now its just me asking quesitons without starting new thread

spwath

I have a new problem with my receiver.

I turn it on, and a few second later, it turns off, with the message "Protect" on the screen.

No wires are touching, as its all banana plus other than 2 conections, and i checked them.

Receiver is sony STR-DH520.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I have a new problem with my receiver.

I turn it on, and a few second later, it turns off, with the message "Protect" on the screen.

No wires are touching, as its all banana plus other than 2 conections, and i checked them.

Receiver is sony STR-DH520.

Unplug all speakers. Problem still there? If not, reconnect one at a time until it is.

Unplug all speakers. Problem still there? If not, reconnect one at a time until it is.

Did that.

When i got them all conected again, no problem.

Must have been a short i didnt see.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Did that.

When i got them all conected again, no problem.

Must have been a short i didnt see.

I thought you were using banana plugs??

I thought you were using banana plugs??

My rear channels on receiver are not, they don't have binding posts

My rear channels on receiver are not, they don't have binding posts

That explains it.

That explains it.

Yeah.

Next receiver I get, all binding posts.

Yeah.

Next receiver I get, all binding posts.

That's exactly what I did. I purchased a cheapo receiver with 2 posts and 3 springs. Sounded okay. Couldn't stand the connectors. Returned it in within 10 days and dropped another $100 for all post connector types. It's a serious time saver when I am moving things around.

That's exactly what I did. I purchased a cheapo receiver with 2 posts and 3 springs. Sounded okay. Couldn't stand the connectors. Returned it in within 10 days and dropped another $100 for all post connector types. It's a serious time saver when I am moving things around.

I might get another one soon due to my HDMI issues, and the post thing.

Trying to decide what to do,

Don't want to water cool this one if I'm just going to get rid of it soon.

I might get another one soon due to my HDMI issues, and the post thing.

Trying to decide what to do,

Don't want to water cool this one if I'm just going to get rid of it soon.

I'm surprised to see if the dang thing still works. Most receivers are all passive cooled, so it would be interesting to know all potential benefits... Sound quality, temperature, longevity, etc.

This is a pretty big scientific task you've set yourself up for.

I also recommend a different receiver brand if you plan to buy something else. Like Yamaha or Denon.

I'm surprised to see if the dang thing still works. Most receivers are all passive cooled, so it would be interesting to know all potential benefits... Sound quality, temperature, longevity, etc.

This is a pretty big scientific task you've set yourself up for.

I also recommend a different receiver brand if you plan to buy something else. Like Yamaha or Denon.

Yeah, ill do that.

This sony was a bad experience.

But, might be good to watercool this one in case i mess up.

Yeah, ill do that.

This sony was a bad experience.

But, might be good to watercool this one in case i mess up.

How are you planning to make a block?

How are you planning to make a block?

I was just going to use like 2 or 3 cheap eBay CPU blocks, and put them on the big aluminum plate.

I may have just found an amazing deal....

Tx Sr606 Onkyo

for only 20$!!!!!!

The HDMI is broken, but it looks like its a common problem, and an easy fix, and if not, IT HAS THE STANDARD PC 5.1 INPUTS!!! so i can just use that and not even wory about HDMI and have my dual monitors fine!!!!

i think i need to get it...

and all binding posts...

http://rochester.craigslist.org/for/5195011306.html

and dual zone...

I need it...

I may have just found an amazing deal....

Tx Sr606 Onkyo

for only 20$!!!!!!

The HDMI is broken, but it looks like its a common problem, and an easy fix, and if not, IT HAS THE STANDARD PC 5.1 INPUTS!!! so i can just use that and not even wory about HDMI and have my dual monitors fine!!!!

i think i need to get it...

and all binding posts...

http://rochester.craigslist.org/for/5195011306.html

and dual zone...

I need it...

The rear is a little confusing I don't see the 5.1 inputs... but it looks good otherwise. Onkyo makes some good stuff! I'm using a small Onkyo receiver with my set up right now.

The rear is a little confusing I don't see the 5.1 inputs... but it looks good otherwise. Onkyo makes some good stuff! I'm using a small Onkyo receiver with my set up right now.

They're there, just split into rca conections

post-53826-0-50110200-1441075853.png

Well I'm picking it up today

Well I'm picking it up today

Shoot yeah for $20 as might as well try it out

Shoot yeah for $20 as might as well try it out

actualy getting it for 15$.

Looks like a nice receiver, it has dual zones, and all binding posts, and, the analouge input should work with no problems.

Missing the auto calibration mic, but, i can always get one on ebay if the receiver works well.

actualy getting it for 15$.

Looks like a nice receiver, it has dual zones, and all binding posts, and, the analouge input should work with no problems.

Missing the auto calibration mic, but, i can always get one on ebay if the receiver works well.

That's nuts. Every time I try to low ball someone on Craigslist I get the middle finger. Maybe I'm going too low? Who knows. I tried buying speakers a few months ago, but the guy was trying to sell them used for the same price they were selling on Amazon. He told me some local store sold it to him for $250 more and even emailed me a receipt proving it. I shook my head and said no way.

That's nuts. Every time I try to low ball someone on Craigslist I get the middle finger. Maybe I'm going too low? Who knows. I tried buying speakers a few months ago, but the guy was trying to sell them used for the same price they were selling on Amazon. He told me some local store sold it to him for $250 more and even emailed me a receipt proving it. I shook my head and said no way.

Yeah i seem to have had good luck.

I just got home with it, he had the original box, and instruction manuals.

Now to see if it works.

EDIT:

theyy said there was no auto calibration mic.

THere is!

Yeah i seem to have had good luck.

I just got home with it, he had the original box, and instruction manuals.

Now to see if it works.

EDIT:

theyy said there was no auto calibration mic.

THere is!

Is there a remote? Why the heck aren't you in school?

Is there a remote? Why the heck aren't you in school?

Yeah.

School starts tomorow for me.

YES!

@JohnT it works great with my PC analouge output, and i have 2 monitors now!

This is so nice, everything works with it.

And the receivers front is aluminum instead of plastic like my sony

YES!

@JohnT it works great with my PC analouge output, and i have 2 monitors now!

This is so nice, everything works with it.

And the receivers front is aluminum instead of plastic like my sony

That's a steal to find a working Onkyo for $15. Who cares about HDMI as long as it can process the sound.

Are all the HDMI ports broken?