now its just me asking quesitons without starting new thread

spwath

That's a steal to find a working Onkyo for $15. Who cares about HDMI as long as it can process the sound.

Are all the HDMI ports broken?

Idk, I'll have to test them once the auto calibration is done

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

cool I even got a page of lables for my wires.

Now, the subwoofer isnt being used in music.

I configured the receiver to have my speakers go down to 80hz, but the sub still isnt being used.

EDIT:

@JohnT

my Aiwa speakers sold for 60$ (i bought them for 5$)

so now i can watercool my new receiver once i ship the speakers out and get my money

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

cool I even got a page of lables for my wires.

Now, the subwoofer isnt being used in music.

I configured the receiver to have my speakers go down to 80hz, but the sub still isnt being used.

Make sure to set the speakers to small.

Make sure to set the speakers to small.

Yeah i couldent find that option, but i probably just have to comb through the manual.

And good news, 

my Aiwa speakers sold for 60$ (i bought them for 5$)

so now i can watercool my new receiver once i ship the speakers out and get my money

Hmm, was doing more looking, the only way to set them small is to configure the crossover, and i did that to 80hrz, but, no subwoofer.

I even configured it to send everything to the subwoofer (there was an option for this) and still nothing...

but in the windows test, it still works...

Hmm, was doing more looking, the only way to set them small is to configure the crossover, and i did that to 80hrz, but, no subwoofer.

I even configured it to send everything to the subwoofer (there was an option for this) and still nothing...

but in the windows test, it still works...

Interesting. Do you have your speakers set to small in Windows as well?

Good thing about the Aiwa speakers! People are waiting for a water cooled receiver  ;)

Good thing about the Aiwa speakers! People are waiting for a water cooled receiver  ;)

Yeah i do.

Cant really figure it out...

Ill see if they have customer support, if not, i dont really need sub for music, I dont have my tiny sonys anymore. (well i do, but they are not being used, and on ebay)

EDIT:

ill have to make sure watercooling is still feasable in this receiver.

It probably will be.

Yeah i do.

Cant really figure it out...

Ill see if they have customer support, if not, i dont really need sub for music, I dont have my tiny sonys anymore. (well i do, but they are not being used, and on ebay)

EDIT:

ill have to make sure watercooling is still feasable in this receiver.

It probably will be.

One day you will get a sub, and you will know what you've been missing.

One day you will get a sub, and you will know what you've been missing.

Well I have a sub

But its a 100$ sub, so I can live without it for music

Good thing about the Aiwa speakers! People are waiting for a water cooled receiver ;)

This new receiver is quite a bit warmer.

I had to add a fan to back of cabinet, it was feeling hot on the top.

It's actually going to be useful to water cool it

This new receiver is quite a bit warmer.

I had to add a fan to back of cabinet, it was feeling hot on the top.

It's actually going to be useful to water cool it

Friends don't let friends buy Sony.

Are you going to sell your Sony now? 

Friends don't let friends buy Sony.

Are you going to sell your Sony now? 

Probably.

Im going to wait for my DVI to HDMI adapter to arive, and see if surround works on the sony using HDMI passtrhough.

If it does, then I can sell it as working.

If not, ill have to note the problems it has.

The Onkyo was 15$ cheaper than the sony, and that was already cheap.

Seems like i got an amazing deal.

Probably.

Im going to wait for my DVI to HDMI adapter to arive, and see if surround works on the sony using HDMI passtrhough.

If it does, then I can sell it as working.

If not, ill have to note the problems it has.

The Onkyo was 15$ cheaper than the sony, and that was already cheap.

Seems like i got an amazing deal.

Yeah. You did. I wish I could get a deal around here for that amount. I'm looking for new speakers and would like a plump juice box to deliver power.

Yeah. You did. I wish I could get a deal around here for that amount. I'm looking for new speakers and would like a plump juice box to deliver power.

How bout a sony STR-DH520?

:)

How bout a sony STR-DH520?

:)

Haha $2,000 speakers, $20 amp, think anyone will hate on me?

Haha $2,000 speakers, $20 amp, think anyone will hate on me?

I could charge you 500$

I could charge you 500$

Why not. Grab a one off Marantz badge from eBay and some super glue. That way the issue you're having with dual monitors isn't a problem... it's an experience.

Well, I turned a 65$ profit on the speakers.

I bought them for 5 at garage sale, sold for 60 plus 20 shipping, shiping cost 10, I get 65$!!!

garage sales are great.

Sounds dumb but make sure you sub is set to on instead of auto. Sometimes receivers fail to send the wakeup signal to the sub especially if they're not the ones turned on first.

Sounds dumb but make sure you sub is set to on instead of auto. Sometimes receivers fail to send the wakeup signal to the sub especially if they're not the ones turned on first.

Yeah, I did that.

I was having problems with that with my old receiver, so I kept it on on.

I cant figure out why.

I contacted onkyo support

Yeah, I did that.

I was having problems with that with my old receiver, so I kept it on on.

I cant figure out why.

I contacted onkyo support

What did they say?

What did they say?

Nothing, I emailed them. now i just have to wait for them to reply.

Well just ordered one more pair of banana plugs for my new receiver.

Thank you bing rewards, i got them for free.

What did they say?

Well they were working with me, and then i figured it out on my own,

I was in multi chanel mode, and since windows was sending nothing through sub channel, no sub.

I set it to a different mode on receiver, and boom, i get subwoofer (ew, my sub doesnt sound that good for music)

Well they were working with me, and then i figured it out on my own,

I was in multi chanel mode, and since windows was sending nothing through sub channel, no sub.

I set it to a different mode on receiver, and boom, i get subwoofer (ew, my sub doesnt sound that good for music)

Don't worry about that. Graduate college first, get a decent job, and you'll be able to get subs so loud they blow women's clothes off.