Which Monitor similar to which leg would I like to Keep

MrMQ

So I recently completed my first PC and was wondering what Monitor I should go with. Initially I was going to just get a 1080p IPS display, now I don't think that would make sense. I want to make my build work hard for all the money I threw at it but I still can’t decide what the best option is. 

My Components that would affect performance are as follows

Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory

MSI Computer Video Graphics Card GTX 980TI GAMING 6G

Now the problem is I feel like I went all out with the graphics card and it’s not worth it to invest in a 4k G-Sync display yet. I play some competitive games but mostly single player and multiplayer games, such as Borderlands. I am building a desk where I will have approximately 42" x 27". I am worried about Response times on most IPS displays because I am moving from a 32" Toshiba TV that I got for free to a monitor. I have noticed significant tearing in Borderlands 1 on the TV. I do not want to experience this on a monitor (I know V-sync support on a monitor should fix this but I'm still worried). I also use a 13" monitor for chat, performance checks, and Skype/streaming. My budget max is upwards of $500.00 usd if the monitor is fast, has a high resolution, and excellent build quality. 

My perfect monitor in order of Importance would be:

1.      1440p (IPS if possible)

2.      Matt Screen

3.      23"-27"

4.      1ms-4ms response time

5.      Non-Gloss Finish if black

6.      Have G-Sync

7.      144hz

8.      Also totally free or I get paid to take it.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the size, whether IPS type panels like PLS are worth the sacrifice of 144hz, and your recommendations. Currently I'm leaning towards:

1. ASUS PB258Q

2. BenQ GW2765HT

3. ASUS PB278Q

4. BenQ XL2420Z

5. ASUS VG248QE

"IPS type panels like PLS are worth the sacrifice of 144hz"

nope, not worth the sacrifice. You're not gonna buy an ROG swift and go,"wow I can't see colors properly, why didn't I get IPS" and you're also not gonna get the PB258Q and go "wow colors are so much better than the ROG Swift"

144hz on the other hand, once you use it for a week or longer, next time you see a 60hz monitor, you'll go "WTF IS THIS CANCER"(this is most 144hz user's reactions when they reinstall windows, since default is 60hz.)

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

"IPS type panels like PLS are worth the sacrifice of 144hz"

nope, not worth the sacrifice. You're not gonna buy an ROG swift and go,"wow I can't see colors properly, why didn't I get IPS" and you're also not gonna get the PB258Q and go "wow colors are so much better than the ROG Swift"

144hz on the other hand, once you use it for a week or longer, next time you see a 60hz monitor, you'll go "WTF IS THIS CANCER"(this is most people's reactions when they reinstall windows, since default is 60hz.)

so color accuracy is not worth it for you ? are you crazy ?

last time iv used a tn panel iv allmost vomitted. its so discusting I can't do any color work on it.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

To be fair im not planning on doing much color work on it just gaming but i don't want to garbage if im not looking directly at my screen

You can get a 1440p 60HZ 27inch monitor for around $300. Then when you get money for a new GSYNC one use the 1440p one as a secondary. I have two different resolution monitors, it doesn't look very good when pulling things from one to the other. You could,probably overclock the monitor to 75Hz.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

ASUS PB278Q

get this one

ill get this one if i had enough money

Avoid 1080p its overkill for a 980ti

1440p will last you atleast 2 more years than 1080p

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)