Teaming NIC's in Windows 8

Ssoele

So I have a total of 4 gigabit posts on my workstation and I want to team them in pairs of 2 for connecting to my LAN and my SAN.

Now the problem that I have is that you don't seem to be able to create 2 network bridges in Windows and that teaming is not possible in 8 (it is in Server 2012).

If I try to team the NIC's in PowerShell, it spits the following message:

New-NetLbfoTeam : One of the required software components, 'ms_lbfo' is missing on the system. Please make sure you are using a Server SKU, and that no OS components have been uninstalled.

So, does someone has any experience with that? I do a bit, but only on Windows Server... Where teaming is possible.

Teaming is not officially supported in Windows 8 - you can install the RSAT and manage remote teams on Server 2012 from your Win8 both, but no, no teams...

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w8itpronetworking/thread/46caf797-9293-46ac-b243-da6be979d939

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Too bad, but I have a solution. I'm just going to invest in a quad gigbit card that supports teaming in the driver (eg. Intel Pro/1000 PT series), you can find that for around 130 USD shipped on Ebay.