The State Of This Forum

MahtXL

I cant be the only 1 who notices on a daily basis

1. People talking out there butts with obvious zero info on the subject they are tackling aside from bias preferences of 1 part vs another. We call these people fanboys.
2. Personal attacks on those who disagree or prove them wrong/ that they dont know what they are talking about
3. People who argue with those who know more about a certain subject, and continue to argue even after being proven wrong
4. De railing a thread JUST to talk smack about someones preference of parts
5. Just general d baggery

I thought we as pc gamers and computer enthusiasts were better than this, but sadly i guess not. No better than console owners fighting over 900p vs 1080p or 25 fps vs 30 tbh. Makes me ashamed to call myself a tech enthusiast and hear people say "oh you mean those guys that troll the internet and act like they know everything and talk down to you for not knowing as much or make fun of you when you try to learn" yup, sadly thats what its become.

This thread will be my retirement from these forums for a while. I have enough to deal with in my personal life and i do not need to come on here to this toxic environment. I hope a mod sees this, because the way some of the people act on here are driving potential new pc enthusiasts away, and forcing long time ones like me to not even bother contributing. In fact i can even predict how this thread will go down, with tons of personal attacks on me, or a part i own from my sig, or "good riddance" Well to each their own, if bullying someone over hunks of plastic and metal makes you feel better as a person, then you do you.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

I cant be the only 1 who notices on a daily basis

1. People talking out there butts with obvious zero info on the subject they are tackling aside from bias preferences of 1 part vs another. We call these people fanboys.

he wasn't wrong, he was just an asshole for no good reasonV

4. De railing a thread JUST to talk smack about someones preference of parts

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

You forgot shitsposting, don't forget shitposting.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

6. just leave and not deal with it

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

No you're not the only one to notice this. its getting out of hand.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

it's like the LTT forum is slowly morphing into LTT youtube comments 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

No you're not the only one to notice this. its getting out of hand.

Yes. yes it is. Opinons are one thing. Acting like your opinion is fact is another.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

I think it's like this on any forum you go to but the Mods here try their best to control it. You can only control so much.

However that in mind I don't like when people create a thread to make a scene about them leaving a forum. If you're going to leave then just leave you don't need to tell everyone about it we don't really care. Atleast I don't.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Isn't this like the 100th time a thread has been made saying the exact same things? Also, I'm fairly sure there is a thread to suggest things. 

Don't know what you are expecting from the internet. 

You're not the only one to notice it but congrats because you're now part of the group of people who care about how people act on an internet forum.

If a place as tame as LTT can get on your nerves then you should just

13f837ab92.gif

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

it's like the LTT forum is slowly morphing into LTT youtube comments 

Yes. yes it is. Opinons are one thing. Acting like your opinion is fact is another.

Exactly this is meant to be a tech support forum. Not a youtube fanboy website.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

As someone who's been a member of this forum for over 2 years now, I agree that the general attitude displayed by members of this forum has become a lot less welcoming and impartial over the last little while. I wasn't active for a good 8 months and have only recently started being a more active member again like I used to. It's seems that with the influx of more members to the forum it's degraded the overall quality, objectivity and impartiality of information and advice given out to those seeking it.

I'm not sure if it's the new members themselves, or if it's the increased load that this many members puts on the forum moderators. Back when I used to be more active (mid 2013 to late 2014) I'd come across moderators a lot more often in threads, even for simple things like letting the OP know that the thread was being moved and/or closed. I think possibly the number of forum moderators hasn't increased proportionally with the number of new members joining the forum. They used to be very good at weeding out the bad eggs and troll posters. I don't know if anyone here remembers the spree of members joining to post advertisements on the forums? They'd get to post once or twice then those threads would immediately be taken down and they'd be banned within a couple of minutes. 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I show you facts, you keep spouting opinions as if they were fact. 

Edit: Also recommending the wrong thing for the wrong task-everything has its place.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

"It's not when bad people act that we're in real trouble, but when good people don't."

Sad to see you go.

You're not the only one to notice it but congrats because you're now part of the group of people who care about how people act on an internet forum.

If a place as tame as LTT can get on your nerves then you should just

13f837ab92.gif

Right? This is like the chillest forum lmao

Exactly this is meant to be a tech support forum. Not a youtube fanboy website.

Well, the forum is pretty large.... there are more topics besides tech support. 

w.e

meme.jpg

he wasn't wrong, he was just an asshole for no good reasonV

If you are speaking of who i think you are, there is a difference between laughing at someones part of choice (entirely off topic btw) and explaining why you would go with something else and giving actual factual reasons to back your opinion up. Of course it wont make a difference im not stupid and am fully aware of my cpus pros and cons, and since i already own it, its better to just keep it until it can no longer do its job, which may i remind you will be quite a ways off now with dx 12s improved multi threaded performance coming down the pipe, which even still is not like it matters to anyone but me, im the one using the chip, i will have to deal with its shortcomings which with the way i use it, just for gaming, are very little.

If you are speaking of who i think you are, there is a difference between laughing at someones part of choice (entirely off topic btw) and explaining why you would go with something else and giving actual factual reasons to back your opinion up. Of course it wont make a difference im not stupid and am fully aware of my cpus pros and cons, and since i already own it, its better to just keep it until it can no longer do its job, which may i remind you will be quite a ways off now with dx 12s improved multi threaded performance coming down the pipe, which even still is not like it matters to anyone but me, im the one using the chip, i will have to deal with its shortcomings which with the way i use it, just for gaming, are very little.

I agree with everything you just said but please use more periods ;_;

The shit posting has been rampant too, much more than in the past

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I show you facts, you keep spouting opinions as if they were fact. 

Edit: Also recommending the wrong thing for the wrong task-everything has its place.

Oh i was the one spouting opinions as fact? I seem to recall you dismissing EVERYTHING amd without even a second thought. Not every pc has to have an intel cpu, and not every task is best suited to one, and some people just cannot afford the price premium they charge. I stand by any recommendation ive given, as it would be the best choice price to performance wise.

edit: ive owned and used more intel cpus in my life than amd ones btw, ive been on both sides, and from my experiences i cannot with a straight face recommend any intel cpu to someone, i do NOT present this as a fact, i present this as the reality ive experienced over the years using intel from 98 to 2011, and amd from 2012 to 2015. Much like you may not have had the best experience with amd cpus, and thats why you are hesitant to tell someone to buy one. You need to realize there is no black and white answer, everyone has different experiences with different products, such is the way of mass produced products.

The shit posting has been rampant too, much more than in the past

Well maybe with school back in the trolls will reside a bit. Of course probably not, being the internet a new troll is born every nano second.

Well maybe with school back in the trolls will reside a bit. Of course probably not, being the internet a new troll is born every nano second.

There's still too many kids on here. Like, the under 15 kids. 

In my experience it's just the same few people every time. A loud minority. I'm partly at fault too for not resisting the urge to call them out on their bs. But I think we must draw a line between those who are fanboys and those who are simply wrong because they received false information. Everyone can be wrong every once in a while (or even pretty often depending on their level of experience, we're here to learn too), what matters is accepting the facts when they are presented to you and admitting your mistake.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*