Tesla Model - X got priced first car will come out on sept 29

jos
tesla-model-x.png?w=625

The base model Signature Series Model X will set users back $132,000. For consumers who want to truly trick out their Model X and opt for every upgrade option possible — including a Tow Package and Ludicrous Mode —  the final sticker price rises to $144,750.

Yep, even the Model X, an SUV!, is getting the Ludicrous Mode treatment, enabling it to accelerate from 0-60 MPH in 3.2 seconds. Otherwise, its 0-60 time is 3.8 seconds, still not too shabby for an SUV.

As far range goes, the Model X can drive about 240 miles between charges.

Elon musk just said first car will be available from sept 29th

model-x-features.jpg?w=624

That is pricey.. was thinking it will be a little cheaper.

Wait it's more expensive than model s? That doesn't make sense.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Wait it's more expensive than model s? That doesn't make sense.

it does, its a better equipped bigger and just as fast car

the prices are for the signature series, not the standard car though

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

it does, its a better equipped bigger and just as fast car

the prices are for the signature series, not the standard car though

But model s is a high class sedan while this is a family suv.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Not into "newer" cars. I like older cars from the 60's 70' and select ones from the 80's. Must admit this looks sick.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

This is a high class SUV, with similar high speed performance and equipment, Tesla looks, crazy gullwing doors etc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Bloody hell that's expensive, like range rover expensive. Mind you, I'd rather see these being driven by the rich and famous than range rovers, if only to promote tesla.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

You what? This is a high class SUV as well. I don't understand your reasoning. It has the same battery pack, same 17'' panel, better wheels, bigger construction, among others, so it really justifies the higher price. Also, you don't know the price of the base model, it could be just slightly more expensive than the model S.

Still you are paying a lot for the technology. I just can't imagine that this car is better than a Jaguar XE or something from BMW, Mercedes or Audi in that price range.

who cares...

The price is high because there's so much R&D that's going into Tesla cars. This is also still part of Tesla's phase two car line. Luxury, but easily affordable by the upper class.

This is not for the middle class. That's phase three. Model 3. To bring prices down, they needed to 1) learn from the phase two cars and 2) mass produce a much higher quantity of cars. To be accessible to a greater number of people, Tesla and partners also need to widely expand the charging station network (EV's version of gas stations).

See also: gigafactory, model 3, manufacturing economics

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Still you are paying a lot for the technology. I just can't imagine that this car is better than a Jaguar XE or something from BMW, Mercedes or Audi in that price range.

Its faster, costs no fuel, has crazy technology inside......

"Costs no fuel" is a whole discussion on its own. Faster is a good argument, but so is range.

I also don't like the interior. If its anything like the Model S (which it kind of is) then it is rather a comfort lounge with a raised floor and a gigantic iPad straped to the middle - but its certainly not a car.

Now sadly i wasn't allowed to drive the Model S at the time but the inside is not that convincing imo. And those wing backdoors are the stupidest thing i have ever seen on a modern car.

who cares...

SNIP

Costs no fuel is not a discussion.. it costs a fraction of the money to run, less maintenance costs, electricity is much cheaper than fuel

The interior of the S is fantastic, its not THE highest quality but its better than most cars on the road, the tablet dash is awesome, it looks great and is modern and functional

the gullwing doors are .. INSANELY AMAZING, I mean... the 10 year old inside me is just like "holy fuck thats awesome", as it does for all the tech and gadgets inside

Its basically like a USS Enterprise you can drive around at insane speeds, while being very comfy with lots of tech to play with

Its not a petrol heads car, get a Mustang or Challenger or BMW M3 or something

I love Tesla, I wonder how people will receive this with that pice tag and haven't people already pre-ordered it? So wouldn't they have to have known the price?

Also.. Is there any new information anyone knows about model 3? or whatever the new/old name is.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

early adopters with tech already pay for it, cars are a bigger and more expensive example of the same risk for early adopters.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I love Tesla, I wonder how people will receive this with that pice tag and haven't people already pre-ordered it? So wouldn't they have to have known the price?

Also.. Is there any new information anyone knows about model 3? or whatever the new/old name is.

People who but tesla are the 1%s, they have tons of money that they want a toy rather than a car.

It will probably drop in price like the Model S did after it had gotten into smooth production.

Lord of Helium.

It will probably drop in price like the Model S did after it had gotten into smooth production.

what was the price drop

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a high class SUV, with similar high speed performance and equipment, Tesla looks, crazy gullwing doors etc

gullwing doors? I see no such thing here? 

EDIT: nevermind I saw the Tesla page for it, wow 

Edited by Lauen

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

gullwing doors? I see no such thing here? 

EDIT: nevermind I saw the Tesla page for it, wow 

1671665-poster-tesla-model-x.jpg

I'm really excited about what Tesla is doing. They are making some fantastic cars. As a car guy I have a hard on for good 'ole combustion engines, but man does Tesla make a damn fine car.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

wow that's expensive.... and I don't care for how it looks.

but even that 0-60 in 3.8 seconds is crazy fast for an SUV lol. will still beat most sports cars off the line. 3.2 seconds is just rubbing it in lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1