I can't install windows 10 to my new samsung ssd.

Hi everyone, I'm trying to install windows 10 to my 500gb ssd. I am installing from a usb. I boot to the usb, go through the steps, select the ssd, once it installs all the media and restarts, it wants me to go through the process again. I try to boot to the ssd? says there's nothing on it, and so I'm stuck in this infinite loop of installing windows media to my ssd.

The USB install could be corrupted. Test another USB and report back.

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

will do

Try and use the sata to usb and try and see if the windows files are actually on the ssd by connecting it to a different computer. Also as Elias said, try using another USB.

Hi everyone, I'm trying to install windows 10 to my 500gb ssd. I am installing from a usb. I boot to the usb, go through the steps, select the ssd, once it installs all the media and restarts, it wants me to go through the process again. I try to boot to the ssd? says there's nothing on it, and so I'm stuck in this infinite loop of installing windows media to my ssd.

Is it a PCI-E M.2 SSD?

Try and use the sata to usb and try and see if the windows files are actually on the ssd by connecting it to a different computer. Also as Elias said, try using another USB.

i dont have a sata to usb adapter

Is it a PCI-E M.2 SSD?

no it's the samsung 850 evo 

It didnt change anything

It's still doing the same thing after trying a new USB

It's still doing the same thing after trying a new USB

How are you creating the bootable USB? 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

It didnt change anything

Install and remove the USB after the first reboot.

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

And you're using the media creation tool correct? 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Install and remove the USB after the first reboot.

"reboot and selsect proper boot device"

And you're using the media creation tool correct? 

yes

"reboot and selsect proper boot device"

So if I am getting this right the SSD is recognized but is not accepting the installation, try another SATA port.

So if I am getting this right the SSD is recognized but is not accepting the installation, try another SATA port.

yeah it's regonized like i can select it as a partition to install windows on but once it restarts it just brings me back to square one. I just changed ports and it did nothing

At this point in time I want to say the SSD is at fault, if you have another PC try to install on it, if it goes through something maybe wrong with the machine in question.

At this point in time I want to say the SSD is at fault, if you have another PC try to install on it, if it goes through something maybe wrong with the machine in question.

Just got this SSD delivered 2 hours ago from amazon prime 2 hour because my other one stopped working today also

Just got this SSD delivered 2 hours ago from amazon prime 2 hour because my other one stopped working today also

Check your motherboard for a BIOS update.

Look at the reviews and see if other people have a similar issue. I've had 2 Corsair Flash Voyagers 32GB that both failed randomly after a few months and that seemed to be the experience other buyers had. 

Look at the reviews and see if other people have a similar issue. I've had 2 Corsair Flash Voyagers 32GB that both failed randomly after a few months and that seemed to be the experience other buyers had. 

They all seem fine

Check your motherboard for a BIOS update.

not sure how to do that. have a msi z97 mobo