now its just me asking quesitons without starting new thread

spwath

Don't worry about that. Graduate college first, get a decent job, and you'll be able to get subs so loud they blow women's clothes off.

Yeah.

Well, first finish 11th grade, then 12th, then college, then job, then subwoofer.

Because now i dont need to change anything, as my receiver actualy works, and is nice and banana plugy.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yeah.

Well, first finish 11th grade, then 12th, then college, then job, then subwoofer.

Because now i dont need to change anything, as my receiver actualy works, and is nice and banana plugy.

You know I will let you in on a small secret. Power Sound Audio has been dishing out a lot of new subwoofers. I mean A LOT! You might be able to find one of their older ones online somewhere for around $500 or even less. It's slightly "older" equipment, like 2013 era. They have spent a lot of time this year updating to ICE amplifiers, but even their "older" models are going to be lightyears ahead of your Polky sub.

Just something to keep in mind.

Also bare in mind, the smallest sub they have ever made uses a 15 inch driver and weighs about 85 pounds. See if you can find any XS15 or XV15 used. Well worth it. They all come with a five year warranty, which you would inherit since none of them are five years old. It's a solid product to purchase used.

You know I will let you in on a small secret. Power Sound Audio has been dishing out a lot of new subwoofers. I mean A LOT! You might be able to find one of their older ones online somewhere for around $500 or even less. It's slightly "older" equipment, like 2013 era. They have spent a lot of time this year updating to ICE amplifiers, but even their "older" models are going to be lightyears ahead of your Polky sub.

Just something to keep in mind.

Also bare in mind, the smallest sub they have ever made uses a 15 inch driver and weighs about 85 pounds. See if you can find any XS15 or XV15 used. Well worth it. They all come with a five year warranty, which you would inherit since none of them are five years old. It's a solid product to purchase used.

First I need a job.

Right now i have about 60$ so...

Wasnt SVS a similar company?

I found a sub that looks like it would be good from them on craigslist, but i dont have 500$ soo....

http://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/5175247348.html

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

First I need a job.

Right now i have about 60$ so...

Wasnt SVS a similar company?

I found a sub that looks like it would be good from them on craigslist, but i dont have 500$ soo....

http://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/5175247348.html

Yes, one of the founders of SVS has moved on and has also founded Power Sound Audio. SVS is pretty good. That's a fantastic subwoofer for around $500. It was $1,700 brand new I think. Personally I think a larger radius subwoofer is a better option. More headroom = you'll never grow out of it.

Yes, one of the founders of SVS has moved on and has also founded Power Sound Audio. SVS is pretty good. That's a fantastic subwoofer for around $500. It was $1,700 brand new I think. Personally I think a larger radius subwoofer is a better option. More headroom = you'll never grow out of it.

Either way, I have no money now.

Either way, I have no money now.

I hear you. But keep it in mind. That's free.

I hear you. But keep it in mind. That's free.

Yeah, i think i have decided some music sounds better without my subwoofer.

EDIT;

ooh now i have 1 bid on my old receiver and old speakers already with 20 hours to go.

50$.

I think thats a fair price for that system. Maby.

Hmm, was doing more looking, the only way to set them small is to configure the crossover, and i did that to 80hrz, but, no subwoofer.

I even configured it to send everything to the subwoofer (there was an option for this) and still nothing...

but in the windows test, it still works...

Which input are you using?

Most AVRs will not apply bass management if you use the Multi-channel Input (which your AVR does not have). Some AVRs will not apply bass management on all analogue inputs. 

Almost all AVRs will not apply bass management if you're set to Pure Direct mode ("A. Direct" and "2CH ST" for Sony).

Most AVRs will not apply bass management to digital inputs running at high sampling rates (above 48kHz or above 96kHz, depending on the AVR).

Also check the following:

- Is the speaker setup in the AVR correct (speaker pattern for Sony)?

- Is the SW light on the display lit?

Haha $2,000 speakers, $20 amp, think anyone will hate on me?

Some might. Most of us won't. That'd still sound a lot better than most lifestyle systems at typical playback levels.

Which input are you using?

Most AVRs will not apply bass management if you use the Multi-channel Input (which your AVR does not have). Some AVRs will not apply bass management on all analogue inputs.

Almost all AVRs will not apply bass management if you're set to Pure Direct mode ("A. Direct" and "2CH ST" for Sony).

Most AVRs will not apply bass management to digital inputs running at high sampling rates (above 48kHz or above 96kHz, depending on the AVR).

Also check the following:

- Is the speaker setup in the AVR correct (speaker pattern for Sony)?

- Is the SW light on the display lit?

Some might. Most of us won't. That'd still sound a lot better than most lifestyle systems at typical playback levels.

I got a new receiver,

Onkyo tx-sr606.

I got it for 15$

I'm using the multi channel inputs on that.

But I got it, o just changed the mode and it works

I got a new receiver,

Onkyo tx-sr606.

I got it for 15$

I'm using the multi channel inputs on that.

But I got it, o just changed the mode and it works

Ahh, I didn't know that you're using the PC for bass management.

Ahh, I didn't know that you're using the PC for bass management.

Huh?

I changed modes on the receiver.

I changed it to music mode instead of straight multi chanel mode

Huh?

I changed modes on the receiver.

I changed it to music mode instead of straight multi chanel mode

Great! I wasn't expecting it to do bass management on the multichannel analogue inputs, as most receivers no longer do that (most multichannel sources have their own bass management controls). Such AVRs only run the multichannel inputs in direct mode.

As long as you were able to confirm channel integrity, you should be fine.

Great! I wasn't expecting it to do bass management on the multichannel analogue inputs, as most receivers no longer do that (most multichannel sources have their own bass management controls). Such AVRs only run the multichannel inputs in direct mode.

As long as you were able to confirm channel integrity, you should be fine.

Yeah, it seems odd that it has different dolby modes for analouge, but it does.

I still cant beleive i got it for 15$ though...

Yeah, it seems odd that it has different dolby modes for analouge, but it does.

I still cant beleive i got it for 15$ though...

Dolby modes for analogue is typical (matrix surround sound decoding). It normally doesn't work on the multi-channel input in multi-ch mode though.

$15 is indeed very low.

Dolby modes for analogue is typical (matrix surround sound decoding). It normally doesn't work on the multi-channel input in multi-ch mode though.

$15 is indeed very low.

Oh.

I wasnt in multi-ch mode.

I used not multi-ch mode for music, and multi-ch mode for games/movies and such.