Every other version of windows is bad

Agazed

Its not against the COC, so I can use it whenever I would like to. And please stay on topic-this is about every other version of Windows being bad after all.

Nope. You are derailing the thread with other non-existing products.

Nope. You are derailing the thread with other non-existing products.

X=10 in Roman numerals, so MicroSoft windows 10=MSX.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

X=10 in Roman numerals, so MicroSoft windows 10=MSX.

It is Win10 the short of Windows 10.

It follows the the same one from Windows 7, 8 and 8.1, where it is: Win7, Win8, Win8.1

If anything, it would be: MS Win10

For Microsoft Windows 10.

MS10, or MSX, means Microsoft 10, and that makes no sense.

WinX, suggests that X is a number to be replace. For example Windows 9x, means Windows 95, and 98.

OSX is used for Apple, because it is Mac OS X the name of the OS. Not Mac OS 10.

It is version 10 yes, but it is presented as "X" not the Romain numeral X or 10.

And it it OSX not APL10.

So the only people you are screwing aren't Apple, but rather confuse people.

It is Win10 the short of Windows 10.

It follows the the same one from Windows 7, 8 and 8.1, where it is: Win7, Win8, Win8.1

If anything, it would be: MS Win10

For Microsoft Windows 10.

MS10, or MSX, means Microsoft 10, and that makes no sense.

WinX, suggests that X is a number to be replace. For example Windows 9x, means Windows 95, and 98.

OSX is used for Apple, because it is Mac OS X the name of the OS. Not Mac OS 10.

It is version 10 yes, but it is presented as "X" not the Romain numeral X or 10.

And it it OSX not APL10.

So the only people you are screwing aren't Apple, but rather confuse people.

Semantics, it can still quite rightly be called MSX because its the 10th mainstream OS made by MS.

PMSL

Semantics, it can still quite rightly be called MSX because its the 10th mainstream OS made by MS.

Incorrect. Windows 7 isn't the 7th "mainstream" OS. Therefor Win 10 isn't

Incorrect. Windows 7 isn't the 7th "mainstream" OS. Therefor Win 10 isn't

Ok....you really getting worked up over something so insignificant aren't you?

PMSL

Ok....you really getting worked up over something so insignificant aren't you?

Then don't misinform people then. If it's Windows 10, call it W10 or Windows 10. Not Windows 5x2 or MSX or whatever. 

Then don't misinform people then. If it's Windows 10, call it W10 or Windows 10. Not Windows 5x2 or MSX or whatever. 

^Can't take a joke like someone else^

PMSL

Except now its live information being streamed to a remote server, so instead of needing a warrant for information on a machine, they have the live data. Think about how many low level functions you use in a day and each and every single one is recorded on a Microsoft server. That's a hell of a lot different to what hardware is in your machine.

I don't think you understand what telemetry data is. So let me explain the best I can.

Here is an example, of a demo website, with a product telemetry data collecting system put into it (you have no idea how many websites uses system like this):

Heatmap_example.jpg

This is one of the views that web developers sees, and work with to know how to improve their website. It can track the cursor, or track where you click.

Microsoft uses something like that. So any action you do, they have heatmaps, graphs, and so on to better understand how people are using each software. There is no screen shot of what you or I have my screen, they have a generic one on their side to overlay under the heatmap.

You know when you go on a website and you go "Wow that is an awesome website, I like navigating it" (well, ok, I know you don't have such reaction, but what I mean is that the website is intuitive, and a joy to use, without searching everywhere for what you want), it is because they use telemetry data collection like that. And track you which page you go within the website, to be added for other graphs. Like for example, they can see that: 80% of people that click on this link, goes back to the preview page in 30sec or less. Then they can say: "Maybe the link name on the page that those 80% of people click on, is not properly descriptive. We should change it to something else."

There is no information on you, as you can see. Granted, that "privacy information" is subjective, but there is privacy of how you use a software/website, and your social security number, credit card information, and so on. The later is considered private information. How you use a software, isn't, and you feel offended, then sadly you should stop using ALL and I mean ALL services that touches the web in any form. And because even software that doesn't touch the web as it seams, might have an telemetry data collecting system.

You can't compare web telemetry and low level application telemetry as the same thing. If I ran a website, I'd want to know the number of times someone visted my site from a particular browser, not how often that user started that browser. Its a nightmare keeping our systems at work secure when information from the intranet is trying to make an external connection to upload local client information. Its not safe, especially if that information was to get in the wrong hands. We don't want people to know which security software we use, which is information that would be collected in this data, plus how often we use it. Its absurd and unnecessary data collection and its more like traditional spying, which is why everyone is worried.

Yea imagine what the criminals will do with the number of time you click at position 26,70 on your screen, and how many times you opened IE. I mean with information like this, might as well he access to all company documentation. Program name sent are those int rested by MS. For example, insider previewers, had a pop-up for Firefox users and Chrome, asking what they think of their web browser (doesn't happen for non insiders).