New ROG Swift 34" price?

jinroh10

I agree....I actually saw it on Amazon for $658 which is not bad.

A quick look at Amazon says that the old Swift has 59% 5 stars and 28% 3 starts or less, out of 198 voters.

Meaning that 2/3 of the users liked the monitor, so its not that bad.

But I would still wait for the new one to come out. Even if nothing else, to hope for a price drop on the old one.

I actually saw it on amazon for $658 which is not bad.

lol, you shouldn't be so sceptical about these high end displays based off things you see or hear on forums, or based off reviews on retail sites.

And you shouldn't attribute a monitor with bad Q/C (quality control) based on what company it comes from, before or after release, it doesn't really work like that in the display world.

Like the Asus MG279Q for example, it's a great display, at a pretty amazing price point considering the alternatives, and yet people shy away from it because of what they see on amazon reviews, like 50% of them are 3 stars or below or something, and all the negative ones are due to bad Q/C, but that's because those people are much much much more likely to leave a review than the people who are happily enjoying their beautiful new display.

And a lot of the people who face issues with that display don't need to go through Asus' 'bad' customer service because they can sort out a replacement straight from Amazon.

That display is just an example of course, but it's a trend that is seen a lot in high end displays.

Personally I wouldn't worry about brands, and the issues they may or may not have linked to them, and instead just buy what covers your needs and what you like the look of for the budget you have.

Check this out http://youtu.be/DtXAHPUmol0

I'm using that monitor right now and it has zero flaws, and its been that way since I got it a year ago. So just because someone got a few bad products, dont mean they are all bad.

To put it into perspective, it would be like Linus getting a Dead on Arrival motherboard from Asus and then going on record says that you should never buy a motherboard from Asus, since they dont work at all.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

Check this out

All the issues on this video can happen on every single monitor out pretty much, just because he got a bad sample doesn't mean everyone else will. 

Just look at the comments and the like/dislike button, there are plenty of people who have this display and are loving it. I myself used to own one too and it worked perfectly fine, I however sold mine, but that's because I want a 21:9 format, so I'm waiting to buy my 34" display. But my swift had no dead pixels, no issue with the connector and no issue with heavy backlight bleed. 

And even if it did I would have been able to replace it for a new one. 

And even then you shouldn't take the quality control 'issues' with this monitor as a warning to buy from Asus, like @OddsCrazyStuff already said. 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

All the issues on this video can happen on every single monitor out pretty much, just because he got a bad sample doesn't mean everyone else will.

Just look at the comments and the like/dislike button, there are plenty of people who have this display and are loving it. I myself used to own one too and it worked perfectly fine, I however sold mine, but that's because I want a 21:9 format, so I'm waiting to buy my 34" display. But my swift had no dead pixels, no issue with the connector and no issue with heavy backlight bleed.

And even if it did I would have been able to replace it for a new one.

And even then you shouldn't take the quality control 'issues' with this monitor as a warning to buy from Asus, like @OddsCrazyStuff already said.

Wow...I just sold my Samsung 27" to save for the 34" also. Your very informative, is there a way that I can follow you or friend you so that I can bounce other issue or just questions off you?

You could get the ACER Z35, that is now the fastest refresh rate monitor, you only got to use Gsync and it works at 200hz

Ye, i think i want that one. Can use DSR 5120x2160, which will make games look pretty ok sharpness wise i think.

That 200hz...    144hz i wouldnt have considered over 100hz, but 200hz... jesus fucking chirst.

Also really happy that the first 200hz monitor is a 21:9 VA panel... not a 16:9 TN.

Ye, i think i want that one. Can use DSR 5120x2160, which will make games look pretty ok sharpness wise i think.

That 200hz... 144hz i wouldnt have considered over 100hz, but 200hz... jesus fucking chirst.

Also really happy that the first 200hz monitor is a 21:9 VA panel... not a 16:9 TN.

So what is the difference between TN and VA?

Wow...I just sold my Samsung 27" to save for the 34" also. Your very informative, is there a way that I can follow you or friend you so that I can bounce other issue or just questions off you?

Urrm well you can always send me a personal message if you like, a few people do actually if they need help to do with Displays or some other things, although you may get a quicker answer if you post a thread in case I'm busy or something, if the thread is in the display section chances are I'll see it anyway. 

But I don't mind either way. I don't think there is a specific 'follow' function though, although you can friend people by going to their profile page (By clicking on their name) 

So what is the difference between TN and VA?

TN is the standard one, with bad viewing angles and average at best colour, it's pretty much the 'cheap' option, although in some cases it can be the only option too. 

VA builds on TN a decent bit, with more modern VA displays you get pretty much the same viewing angles as you do with a IPS panel display, which means little to no colour shift. Which is a great plus. VA's also have a better static contrast ratio, meaning they will have much deeper blacks than TN Panels, and also much deeper than IPS Panels. Which is another plus! Although! It can also lead you to issues with 'Black Crush' which is an issue where the darker blacks tend to 'blend' into one, and you miss some detail, this is an issue on some VA Panel displays, and can be made a smaller issue by changing gamma settings, but in some cases it will still be an issue. 

There are a few VA displays that wont suffer from that issue at all though. And a lot of the time it isn't enough of an issue to put you off a display.

So yeah VA is kind of like TN/IPS in a way, with deeper blacks, the colours on VAs can be really good too like IPS. 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Linus "With blacks getting crushed a little bit but nothing to worrying" still cannot believe that video

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

5045a32e75565f12374d34062b61e805.jpg check this out.

Still no release date

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]