i just got a virus ahahahaha //badpokerface

ProjectX01

thankfully. i was able to respond in time to hard reset my pc. and plugged the network off. after which i tracked (manually) all the files the virus had created. or atleast... most of it.

for now i've used windows defender ( and i know wht your gonna say. but most of the time i dont even use antivirus softwares) to scan my pc for remnants. and i've downloaded AVG to clean up the other things windows defender didnt pick up. ( pls. again i know avg isnt the best but well. its free.)

so my problem is that i cant delete some of the programs in windows uninstall. so can you guys recommend any good software cleaners? or even maybe good anti virus programs?

just use Avast. I don't care, it works.

AVG free antivirus is good. Do a whole computer scan

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

What do you mean? When you say you can't uninstall?

Are you receiving any erros like "Error 2503, 2502"??

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Ccleaner, delete the program files and then scour the registry for entries that deleting the program files left behind. I hate antivirus. Prefer to do it myself.

What do you mean? When you say you can't uninstall?

Are you receiving any erros like "Error 2503, 2502"??

nope. they are simply not running when i click uninstall

Ccleaner, delete the program files and then scour the registry for entries that deleting the program files left behind. I hate antivirus. Prefer to do it myself.

is cc cleaner good? i;ve been reading some post here and everybody just bashes everything

nope. they are simply not running when i click uninstall

Try Revo Uninstaller then.

If it doesn't Uninstall, It will completely wipe out the program's files and other left overs.

Did you try Ccleaner inbuilt Uninstallation feature?

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

is cc cleaner good? i;ve been reading some post here and everybody just bashes everything

Ccleaner is best tool for maintenance.

Just get it no questions asked.

Nobody bashes CCleaner. Because there's nothing to bash. it just does its job. It's not like antivirus software where it nags you that your Free Trial is About to Expire! Upgrade to Premium Now! It just finds errors in your registry, chews them up, spits them out, and goes about its day. Doesn't get in the way and there's no flashy nonsense. You can even use it to zero out mounted drives. 99% of the problems people have with their computers even after deleting malicious programs come from the gobs of errors that are left behind in the registry.

so i installed cc cleaner and AVG. im not entirely sure yet. but ill update my status in a few hours to see how all the scan works

I've used CCleaner for years and have never had a single problem. Has made some noticeable performance improvements when I've run it through old machines as well. 

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41