product today than I did when I worked at a retailer as as Salesman and then Product Manager. My literal job description was to sell product. The only reason I ever said anything negative about anything was the same reason I do it today. Because I want people to buy the right stuff. I'm the same person today that I was 8 years ago when I started making videos.

One reason I think Linus (LMG team included) has not sold out is because of the products/services he chooses to endorse. Favorable examples include Intel SSDs, Corsair products, and Squarespace. By my logic and the logic of many others these products/services stand out in their respective markets. Yes, Linus has a created a profitable business through reviews (not to say this is bad), but he has also created and fostered a community that is passionate about getting consumers the best bang for their buck and passionate about "bleeding" edge technology.

@LinusTech don't sell out and for the love of the computer gods pls bring back a few of your insightful motherboard reviews ;)

so you have never signed a marketing agreement with Intel? or Nvidia? EVER? or shaked a PR managers hand that  you will make a few videos in response for  all the product branding you have? 

the answer is of course you have. you wont admit it. because you think its none of our business. and you know you would be in hot water if you did. 

The truth is if you revealed that you received free stuff for the office, or were given keepers. or anything before you did the review. you know that would sway people away. If you ont think it will. then just follow the rules Linus. and disclose what you got in exchange for it 

Ill end by saying this. 

Linus makes money off people watching his videos. Why else do you call yourself Linus Media Group. Because you are an influencer in a unique position to market this stuff. This is a BUSINESS first and foremost. if Linus didnt make money. he wouldnt be making the videos pure and simple. or it woud still be him just pulling stuff of the NCIX rack and giving honest reviews. Instead now every episode. is at least 50% ad and then the review thats in this weird grey area. where we cant tell exactly why you did the video in the first place. 

the majority of the reviews you do that you say were negative. you never really go after the companies. You say its bad but then you make a weird justification and a weird conclusion about it. 

you didnt say the Fury branded cards absolutely sucked and you still would be hard pressed to find one. 

I just hope more people wise up to this practice. 

Why the fuck are you here if you hate his content, jesus you guys are worse than youtube trolls. You actually went out of your way to find a community forum, for real dude? Go away.

It just blows me away how these youtubers get free stuff where do I sign up...lol Now that is out of the way keep up the good work cause if you if haters that means your doing something right

"IT DOES NO GOOD IT NEVER DIES
           EVIL NEVER DIES"